Automotive

Anyone used Sell My Car Toronto OR We Buy Ur Ride OR Your Car 4 Cash to sell their used cars?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2021 3:41 am
[OP]
Oct 4, 2010
72 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

Anyone used Sell My Car Toronto OR We Buy Ur Ride OR Your Car 4 Cash to sell their used cars?

Searching for ways to sell my used vehicle but not privately (prefer minimum hassle). These 3 places came up in google search, just wondering if anyone have experience with them? thank you.
8 replies
May 7, 2015
431 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I’ll follow the thread but I think the general sentiment is they’re all a waste of time.

They may offer you a good price over sight unseen but when you go to them. That’s when they make up a bunch of reasons why they can’t hornor the offer and or try and sell you on their car
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2262 posts
750 upvotes
Central Ontario
Not that I'm defending what appears to look like shady operations, but how do you think they make their money? Buy low and sell high. Sight unseen offers are completely worthless. Almost all people are quite overconfident in their evaluation of something they own- "it's only a little bit of rust" or "it's a small dent/scratch. Nobody will notice".
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16998 posts
15607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
A few RFD’rs have used carity and had good experience.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7034 posts
3262 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Suggest get quote(s) from scrap yard... might get more vs getting tax credit.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Dec 27, 2014
105 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You could try the "Instant Cash Offer" from Auto Trader. It seems people are getting pretty good results from that!
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16998 posts
15607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
WaterBoy49 wrote: You could try the "Instant Cash Offer" from Auto Trader. It seems people are getting pretty good results from that!
It was pretty shitty when I used it for my 911. A solid $70k under market LOLOLOL
May 31, 2008
238 posts
397 upvotes
When I was getting rid of an old car last year, private sale definitely offered the most, followed by trading in at a dealership, and then these guys. If you are buying another car and don't want to sell privately, see what the dealer or used car place will offer. Some used car dealers will even buy your car if you don't buy one from them. You haven't said the make, model, and condition of what you have, but many used cars are in demand and selling for a lot more than they normally would at the moment.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22114 posts
8484 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I am interested in this thread just to learn about other options, no interest in selling my car.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people