Automotive

Anyone Use Unhaggle Premium Before? Review?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2018 10:41 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2009
692 posts
21 upvotes

Anyone Use Unhaggle Premium Before? Review?

Hey guys, I'm starting to look into leasing a new vehicle. I've used CarCost/Unhaggle in the past and did all the negotiations myself and absolutely hated it. I see Unhaggle Premium being a worthwhile shot being around $100. Has anyone used it before and how was it? Looking for some feedback before I take the plunge.
38 replies
Apr 25, 2017
866 posts
760 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Never used it before, but I have the promo code VENNGO that can waive you $99 premium service fee. The promo code comes from my company Perks.
Hope this helps.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2009
692 posts
21 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote: Never used it before, but I have the promo code VENNGO that can waive you $99 premium service fee. The promo code comes from my company Perks.
Hope this helps.
Beautiful! Thanks so much!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2676 posts
2156 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote: Never used it before, but I have the promo code VENNGO that can waive you $99 premium service fee. The promo code comes from my company Perks.
Hope this helps.
Bless this individual for all days.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Oct 29, 2006
917 posts
632 upvotes
One thing to keep in mind, the offer you get from unhaggle or any auto broker is the offer you get from that particular dealer. Meaning, you can't then go to that dealer and negotiate separately if you don't like what you get. It works the other way, too. If you already have an offer in writing, unhaggle can't help.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2009
692 posts
21 upvotes
I don't have any offer yet, What I really want to do is just go in and sign the paperwork after all the work is done for me lol. I'm just not the person that can sit and bargain.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7737 posts
1626 upvotes
APA may be another option too. Personally, I like APA better.

http://www.apa.ca/default.asp

Related thread:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/apa-vs- ... s-2038012/
pulpman07 wrote: I don't have any offer yet, What I really want to do is just go in and sign the paperwork after all the work is done for me lol. I'm just not the person that can sit and bargain.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3492 posts
1435 upvotes
A purchase should be straightforward for EasyCarDiscount - ECD . Not sure why their website isn't displaying quite right though.

Free to you (they setup the deal for you) .
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6836 posts
4151 upvotes
hdom wrote: APA may be another option too. Personally, I like APA better.

http://www.apa.ca/default.asp

Related thread:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/apa-vs- ... s-2038012/

I joined https://www.carhelpcanada.com/ got the dealer invoice price for my RAV 4 hybrid (+ the options and the extended warranty pkg) and got their recommended dealer "no haggle deal" price.
I worked down from that price and used it as the basis for an email blast to every Toyota dealer within 50 miles with a lowball offer of what I was willing to pay. (I created a Hotmail account [email protected])
I ended up getting the vehicle for dealer cost + $100 and $500 off the extended warranty price.

Well worth the price I paid to join Car Help Canada + there's a 10% discount on Krown rustproofing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6376 posts
1211 upvotes
Canada
I used only the unhaggle website to get the invoice pricing.
the dealer called me right away but they pressure you to buy
the price and deal was not bad.
they start with the "let me check the best price" and he quoted me the msrp price / finance
then went down to the unhaggle price after i said too much
i left and emailed around to see if other dealers can do better
but no one would or could do better
i went back and knocked off another $400

but then i read car manufacturers know of the invoice websites and now inflate the invoice pricing.
apparently dealers get some hidden rebates/kickbacks that are secrets
you can go lower than the invoice pricing apparently.. but it's tough and depends on what car you are buying.

anyway, i'm ok that at least i got lower than the unhaggle invoice price
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4218 posts
3148 upvotes
Markham
plymouthhater wrote: I joined https://www.carhelpcanada.com/ got the dealer invoice price for my RAV 4 hybrid (+ the options and the extended warranty pkg) and got their recommended dealer "no haggle deal" price.
I worked down from that price and used it as the basis for an email blast to every Toyota dealer within 50 miles with a lowball offer of what I was willing to pay. (I created a Hotmail account [email protected])
I ended up getting the vehicle for dealer cost + $100 and $500 off the extended warranty price.

Well worth the price I paid to join Car Help Canada + there's a 10% discount on Krown rustproofing.
You were doing really impressive until you got to "rustproofing" lol.
Oct 14, 2007
213 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
mangoman wrote: A purchase should be straightforward for EasyCarDiscount - ECD . Not sure why their website isn't displaying quite right though.

Free to you (they setup the deal for you) .
3 weeks since this post. I just checked their website and it still isn't working. Are they still around?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2177 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
canadiankorean wrote: I used only the unhaggle website to get the invoice pricing.
the dealer called me right away but they pressure you to buy
the price and deal was not bad.
they start with the "let me check the best price" and he quoted me the msrp price / finance
then went down to the unhaggle price after i said too much
i left and emailed around to see if other dealers can do better
but no one would or could do better
i went back and knocked off another $400

but then i read car manufacturers know of the invoice websites and now inflate the invoice pricing.
apparently dealers get some hidden rebates/kickbacks that are secrets
you can go lower than the invoice pricing apparently.. but it's tough and depends on what car you are buying.

anyway, i'm ok that at least i got lower than the unhaggle invoice price
As someone who answers these premium leads & has a fairly good idea of the cash flow scenario I can tell you with confidence that inflated MSRP and hidden secrets of invoice or what not is not true at all. Some manufacturers do indeed get kick backs for performance, but I wouldn't go so far as to say this relates directly to the "invoice" price of the vehicle as it's completely dependent on the current incentive program, dealer performance, customer satisfaction, etc. It's important to remember that every manufacturer runs their operation much different than the next guy.... Japanese vs American vs Scandinavian vs German etc. You will run into "hold back" at certain manufacturers as well.

Also, the Unhaggle Premium is a little confusing - if you are using it then I would suggest you make detailed comments about what you're looking for in terms of vehicle, package, color, timeline, method of payment, term length, cash down, security deposits or not, etc, etc.

I can tell you that the prices offered are fairly aggressive through the service.
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
using premium service does not mean commitment to buy correct? whos really stoping you from taking the quote then trying to get other dealers to match it?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3492 posts
1435 upvotes
Aside from the frames showing php errors, site still worked for me if you submit a vehicle request (they'll contact you). From what I've seen the prices they get are much better than the unhaggle "invoice" pricing.
And with it being end of the month, they should be able to do really well on pricing.

They really should fix that website error though because it gives the impression that it's not up and running/ unprofessional :S

shepkraft wrote: 3 weeks since this post. I just checked their website and it still isn't working. Are they still around?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3098 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
philharmonic wrote: One thing to keep in mind, the offer you get from unhaggle or any auto broker is the offer you get from that particular dealer. Meaning, you can't then go to that dealer and negotiate separately if you don't like what you get. It works the other way, too. If you already have an offer in writing, unhaggle can't help.
I may have experienced an exception to the rule but I was contacted after going to unhaggle (and using their FREE, not premium, service) by a dealership. He was honest that he was going to quote me 3% above invoice (and I already knew invoice pricing from my membership with carcostcanada). We ended up negotiating pretty easily from there as I got 2 other dealerships involved but went to him last since he appeared the most aggressive.

Got my vehicle for $543 under invoice plus their $1,000 rebate for taking 0% financing over 7 years, and they are giving me the first 4 oil changes for free.
RFD OG 20+ years
May 22, 2013
233 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
this referral code VENNGO only works if you really do purchase the car through unhaggle...
Jun 15, 2017
47 posts
2 upvotes
so you end up paying invoice (form carcostcanada) + 3%? that seems not bad.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)