Think of the Childre…
I still have winters on.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5230 posts
1925 upvotes
Debtario
I was going to do it last sunday, but decided to go for a bike ride instead. No rush, temperatures are well below nomal anyway. Maybe next weekend.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7448 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
I am keeping a set of Continental Winter Contact SI on a car. Theses tires ride better than the OEM LOL

Already done a road trip down south, tires rode well regardless of the warmer weather.

Car won’t be driven much this summer. It makes sense to let them be and not swapping the tires (I only have 1 set of rims). One thing to do is make sure to keep in the garage as much as possible because of less UV effect. No rim swap = saves at least $60x2.
Dec 8, 2009
345 posts
59 upvotes
I am thinking about the same thing: keep winter tires on this summer. Who knows how long we still have to stay home.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13379 posts
8345 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Hey ya'll..........snow is here and I still got my winters on! lol

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 20, 2015
581 posts
148 upvotes
Place
Already swap tires last week.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2840 posts
1151 upvotes
GTA
Still on my winters - barely driving much at all though
Mar 12, 2017
147 posts
73 upvotes
I've been trying to put off swapping out my winter tires for my all-seasons because of the coronavirus. I don't wanna get corona waiting at the dealership to swap my tires. And I don't know how to change my tires. But this damn virus doesn't seem to be going anyway anytime soon and the 14 day forecast shows that even the daily lows are above 7C consistently. So I can't put this off any longer. Even if I'm just driving to the grocery store and going for my little night rides to burn gas (if you let gas sit in your tank for too long, apparently it will go bad and screw up your engine). And my dealership stopped offering free pickup and delivery for service calls. So I guess I gotta wear a surgical mask and gloves, try to stay 2 metres away from other people and hope for the best.

I'm fed up with this virus already. It's been over two months since the social distancing started and the 7-day rolling average in Ontario is only down 41% of the peak 7-day rolling average (Apr 18-24). That's still a lot of cases. We're not out of the woods yet. And yet the dealership won't do free pickup and delivery anymore because the province is starting to open up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5427 posts
1838 upvotes
GTEH!
NEETtrader wrote: I've been trying to put off swapping out my winter tires for my all-seasons because of the coronavirus. I don't wanna get corona waiting at the dealership to swap my tires. And I don't know how to change my tires. But this damn virus doesn't seem to be going anyway anytime soon and the 14 day forecast shows that even the daily lows are above 7C consistently. So I can't put this off any longer. Even if I'm just driving to the grocery store and going for my little night rides to burn gas (if you let gas sit in your tank for too long, apparently it will go bad and screw up your engine). And my dealership stopped offering free pickup and delivery for service calls. So I guess I gotta wear a surgical mask and gloves, try to stay 2 metres away from other people and hope for the best.

I'm fed up with this virus already. It's been over two months since the social distancing started and the 7-day rolling average in Ontario is only down 41% of the peak 7-day rolling average (Apr 18-24). That's still a lot of cases. We're not out of the woods yet. And yet the dealership won't do free pickup and delivery anymore because the province is starting to open up.
Not sure where you're located, how about local tire shops near you? Doesn't have to be a Dealership.
😎
Jun 19, 2007
214 posts
66 upvotes
Mississauga
I am still on, came handy last weekend : ) It quite wobbly last few days and i will switch this weekend.
Mar 12, 2017
147 posts
73 upvotes
Webhead wrote: Not sure where you're located, how about local tire shops near you? Doesn't have to be a Dealership.
I'm in Mississauga. My dealership typically takes forever just to do a tire swap and oil change because they typically see a lot of clients. I could see myself getting corona just waiting there for my car. lmao.

I'm assuming I'm going to need the oil change done as well since it's been over 6 months.

The second wave of this virus in the fall is probably going to be worse than the situation now. So I'm gonna have to take my car in eventually. lol.

I have a chronic mild respiratory illness (I've had a cough for two months and runny nose, sneezing, occassional sore throat for 3 1/2 months) of some kind that I need to get checked out after corona is over. So I'm terrified of what is gonna happen to me if I catch this virus. Since my lungs are not 100% to begin with even though I'm in my 30s. And I live with an elderly parent with cancer.

I guess I'll just wear a surgical mask and my latex gloves and hope for the best. lol. This virus pisses me off. Because I have things that I need to get done and can't put my life on hold forever. But there is a deadly virus out there.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
5941 posts
2433 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
NEETtrader wrote: I'm in Mississauga. My dealership typically takes forever just to do a tire swap and oil change because they typically see a lot of clients. I could see myself getting corona just waiting there for my car. lmao.

I'm assuming I'm going to need the oil change done as well since it's been over 6 months.

The second wave of this virus in the fall is probably going to be worse than the situation now. So I'm gonna have to take my car in eventually. lol.

I have a chronic mild respiratory illness (I've had a cough for two months and runny nose, sneezing, occassional sore throat for 3 1/2 months) of some kind that I need to get checked out after corona is over. So I'm terrified of what is gonna happen to me if I catch this virus. Since my lungs are not 100% to begin with even though I'm in my 30s. And I live with an elderly parent with cancer.

I guess I'll just wear a surgical mask and my latex gloves and hope for the best. lol. This virus pisses me off. Because I have things that I need to get done and can't put my life on hold forever. But there is a deadly virus out there.
See if a neighbour or friend can help you swap tires and/or oil.

There are also drive thru oil changes where you stay in car while they change oil. Only suggest if do not have high end vehicle that has difficult oil change process or takes oil normally not stocked.

We've gone to using all weather tires on older vehicle that drive short distances so no more swapping tires.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5427 posts
1838 upvotes
GTEH!
NEETtrader wrote: I'm in Mississauga. My dealership typically takes forever just to do a tire swap and oil change because they typically see a lot of clients. I could see myself getting corona just waiting there for my car. lmao.

For tire swap, Tires23 in Mississauga is a good place (Dixie & 401). Don’t recall the cost. Give them a call.
I’ve used their tire services before and they do a good job (purchase and install tires only.)
😎
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1712 posts
2561 upvotes
Still have my winters on, don't have a choice ATM. I moved out to Vancouver, drove from Winnipeg early February. Good thing I decided to keep them on since the Alberta to BC stretch was not safe Astonished Face.

My all season tires are still sitting at my brother's house in Winnipeg... Not sure what to do or if I should have them shipped. I live in an apartment downtown and I'd probably have to find a tire storage place as well.