Food & Drink

Anyone tried Imperial Buffet in Mississauga (Dixie & Dundas)?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2011 10:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1688 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga

Anyone tried Imperial Buffet in Mississauga (Dixie & Dundas)?

I drove by and saw there is a new buffet restaurant called Imperial Buffet at the Dundas & Dixie plaza. It's where Town & Country Buffet used to be. Anyone tried that?
73 replies
Mar 5, 2002
808 posts
60 upvotes
Is Imperial Buffet THERE now?

I know that it used to be up the street in the mall where Chuck E Cheese's is located (where Star Walk is now).

But if it's the same Imperial Buffet/Management that was at the old mall...I would recommend NOT GOING!

Reasons:
Bad service,
Got sick from the jellyfish (I had a funny feeling before eating it as it was slightly air-dried...but was stupid enough to eat it)
No refills on soft drinks.

Otherwise, you're typical Chinese Buffet. If you have a car...I'd recommend driving north 10 minutes and going to Star Walk.

Cheers,
Tano
Apr 27, 2004
319 posts
3 upvotes
[quote="ayeung" post_id="4063242" time="1161708082" user_id="28017"]I drove by and saw there is a new buffet restaurant called Imperial Buffet at the Dundas & Dixie plaza. It's where Town & Country Buffet used to be. Anyone tried that?[/QUOTE

I'd tried all the Imperial Buffets since I know one of the owners...The Sauga Location will have the same selection like the Ajax buffet. The Restaurant should be opening very soon like less than a week or two the most. Try it out after the first two weeks...The Ajax is always packed during the evenings. Be sure to reserve or check the website.. www.imperialbuffet.com
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12220 posts
148 upvotes
Aww crap. Town and Country closed down?

I have a 2 4 1 coupon, that i havent used yet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: Aww crap. Town and Country closed down?

I have a 2 4 1 coupon, that i havent used yet.
Town and Country was awesome! There used to be one at woodbine/steeles but it closed down maybe 10 years ago.. didnt know they still existed.

About Imperial, its a cheap Mandarin knockoff. I used to take my clients to the one at Dufferin/Steeles. Its nothing special
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1688 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
There is still a town & country in downtown which many people said it's awesome. So, don't throw away your coupon yet.

I thought the one up the street in the mall where Chuck E Cheese's is located (Dixie & Rathburn, where Star Walk is now) was Emperor Buffet, not Imperial Buffet, which take over town & country spot?
Jun 4, 2006
649 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
Town and Country Downtown had to be one of the worst restaurants i've ever been to.
Nov 2, 2005
2 posts
Tried this new restaurant Friday evening and was extremely dissapointed. The food was mediocre, at best. Everything was bland with little taste and much of the food was overcooked. Even foods identified as "spicy" were tasteless. When we first arrived, the service was very good. Shortly after, it was hard to get our water glasses refilled.
If you want to go to a Chinese buffet, my advice is to stick with the Mandarin. It may cost a bit more but the food is far superior.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19261 posts
2949 upvotes
Woodbridge
Mandarin > Imperial Buffet

We went there for my brother's birthday...I was say half of us was disappointed.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 19, 2006
294 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
Went there last week...wont be going back!

The service wasnt that great and neither was the food and for the price (around 17 for dinner I think it was) you might as well pay the few extra dollars and go to Mandarin.
Feb 25, 2007
1 posts
i had tried imperial buffet and really loves the food there. for the price of $18.99, you can have all you can eat crab legs..it's worth to pay that money to eat crab legs. in addition, the selection of dessert is fantastic! I can pay that aomunt just to have dessert there. and if I'm not mistaken, Imperial buffet is totally different from Emperor Buffet at Rockwood Mall and also Imperial Palace at Derry Rd. Pls do not get confused about these 3 restaurant. THere have different owner because I had asked the manager in these restuarant before. At first, I was confused too, so I called and get confirmation. trust me, mandarin is damn expensive and the food is almost the same as imperial buffet, except the salad and dessert. they serve fresh bun and croissant everyday. have to try their montreal cheesecake and mango mousse cake, plus blueberry yogurt cake...plus chicken mango salad...to keep my notes short, give a try will not hurt you. do not judge the book by the cover. everyone has their own tastebud and liking and expectation. i love eating so i will try all the brand new restuarant and will definitely say imperial is the best compare to mandarin and star walk!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18290 posts
1261 upvotes
Elmira
Mandarin is the best I've had :)
a closed mind is already defeated
Nov 21, 2004
761 posts
1 upvote
luckystar wrote: trust me, mandarin is damn expensive and the food is almost the same as imperial buffet, except the salad and dessert.
Lol you are kidding right? Mandarin's food cost nears 45% and the reason is not b/c its a buffet but rather b/c they actually buy decent quality food from their suppliers! People that know how to eat can automatically taste the difference in quality b/w say Mandarin and Imperial Buffet.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18290 posts
1261 upvotes
Elmira
NOTHING is as bad as Wong's Buffet in Brampton

I had like an MSG overdose from their crappy food and got a crazy rash on my arms. GHETTO!
a closed mind is already defeated
Feb 27, 2007
3 posts
Pete00 wrote: Lol you are kidding right? Mandarin's food cost nears 45% and the reason is not b/c its a buffet but rather b/c they actually buy decent quality food from their suppliers! People that know how to eat can automatically taste the difference in quality b/w say Mandarin and Imperial Buffet.
LOL! I dont know what kind of taste buds U hv! Your money is only paying for the name of "Mandarin" but their food doesn't worth that much (over $20/dinner! NO WAY) Imperial is no worse than Mandarin and they have triple selection of delicious desserts than Mandarin. They have almost double the food selection than Mandarin and they definitely worth the money one is paying for it! I have tried Mandarin before and I think it wil be unwise to pay that much money just because of its name!
Feb 27, 2007
3 posts
ayeung wrote: I drove by and saw there is a new buffet restaurant called Imperial Buffet at the Dundas & Dixie plaza. It's where Town & Country Buffet used to be. Anyone tried that?
Yes, and it is worth to give it a try! You will love it if you love crab legs and desserts. Their dessert selection is so big that they have more selection than any other dessert buffet could offer. Over there, you are only paying one price for items like crab legs, sushi, roast beef, ... and a lot of delicious desserts, it is almost like you are paying one price, but for 2 buffets (the lunch/diiner buffet + dessert buffet).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
baouong wrote: Star Walk FTW
You gotta be kidding me :lol:
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)