• Jul 8th, 2021 12:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 12, 2009
360 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto

Anyone used services of "WEEDMAN"

Need someone to spray weeds in my garden, neighbors had used their services and were quite satisfied. I just want to make sure they are reliable.
7 replies
May 1, 2007
381 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I worked there during the summers in the late 90s. I can say the branch I worked at was well run and did a great job for their customers.
Nov 30, 2005
431 posts
283 upvotes
North York
serbianbelle wrote: Need someone to spray weeds in my garden, neighbors had used their services and were quite satisfied. I just want to make sure they are reliable.
I use them.. first year amazing..second year was so bad I called at the end of year to cancel for next season.. they convinced me to stay on.. and 3rd year so far had been good.. the reason it was crappy for 2nd year was the fact I had to keep contacting them to get them to come to spray... using thr online request form was useless..
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3452 posts
1868 upvotes
Woodbridge
There are plenty of stories floating around where contracts are being renewed automatically even when services are not provided and or terminated. That scares me and I prefer to pay as you go even if it cost more.
Snow removals, weed removers ( lawn care ) generally prefer to sign a contract which I avoid at all cost. But that’s me.
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2392 posts
1322 upvotes
Ontario
My folks used to use them for a while. As said they will try and auto renew the contract at will. They did a lousy job too, was always crabgrass and weeds all over. When my folks finally cancelled it, Weedman tried for 3 (THREE) years afterwards to continue doing work on the lawn. They would just show up and start and then try billing my folks. My mom called me and I told them to piss off and to never come on the property again. I had to do this 2x before they finally got the hint with me standing there with a baseball bat... ;)
Scum.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6381 posts
2007 upvotes
0 downvotes
my next door neighbour used them now his front lawn is all full of "crab" grass instead of weeds
Hello and Welcome to Red Flag Deals!
This is my signature line, nothing special to see here now go away, lol!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
20833 posts
19086 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Over the decades we have used various lawn services (nationals & locals) in various Cdn cities …
Including Weedman

They pretty much are all the same

My finding are …
Lawn services are a great way to bring back a lawn to better condition
Be it cuz of weeds, bugs, or just poor grass

Year one works to get things fixed
Including … aeration, dethatching, fertilizer routine, and weed / bug control
Year two to maintain
By year three your lawn will be gorgeous

That’s about when we take the lawn off commercial services
And go back to DIY

DIY is cheaper

We’ve found that our lawns have been HOOKED ON DRUGS enough from the commercial services
That we can then go anywhere from 3 to 5 years DIYing
Until we prob need to go back to a lawn service for another few years

Rinse & Repeat
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1374 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan
Curious what do they spray the weeds with? 24d?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)