Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Anyone tried the new Cheetos KD?

Saw the Hot Deals thread and thought why not? Either it's my lack of culinary sense or these don't justify the $2 per box price. I tried the middle one; Flamin' Spice or something. Tastes like they just added a bunch of Cayenne or Parpirka along with the regular Cheddar Cheese powder. Got through a few bites and "meh". I'm not impressed.

Don't waste your money.
Images
  • IMG_0453.jpg
  • tempImage0ERtZf.gif
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8397 posts
5253 upvotes
Mississauga
Tried the bold and cheesy version. Tasted exactly like a Cheeto (not a big fan). And the bright orange colour was a little disconcerting. Won't be buying again.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12023 posts
4824 upvotes
It was ok but for the money it wasn't anything special.

Can get KD on sale for under $1 all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8912 posts
10032 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: Saw the Hot Deals thread and thought why not? Either it's my lack of culinary sense or these don't justify the $2 per box price. I tried the middle one; Flamin' Spice or something. Tastes like they just added a bunch of Cayenne or Parpirka along with the regular Cheddar Cheese powder. Got through a few bites and "meh". I'm not impressed.

Don't waste your money.
Is there something wrong with your camera or is that really the colour? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3913 posts
3766 upvotes
Toronto
FreshCo has these at regular price for $1.78.

I tried the jalapeño one so far and I will be buying it again.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3913 posts
3766 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote: Is there something wrong with your camera or is that really the colour? Face With Tears Of Joy
Have you ever had flamin hot anything? It is usually that same colour.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8397 posts
5253 upvotes
Mississauga
9394 wrote: Is there something wrong with your camera or is that really the colour? Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm guessing the colour is accurate. The bold and cheesy version is bright orange, like, almost fluorescent orange!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
WMPCOT wrote: FreshCo has these at regular price for $1.78.

I tried the jalapeño one so far and I will be buying it again.
I was at FreshCo this morning; the price is $1.99 currently, the same as Walmart.

They have some killer deals on frozen meals though. Stouffer's sandwhiches like Cheese Steak and other assortments are $1.44. Also Pilsbury Pizza Pocket / Hot pockets are also the same $1.44 for 4.

Many were grabbed by yours truly. Great for snacks and lazy days.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3913 posts
3766 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote: I was at FreshCo this morning; the price is $1.99 currently, the same as Walmart.

They have some killer deals on frozen meals though. Stouffer's sandwhiches like Cheese Steak and other assortments are $1.44. Also Pilsbury Pizza Pocket / Hot pockets are also the same $1.44 for 4.

Many were grabbed by yours truly. Great for snacks and lazy days.
I guess each store sets their own price the one in Mississauga I was at was $1.78 I just assumed it was universal pricing.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20410 posts
8798 upvotes
Toronto
The Bold one was really good.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19614 posts
6554 upvotes
Toronto
Freshco, for the week of Thursday August 19-25th Cheetos Mac N Cheese on sale for only $1.69 per box.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2064 posts
2253 upvotes
Toronto
I saw in our local grocery store for $3.99, at that price i just shook my head no and onto the next aisle. Somehow the thought of Cheetos flavoured mac and cheese just isn't appealing, the pictures even moreso. /No wonder the price seems to be dropping like crazy. Sounds like someone's late night dream never lived up to the light of day and it will soon be a collectable for the prepper food storage locker.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19614 posts
6554 upvotes
Toronto
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: I saw in our local grocery store for $3.99, at that price i just shook my head no and onto the next aisle. Somehow the thought of Cheetos flavoured mac and cheese just isn't appealing, the pictures even moreso. /No wonder the price seems to be dropping like crazy. Sounds like someone's late night dream never lived up to the light of day and it will soon be a collectable for the prepper food storage locker.
Loblaws is still asking for $3.99. Why? I don't know. Even Metro brought the price down to $2. I'm not sure about Sobey's though. I have not been to that store in a while.
(Sobey's & FreshCo are the same company, so I can only guess Sobey's lowered their price also?)

I don't recall seeing Cheetos Mac N Cheese @ No Frills though, so I have no idea what they might charge.

Beating FreshCo's $1.69 price would be a good "WOWZA" for Basics. lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2007
1676 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Just ordered off Amazon for 1.97. Good price for us lazy people. Reviews aren't great but it's just something we all have to try.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10862 posts
2696 upvotes
Victoria
I impulse bought these last week when I did groceries. I bought the flaming hot, and one other flavour. They were 2/$4. I'm guessing they'll be in the cupboard for a while before I get brave enough to try one.

One of the casualities of not being able to drive to the US to buy Ameristuff. There's two flavours of cheetos down there I quite like:

1) Flaming XXX hot Cheetos. It's a super megahot version of flaming hot cheetos

2) Flaming Hot Ranch (Cool Ranch) Cheetos I love those ones.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
zod wrote: I impulse bought these last week when I did groceries. I bought the flaming hot, and one other flavour. They were 2/$4. I'm guessing they'll be in the cupboard for a while before I get brave enough to try one.

One of the casualities of not being able to drive to the US to buy Ameristuff. There's two flavours of cheetos down there I quite like:

1) Flaming XXX hot Cheetos. It's a super megahot version of flaming hot cheetos

2) Flaming Hot Ranch (Cool Ranch) Cheetos I love those ones.

Picked up the Poutine and Jalapeno (not pictured). Still unopened and won't be for a while. Impulse buy. I prefer corkscrew pasta anyway.
Images
  • d36792f8-9881-41db-afe8-387e403eeefc.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)