Shopping Discussion

Anyone tried returning an item to BestBuy/Futureshop past the 14 day mark?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2013 10:42 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes

Anyone tried returning an item to BestBuy/Futureshop past the 14 day mark?

Has anyone here had any luck trying to return a item past the 14 day mark to BestBuy (or Futureshop)?
11 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
BestBuy was lenient in accepting my return past the due date since there was no sign of use. :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7102 posts
6201 upvotes
Ottawa
Joshray wrote: BestBuy was lenient in accepting my return past the due date since there was no sign of use. :)
Bought the PS3 Pulse Elite and have had them for 20 days, barely used. Not digging them too much, would they fall under 30 day or 14 day? :)

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2854 posts
1027 upvotes
Vaughan
Said212 wrote: Bought the PS3 Pulse Elite and have had them for 20 days, barely used. Not digging them too much, would they fall under 30 day or 14 day? :)

Cheers!
30 days
Joshray wrote: BestBuy was lenient in accepting my return past the due date since there was no sign of use. :)
For used items, Bestbuy is usually very strict unless its an exchange. If its brand new, most managers will say yes to it since they can just put it back on the shelf to sell.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2408 posts
555 upvotes
Oh yeah, I do it all the time. Here's a tip: Before you go, do some quick google work to find out who the president and VP Operations are for the store in question. Also find out the mailing address of the Canadian HQ. If anyone gives you a hassle at the store, ask to speak with the manager. If the manager gives you a hassle, ask for the manager's full name and tell him/her you're escalating it. Ask them,"Is (insert name here) still the president of (store X). And still at the (insert street address HQ)?" They'll buckle like cheap suits if they think you'll write the president of the company. If if they don't, write the president anyway. You'll more often than not hear back from a representative from their office, and you'll more often than not get exactly what you wanted and likely more. And writing a letter doesn't take much effort. That's just me. I love wasting people's time with my gripes when I receive bad customer service.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
robster77 wrote: Oh yeah, I do it all the time. Here's a tip: Before you go, do some quick google work to find out who the president and VP Operations are for the store in question. Also find out the mailing address of the Canadian HQ. If anyone gives you a hassle at the store, ask to speak with the manager. If the manager gives you a hassle, ask for the manager's full name and tell him/her you're escalating it. Ask them,"Is (insert name here) still the president of (store X). And still at the (insert street address HQ)?" They'll buckle like cheap suits if they think you'll write the president of the company. If if they don't, write the president anyway. You'll more often than not hear back from a representative from their office, and you'll more often than not get exactly what you wanted and likely more. And writing a letter doesn't take much effort. That's just me. I love wasting people's time with my gripes when I receive bad customer service.
Good idea but it doesn't always work. You need to look intimidating.... probably best done by adults over 30 years old.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
217 upvotes
Surrey
robster77 wrote: Oh yeah, I do it all the time. Here's a tip: Before you go, do some quick google work to find out who the president and VP Operations are for the store in question. Also find out the mailing address of the Canadian HQ. If anyone gives you a hassle at the store, ask to speak with the manager. If the manager gives you a hassle, ask for the manager's full name and tell him/her you're escalating it. Ask them,"Is (insert name here) still the president of (store X). And still at the (insert street address HQ)?" They'll buckle like cheap suits if they think you'll write the president of the company. If if they don't, write the president anyway. You'll more often than not hear back from a representative from their office, and you'll more often than not get exactly what you wanted and likely more. And writing a letter doesn't take much effort. That's just me. I love wasting people's time with my gripes when I receive bad customer service.
So...in other words, you act like a know-it-all jerk to get free rentals of something?

Companies enforcing publicised and established return policies - policies which when compared to other retailers or other countries are quite fair and generous - is not bad customer service. If anything, it's the opposite as it helps reduce price for the customer.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
2408 posts
555 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote: So...in other words, you act like a know-it-all jerk to get free rentals of something?

Companies enforcing publicised and established return policies - policies which when compared to other retailers or other countries are quite fair and generous - is not bad customer service. If anything, it's the opposite as it helps reduce price for the customer.
Pretty much. But I get what I want.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)