Computers & Electronics

Anyone Seen Any VPN Deals? Surfshark / ExpressVPN / Windscribe / Ivacy

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 27, 2015
6147 posts
4023 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Anyone Seen Any VPN Deals? Surfshark / ExpressVPN / Windscribe / Ivacy

Anyone seen a decent VPN deal?

I was with Windscribe and they were ok. Buffering could be pretty bad for US/UK netflix tho.

I don't torrent or download, so just looking for something for streaming/privacy.

Best deals I can see right now are on stacksocial and topcashback

topcashback
ExpressVPN - up to $36.00 of your purchase back
Surfshark - Up to 65% of your purchase back

stacksocial
Ivacy VPN: Lifetime Subscription - $40
NordVPN: 1-Yr Subscription - $60
Surfshark VPN: 3-Yr Subscription - $84

TIA
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6226 posts
4096 upvotes
SW ON
For streaming you need smart DNS and don't need VPN.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
18688 posts
5707 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised that you had buffering with Windscribe. I use Windscribe on my router and I have no problems with streaming 4k US Netflix to 2 different devices at the same time.

Are you running Windscribe on a router or the streaming device?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 27, 2015
6147 posts
4023 upvotes
Toronto, ON
audit13 wrote: I'm surprised that you had buffering with Windscribe. I use Windscribe on my router and I have no problems with streaming 4k US Netflix to 2 different devices at the same time.

Are you running Windscribe on a router or the streaming device?
Not tech savvy, so I was just running it on the Mibox.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 27, 2015
6147 posts
4023 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are these all decent companies?

I know of Express, Nord and Windscribe.

Not the other 2 tho.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
18688 posts
5707 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote: Not tech savvy, so I was just running it on the Mibox.
It could have been buffering because the MiBox's CPU may not support hardware encryption for VPN purposes. Another VPN service may not be any better.
Last edited by audit13 on Apr 20th, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 27, 2015
6147 posts
4023 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ahh.

Ok good to now.

Thanks
Newbie
Jun 19, 2011
93 posts
27 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
JRGUINNESS wrote: Anyone seen a decent VPN deal?

I was with Windscribe and they were ok. Buffering could be pretty bad for US/UK netflix tho.

I don't torrent or download, so just looking for something for streaming/privacy.

Best deals I can see right now are on stacksocial and topcashback

topcashback
ExpressVPN - up to $36.00 of your purchase back
Surfshark - Up to 65% of your purchase back

stacksocial
Ivacy VPN: Lifetime Subscription - $40
NordVPN: 1-Yr Subscription - $60
Surfshark VPN: 3-Yr Subscription - $84

TIA
Bottom line: suggest you stay with Windscribe if you value privacy. They have stopped their affiliate program, so there won't be any more 'deals'.
If speed and lowest price are the goal, go with anything else.....and be prepared to potentially receive takedown notices.
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
723 posts
694 upvotes
Just posted a deal on RFD about Surfshark, 27 months for like 44$.
RFD deleted it and told me surfshark was BANNED here LOL...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6226 posts
4096 upvotes
SW ON
sobig wrote: Just posted a deal on RFD about Surfshark, 27 months for like 44$.
RFD deleted it and told me surfshark was BANNED here LOL...
Did they say why it was banned?
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
723 posts
694 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Did they say why it was banned?
From: Mars2012
Recipient: sobig
It was a while ago, most likely for shilling. You can ask admin (TomRFD) about it if you want.

Still waiting on TomRFD
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
13048 posts
4352 upvotes
vpnunlimited
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
723 posts
694 upvotes
sexyj wrote: vpnunlimited
vpnunlimited are based in the US, That a big fat NO
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
13048 posts
4352 upvotes
big fat no on what ?

you are drinking too much conspiracy koolaid
sobig wrote: vpnunlimited are based in the US, That a big fat NO
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Sr. Member
Jun 10, 2011
723 posts
694 upvotes
audit13 wrote: How come? OP was asking about streaming, not torrenting.
doesn't matter if it's for streaming or downloading, Most people buying a VPN does it for privacy reason.
so why pay MORE for vpnunlimited which is based in the US over a vpn which doesn't fall under 14 Eyes Jurisdiction which really take your privacy seriously...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2004
4262 posts
1273 upvotes
Mississauga
JRGUINNESS wrote: Anyone seen a decent VPN deal?

I was with Windscribe and they were ok. Buffering could be pretty bad for US/UK netflix tho.

I don't torrent or download, so just looking for something for streaming/privacy.

Best deals I can see right now are on stacksocial and topcashback

topcashback
ExpressVPN - up to $36.00 of your purchase back
Surfshark - Up to 65% of your purchase back

stacksocial
Ivacy VPN: Lifetime Subscription - $40
NordVPN: 1-Yr Subscription - $60
Surfshark VPN: 3-Yr Subscription - $84

TIA
Stay away from ExpressVPN if you can.
https://restoreprivacy.com/kape-technol ... iew-sites/
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
18688 posts
5707 upvotes
Toronto
sobig wrote: doesn't matter if it's for streaming or downloading, Most people buying a VPN does it for privacy reason.
so why pay MORE for vpnunlimited which is based in the US over a vpn which doesn't fall under 14 Eyes Jurisdiction which really take your privacy seriously...
The OP is buying for streaming content from the USA and UK. No mention of privacy by OP.

Yeah, some people use a VPN for privacy, I'm just not one of them.

VPN unlimited has lifetime deals for $15 USD and their service works for USA services including HBO, Paramount, Peacock, and Hulu.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)