Anyone use whirlpool oven with wifi ?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 11:02 am
[OP]
Mar 7, 2008
496 posts
128 upvotes

Anyone use whirlpool oven with wifi ?

My oven can connect to wifi router. BUT it will drop the connection after couple hours (So when I wake up in the morning, it always disconnected).
Try to talk with whirlpool custom service, but the waiting time is so long. Also I do not think they can resolve the problem via phone.
[external advertising link removed]
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2749 posts
911 upvotes
Windsor
Does this wifi function have any purpose? If not, don't bother connecting it.

If it is of use to you for some reason, ensure it is getting a good signal, and ensure your router isn't garbage. Try disabling your 5ghz wifi channel (if you have it), or 2.4ghz, to see if that helps. If it does help, probably means your router is not doing a great job; consider replacing it, or at least updating the firmware.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2008
496 posts
128 upvotes
ChubChub wrote: Does this wifi function have any purpose? If not, don't bother connecting it.

If it is of use to you for some reason, ensure it is getting a good signal, and ensure your router isn't garbage. Try disabling your 5ghz wifi channel (if you have it), or 2.4ghz, to see if that helps. If it does help, probably means your router is not doing a great job; consider replacing it, or at least updating the firmware.
My router is a good router with dd-wrt. I am living in a 2 beds room condo, The signal is very strong.
The router has both 5G and 2.4G. The whirlpool oven clear said: it support 2.4G only. But I cannot disable 5G since other device need it.

For now, I did not see much reason to use wifi. I do not think I will use phone to control the oven when I am not home.
[external advertising link removed]
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20031 posts
5419 upvotes
Good Morning
There was a fiasco on a smart oven (forget which brand) where the oven would turn on myself when connected to wifi during the night. I really don't see a point in connecting it to wifi unless.....I just don't. Oven should not be on when no one is home. Just me though.