[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Anyone tried paqui chips!?

I call it the racist chips.

They made the one chip challenge a while back using ghost peppers.
36 replies
Jul 24, 2011
262 posts
52 upvotes
TORONTO
If anyone has seen these in the gta area please lmk where and what store. Thanks.
Mar 31, 2008
64 posts
44 upvotes
I've seen them at Loblaws, The East Mall, in the health food section & Organic Garage in Thornhill.
Dec 12, 2010
156 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen them at a liquidation store here in Brantford but didn't try them. I wanted to try the 1 chip challenge they had going on a while back but couldn't find it anywhere unfortunately.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12226 posts
1972 upvotes
Vancouver
I've tried paquis. They seem to be going more mainstream. Actually saw them in a flyer today. There isn't anything special imo. There not bad just seem like a normal chip.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
iliketoeat wrote: Did you see if they had haunted ghost pepper?
Just googled that flavour and I dont recall seeing a black coloured variety. The habernero is probably hot enough for most.l u less you're Aaron rhe spicilist dude on youtube who drinks hot sauce like a beverage lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
trellaine201 wrote: I've tried paquis. They seem to be going more mainstream. Actually saw them in a flyer today. There isn't anything special imo. There not bad just seem like a normal chip.
They're all gimmicks. I know they try to send samples to youtubers who do eating excursions to spread the brand.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8560 upvotes
GTHA
Supercooled wrote: I call it the racist chips.
fyi, paqui is the Aztec word for "happy." Winking Face
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12226 posts
1972 upvotes
Vancouver
Choices out west has them on sale $2.99 assorted varieties. I haven't looked to confirm which flavours but I'm guessing the two main flavours. Nacho and habernero.
Aug 8, 2006
140 posts
21 upvotes
Halifax
My local Sobey's (Halifax) has them: nacho, salsa verde, ranch, habanero and ghost chili.

The chips seem much crunchier than Doritos, I like the nacho and salsa verde best for flavor. The ghost chili has some chipotle in it that gives it more flavor than the habanero.

The ranch I found kinda meh
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13547 posts
2345 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I noticed these chips in the Choices flyer because of this thread! They are tortilla chips!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
Aug 26, 2007
265 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen Paqui's at the Real Canadian Superstore in the health food section but haven't seen the haunted ghost pepper flavour.

I recently went to the states and purchased a few bags of haunted ghost pepper cause I knew my boyfriend would like it as he can handle spicy (unlike me). I haven't tried them but he has and he can only handle about 4-5 pieces. It's not the type of chips you can finish in one sitting.

I couldn't find the one chip challenge in the states and was dying to buy that for him too. I think they are sold out on the website as well.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
45475 posts
8474 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Supercooled wrote: I call it the racist chips.

They made the one chip challenge a while back using ghost peppers.
I was gonna say bro... some of my friends are brown.
Funny one can't handle spicy. He is TRini. Plenty of spice in trini food. But he somehow doesn't eat spicy. :lol:
I found out when I went to his house for dinner... I had the shittiest curry I ever ate. Then I found out they don't spice their curry b/c baby boy doesn't eat spicy.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga
I LOL'd when I first saw the name of the chips. Nevertheless definitely a very spicy chip.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19236 posts
2085 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
UrbanPoet wrote: I was gonna say bro... some of my friends are brown.
Funny one can't handle spicy. He is TRini. Plenty of spice in trini food. But he somehow doesn't eat spicy. :lol:
I found out when I went to his house for dinner... I had the shittiest curry I ever ate. Then I found out they don't spice their curry b/c baby boy doesn't eat spicy.
That's weak. I don't like spices too much but some dishes are not complete without a little spice.

At least tk1000 has cleared it up for us uncultured slobs lol. There is a cereal called holy crap! I wonder what language it is derived from that has a more cheerful meaning?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19194 posts
27643 upvotes
ONTARIO
Supercooled wrote:
They're all gimmicks. I know they try to send samples to youtubers who do eating excursions to spread the brand.
All gimmicks? Their carolina reaper one chip challenge, sure, and maybe even the ghost pepper kind (don't know, haven't tried), but their other flavours are just standard chip flavours. What's the gimmick?

I've tried the "very verde good" kind (green bag). They are probably my favourite ones from the brand. They kind of remind me of cool ranch doritos.
Also tried their habanero ones. They were not bad but pretty mild. Good with salsa. The last kind I tried was the nacho cheese flavour.
Again, these ones also reminded me of a doritos flavour. They sorta taste like zesty doritos, but not as zesty if that makes sense. Which for me was good since I am not a real fan of zesty doritos.

I don't know how much they sell for in Loblaws, but the bags I bought were pretty expensive. I wouldn't buy them again unless they were under a buck a bag. Might as well just get the Doritos equivalent.
Oct 29, 2008
215 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Quick update. I found a store in Toronto that finally sells the ghost Pepper flavored chips. I saw them at fresh and wild food market @ spadina/king for $5.99