Site Comments & Suggestions

Anywhere with Black Friday deals, not just store threads?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2019 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1435 posts
489 upvotes
Abbotsford

Anywhere with Black Friday deals, not just store threads?

Is there anywhere that people are listing specific items sales, similar to the hot deals thread, for BF? The BF thread appears to just be store flyer posts - was hoping there was discussion on specific deals rather than parsing through each store's postings
3 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14157 posts
26586 upvotes
Scarborough
oakjefferson wrote: Is there anywhere that people are listing specific items sales, similar to the hot deals thread, for BF? The BF thread appears to just be store flyer posts - was hoping there was discussion on specific deals rather than parsing through each store's postings
There are the flyer based threads and members will often break out the best deals into their own individual threads. There isn't a specific thread for every single deal within a stores flyer though.

Our Black Friday page breaks down some deals by category. https://blackfriday.redflagdeals.com/
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5134 posts
1936 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: There are the flyer based threads and members will often break out the best deals into their own individual threads. There isn't a specific thread for every single deal within a stores flyer though.

Our Black Friday page breaks down some deals by category. https://blackfriday.redflagdeals.com/
I kind of agree with @oakjefferson, it wouldn't fly if someone posted the weekly Best Buy flyer in Hot Deals, you expect the OP to give some commentary on what he/she believes the hot deals to be, at the very least. Some of the BF threads do this (like the Staples one), but some are literally "here's a flyer". I think that with time, BF deals have become much less of a sure hit, so we can't just assume that a flyer by itself provides a lot of value.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14157 posts
26586 upvotes
Scarborough
Manatus wrote: I kind of agree with @oakjefferson, it wouldn't fly if someone posted the weekly Best Buy flyer in Hot Deals, you expect the OP to give some commentary on what he/she believes the hot deals to be, at the very least. Some of the BF threads do this (like the Staples one), but some are literally "here's a flyer". I think that with time, BF deals have become much less of a sure hit, so we can't just assume that a flyer by itself provides a lot of value.
Posting a regular flyer without any additional details would be a big RFD faux pas under normal circumstances. During Black Friday and Boxing Day shopping periods, it's just the been the norm. What we (the RFD editorial staff) typically do is replace the OP in these threads with our front page curated content. Just today I've gone ahead and updated the OP's of many of these threads including Staples, Microsoft Store, Home Depot, Canadian Tire and a few others.

Black Friday/Boxing Day flyer releases are still a big draw (even though truly outstanding flyer deals are few and far between) and we don't want to discourage people from sharing the fact that a flyer has been released. We usually have content prepped for each flyer in advance of their public release and we'll try to do a better job at replacing the empty OP's with our own content.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].