Shopping Discussion

Anyone try the Canadian Tire curbside pick up?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 7:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
9725 posts
11468 upvotes
Vancouver
Volvotech wrote: Ordered April 20th. never got a confirmation email or anything.
Two weeks, that's bad.
I ordered an item to pick up at a store that showed they had stock, took 5 days to get the Order Ready email. Picked up item.
I ordered a different item to pick up at a different store that showed they had stock, got reply 7 days later that my order was cancelled due to lack of stock.
Won't be using this service again. Will go to the store in person and take my chances.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4384 posts
398 upvotes
I've ordered twice.
No issues, I live across the street from one, so I can see when it's busy (to avoid) but also go during the day when it's not busy.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3449 posts
664 upvotes
GTA
I just placed an order this morning at 10:00am and got the pick up confirmation email at 12:30pm! I was shocked I got it so quickly. I'll pick my stuff up tomorrow.
Nov 21, 2009
102 posts
43 upvotes
I've been trying for 2 days to order something and no matter what idea I choose it does not work. It will not let me add items to my cart the add to cart option either disappears when you choose one of the options for the item, or says can only buy in store.

I've tried every single browser, my phones browser and the app all the same thing. The app keeps saying there dealing with an issue when clicking the cart button.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15235 posts
12402 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
frostyisgod wrote: I've been trying for 2 days to order something and no matter what idea I choose it does not work. It will not let me add items to my cart the add to cart option either disappears when you choose one of the options for the item, or says can only buy in store.

I've tried every single browser, my phones browser and the app all the same thing. The app keeps saying there dealing with an issue when clicking the cart button.
The Cdn Tire website has ALWAYS been riddled with problems, even at the best of times ... forget now & Covid 19.

My guess is you are actually running into this issue (blurb copied from the CT website homepage)
Due to significant increases in demand, your preferred store is not accepting new online orders at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our staff are working hard to catch up as quickly as possible. Please try again soon or check other locations for availability.
Seems to be a rampant Canada wide problem, as I tried a large assortment of Postal Codes / Stores ... and the situation was always the same.

CURBSIDE PICK UP = NOT AVAILABLE

Can only imagine what a zoo Cdn Tire will be on Saturday when they can re open !!!
Nov 21, 2009
102 posts
43 upvotes
Ya I did read that but didn't think it be this bad and across multiple stores that I tried. Thanks for replaying back and confirming though.

They definitely need to fix it especially with how things are going now.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2190 posts
1216 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Both of my local stores are closed to new online orders, though I have found other stores sort of nearby that are still taking them. No movement on my pickup order made on the 5th in the early morning hours though.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Mar 8, 2012
135 posts
77 upvotes
Maple
E4FE84D6-A60C-49AD-AE90-BBBA576AE04A.jpeg
1C9AE4A2-30A8-4333-B4C3-58AB556B7D4C.jpeg
5CB2C1BD-2F8A-4F27-8439-B91F20DF30BE.jpeg

Order placed: Wednesday April 29 2020
Confirmation email: Wednesday April 29 2020
Pickup email: Wednesday May 6 2020

I got there today at 8:30am and there were 10 cars ahead of me. Wait time for whole process took 30mins and was pretty organized. They scan the barcode on your pickup email and then a few minutes later they bring out your items.
Oct 12, 2014
624 posts
90 upvotes
North York, ON
Placed an order for 1 bag of grass seed. Never received an e-mail to state the order was ready for pick-up. Received a cancellation e-mail 20 days later.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3242 posts
587 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Can only imagine what a zoo Cdn Tire will be on Saturday when they can re open !!!
They're confirmed to open?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3449 posts
664 upvotes
GTA
The_Professor wrote: I just placed an order this morning at 10:00am and got the pick up confirmation email at 12:30pm! I was shocked I got it so quickly. I'll pick my stuff up tomorrow.
Just a follow up, I picked up my order today at lunchtime. Went pretty well, pulled up, called the number about four times until someone answered, provided my info, and within about five minutes my goods were put into my trunk for me. All of the staff were friendly/courteous which was a plus.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12042 posts
2193 upvotes
Mississauga
goob3r wrote: They're confirmed to open?
CT would qualify as a hardware supply store.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3242 posts
587 upvotes
Still waiting on an order placed last weekend. Price for the item has now reverted back to original price but there's items in stock. What's the likelihood I can just pick it up off the shelf and they just complete my curbside pickup?

