Shopping Discussion

Anyone try the Canadian Tire curbside pick up?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 7:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5164 posts
592 upvotes

Anyone try the Canadian Tire curbside pick up?

If you did how long did it take?
152 replies
Nov 7, 2007
737 posts
469 upvotes
Took six days to fulfill. Apparently this store has 500 online order they are working through.
May 11, 2008
794 posts
345 upvotes
Vancouver
I found it pretty smooth, put the order in on April 1st and was notified on April 2nd that it was ready.
Didn't have time to go to the store until the weekend.
There store I was doing the pickup at had a couple of signs for stalls to park at for the curbside pickup.
You call the number on the sign and give them your order number and they come out and ask to see your ID.
Was orderly and pretty quick.
Oct 24, 2016
934 posts
772 upvotes
ON
Placed order at 6:02 am when I could actually get through their website. Received pick up notification same day at 11:28 am.

Of course this is going to be store specific depending upon how many orders are coming to that store.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Apr 29, 2007
307 posts
81 upvotes
Caledon
Went about as smoothly as could be expected. Ordered online via the CT app. Notified within 24 hours that the order was ready. Got to store, parked in designated area, called the store. Took about five minutes of calling to get through (busy signal prior to this). Gave them my order codes, items were brought out within five minutes, and loaded into my car.
Aug 13, 2011
595 posts
137 upvotes
Scarborough southwes…
Ordered on Thursday night. Closed Friday, no email Saturday. Hoping it'll arrive Monday.
Not in a rush so no biggie.
This is for Eglinton/Laird pick up.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1057 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
I used the app to locate my items (As the website was down).
I called the store- provided them with the product number (from the app).
they had my items ready within an hour
drove infront of the store- called the number on the display - they dropped it off in my trunk.
Apr 14, 2020
1 posts
MrMimizu wrote: Ordered on Thursday night. Closed Friday, no email Saturday. Hoping it'll arrive Monday.
Not in a rush so no biggie.
This is for Eglinton/Laird pick up.
I'm in the exact same situation! Lol
Ordered Thursday night from the Laird location. Have you received confirmation yet??
I'm also not in a huge rush but I'm starting to wonder if my order got messed up or lost in the chaos.
Jul 9, 2017
26 posts
11 upvotes
Wanted to give an update on this.

I'm waiting right now at Laird and Eglinton.

I ordered 7 days ago, finally got the email today.

There is no rhyme or reason to the pickup. Cars are parked outside (spaced apart). The "phone when you arrive" number is not working. Instead, staff are coming out and writing down your order/car details.

There does not seem to be much control of this process. One staff member took a few details at once, another took one order and went to pick it up. There is no control of the flow/position of the cars. Some people have been waiting 30 mins+, some waited 5 and got served.

Just saw a shouting match break out which prompted me to write this.

Hopefully this is the only location where it's like this!
Jun 28, 2009
950 posts
524 upvotes
SlyPro wrote:
There is no rhyme or reason to the pickup. Cars are parked outside (spaced apart). The "phone when you arrive" number is not working. Instead, staff are coming out and writing down your order/car details.

There does not seem to be much control of this process. One staff member took a few details at once, another took one order and went to pick it up. There is no control of the flow/position of the cars. Some people have been waiting 30 mins+, some waited 5 and got served.

Similar experience at the Lawrence and Allen Expressway location. for the most part, the cars were lining up properly, however, there were some ******* who "pretended" that they didn't see the line and tried to sneak in. honking and shouting did ensue, and the car backed off and made its way to the back of the line.

I also saw some people park, got out of their car, and walked straight to the attendant who was going to car to car asking for their email and order number. They waited no more than 10 minutes, while i have been waiting for close to 30 minutes. I think i'll try that next time.
Aug 1, 2012
931 posts
197 upvotes
Cambridge
This is exactly not how it went for me..
aznrsx1979 wrote: I found it pretty smooth, put the order in on April 1st and was notified on April 2nd that it was ready.
Didn't have time to go to the store until the weekend.
There store I was doing the pickup at had a couple of signs for stalls to park at for the curbside pickup.
You call the number on the sign and give them your order number and they come out and ask to see your ID.
Was orderly and pretty quick.

My experience was very much like these at a CT in Cambridge..
SlyPro wrote: Wanted to give an update on this.

I'm waiting right now at Laird and Eglinton.

I ordered 7 days ago, finally got the email today.

Just saw a shouting match break out which prompted me to write this.

Hopefully this is the only location where it's like this!
jceezy23 wrote: I also saw some people park, got out of their car, and walked straight to the attendant who was going to car to car asking for their email and order number. They waited no more than 10 minutes, while i have been waiting for close to 30 minutes. I think i'll try that next time.
Jan 29, 2017
67 posts
44 upvotes
Queensway location was excellent yesterday. Went very smoothly. Ordered early morning, picked up at 2:30 after I left work. Pulled up, was asked my order numbers, directed to a parking spot and my order was in my car within five minutes.
Apr 16, 2020
4 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone enjoyed Canadian Tire's delivery service? I ordered something the other day with a stated ship date of the 16th (yesterday), bulk item which quite clearly stated when it is ready to ship someone would call about a delivery appointment. Yesterday came and went, this morning I received an email that 'great news your item has shipped' the next sentence then stated if your item needs a delivery appointment, someone would call within 2 business days to set that up. So has it shipped or not? Coming from the Woodbridge store to Toronto. Been auto dialing the store direct since 8 am to ask if it has indeed been shipped and when can I expect it. Paid a small fortune for the delivery fee in fact.Question: has anyone ordered online, had it say it has been shipped if so how long till it arrived?

edit update: just delivered ! Hooray! So in this case next day after the advertised ship date, but without question the communications are atrocious and that has nothing at all to do with the virus situation. Delivery was some local operation (not Canadian Tire or a courier co.), so for 100 dollars for a miserable 60 lbs item, next day delivery is fine...
Apr 9, 2019
36 posts
27 upvotes
I finally received my "pickup is ready" email after 9 days. Placed order in on the morning of April 8th. Received email today at 1pm. This was Canadian Tire Brantford. I did not order anything urgent expecting a delay to happen but this was longer than I expected.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1067 posts
462 upvotes
TORONTO
So is it faster if I call and order and pick it up vs. ordering online and then doing pickup?
In need of an oil filter.
Jan 16, 2017
200 posts
207 upvotes
Burlington
Phone order took 2 days to fulfill. Had to wait about 45 mins at pickup before my stuff was brought out. Ordered 5 items, only got charged for 4 as the 5th item was disinfecting wipes that were OOS by the time they got around to my order (their website showed stock of 15 for my store when I placed the phone order).
Apr 16, 2020
5 posts
5 upvotes
couldn't believe how long I waited at stockyards. 2 people ahead of me but lots served before me, they were bringing out one order at a time, even if it was just one little bag. despite having a 4 digit code for each order they still ask for your full 13 digit number when you call. I'm sure they're trying their best but very silly experience.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2375 posts
332 upvotes
North York
No problems at the Mississauga Meadowvale location, they had someone outside getting your info and relaying it into the pickers inside.

Might have been a 10m wait with 5-6 cars there ahead of me. I'd certainly do it again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)