Food & Drink

Anyone try the Angus steak sub at Subway?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2005 2:49 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes

Anyone try the Angus steak sub at Subway?

I had one today (have a bunch of free sub coupons I bought :-> ).. it was terrible. COLD steak..eeewww.

Is that normal, or were they supposed to heat it up?
So long. I'm outta here.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
That's why i stick with veggie subs with chipotle sauce.

Apart from being extremely cheap :) , I do not like how a lot of fast food outlets prepare their meats(compared to how i season,clean,cook my meat coupled with the fact as to whether it's real meat in the first place(taco bell's powdered beef for instance)) and I have tried most of the meat subs in the past except the cold cuts one(too much nitrites in one meal) only to be disappointed that I actually paid that much for it after tasting it.

I guess you have to buy it once though to know how it tastes so you know not to buy it again.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2005
1001 posts
Hmm strange I had it another day and it was okay, definitely warm not cold, maybe you were unlucky and they forgot to warm it up first.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
nkn1983 wrote:Hmm strange I had it another day and it was okay, definitely warm not cold, maybe you were unlucky and they forgot to warm it up first.
I think that may have been the case. I got the sub toasted, but that didn't do much of anything to warm up the steak (it was cold to the touch). Finally had to pop it in the microwave at the office because it was just nasty cold.

Think it's worth complaining to Subway about?
So long. I'm outta here.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3427 posts
196 upvotes
They should have nuked the meat before they put it in your sub. Did you see him nuke it?
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
Blunt wrote:They should have nuked the meat before they put it in your sub. Did you see him nuke it?
No, he did not nuke it.
So long. I'm outta here.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
d_jedi wrote:No, he did not nuke it.
You got shafted then
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
NDman wrote:You got shafted then
The question is.. is it worth complaining? Will I get anything out of it?
So long. I'm outta here.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1655 posts
230 upvotes
North West Ontario
They only Microwave the meat if you get a non-toasted sub... I for one avoid the toasted subs, the toasted ones tastes like stale bread to me..

Never hurts to complain. I've received subway coupons in the past for complaining.. They send you some dollar off things similar to [rfdlink=http://forums.redflagdeals.com/autolink ... ?linkid=24]canadian tire[/rfdlink] money..
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3042 posts
1 upvote
Angus is MacGyver's 1st name.

And Michael Bolton loves his Thug Rap.
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
2 upvotes
Yes, complain about a sandwich you ate anyway :-0 . Learn from your mistakes and move on
Dec 28, 2002
970 posts
1 upvote
the subway near me never accepts any stamps from anywhere but their store

so if I got stamp from a subway that is just down the street from this one I cant use it, she says only stamps from her store. but their suppose to accept them cuz the other subway futrher down accepts any stamp i give em
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
BladeX wrote: but their suppose to accept them cuz the other subway futrher down accepts any stamp i give em
no they don't have to. each franchise can decide on their own how to support the stamp program.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2332 posts
362 upvotes
Vancouver
I learned a few months ago that the toasting oven does not heat up meat as much as nuking it, from a partly cold BBQ Rib sub. Tastes like ass! > :( The new angus steak is not bad if you can get over the form/texture of the patty.