It's ridiculous I have to still wait for it.
Jul 8, 2009
661 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
I used curbside pickup a couple of weeks ago and got my items. Oddly, the order status remained in "READY FOR PICKUP" afterwards. I checked it today out of curiosity and it says "CANCELLATION IN PROGRESS". So it looks like the pickup didn't get processed correctly and I might get my money back(?)
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15235 posts
12402 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
goob3r wrote:
They're confirmed to open?
Talamasca wrote:
CT would qualify as a hardware supply store.
Soichiro wrote: Not posted on their website but The Globe and Mail wrote, "The Ontario Canadian Tire stores will reopen this weekend, and other banners with street-facing storefronts will be opening for curb-side pickup."

Canadian Tire sees permanent shift in online shopping habits in wake of COVID-19 pandemic
The Ontario reopen categories are as follows

Today, Friday = Garden Centres & Nurseries
Tomorrow, Saturday = Hardware Stores ... includes the likes of Cdn Tire, and Big Box DIYs like Home Depot, Lowe’s, Rona, etc
Monday = Retail with Streetfront Entrances ... for Curbside Pick Up ONLY

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/06/ ... on-may-11/

Social / Physical Distancing Protocols MUST BE MAINTAINED

Premier Ford has WARNED ... any sign that we are slipping backwards ... by the public not following guidelines, and he’s not beyond pulling back on allowances / delaying further reopening etc

EDIT / ADD - Good on him
I shudder everytime I see pics coming out of the USA
Seems people learned nothing during their “brief” shutdown
3 weeks from now, their numbers are gonna climb drastically
And 4 to 6 weeks from now their death rate is gonna Skyrocket
It’s sad
Lots of people haven’t gotten the message at all
And their shutdown sacrifice was prob all for nought
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
557 upvotes
M1C
goob3r wrote: They're confirmed to open?
The company confirmed to blogTO by email today that all Canadian Tire stores in Ontario will be open to customers as of Saturday, May 9.
No more need to order online or wait outside a store for curbside pickup (though the services are still available for those who would prefer to use them). You'll actually be able to go inside Canadian Tire (and all hardware stores) to browse around as you might have before the pandemic hit... with some modified rules.

"Canadian Tire Corporation continues to implement measures that support the safety and well-being of employees and customers," said the company's external communications manager Cathy Kurzbock, noting that in-store shoppers can expect the following when locations reopen on Saturday:
  • Reduced occupancy levels in store
  • Physical distancing measures
  • Partitions at checkout
  • Personal protective equipment for all employees
  • Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing
  • Contactless payment options
  • Reduced hours with a maximum timeframe of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to allow more time for enhanced cleaning and restocking
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2601 posts
1226 upvotes
Surrey
Mercury048 wrote: I used curbside pickup a couple of weeks ago and got my items. Oddly, the order status remained in "READY FOR PICKUP" afterwards. I checked it today out of curiosity and it says "CANCELLATION IN PROGRESS". So it looks like the pickup didn't get processed correctly and I might get my money back(?)
My pickup order says if not picked up withing 5 days, order will be cancelled.

I won't be using the curbside took me 3 days to get 2 orders. Still missing items.
First day oh we can't process the items.
Second day gave some items others they can't find
Third day, couldn't process the order need to cancel and re order. Messed up order.
No more, will just buy elsewhere
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1014 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
For Ontario, are the Canadian Tire stores again accepting and processing in-store returns? Or are the stores only open to make new purchases?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2062 posts
391 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
It's ridiculous that they seemed to have stopped the curbside pick up now that they are allowed to open.

They need to have a dedicated team to continue their curb side pick up. Really goes to show these companies complete disregard for the population.