Cell Phones

anywhere to buy google pixel phones in store? or a cheaper way?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 10:45 am
[OP]
Sep 29, 2008
329 posts
130 upvotes

anywhere to buy google pixel phones in store? or a cheaper way?

the pixel 3a is $399 on the google store right now, i ordered one but delivery isnt until mid january. is there any physical stores i can buy one for this price and pick up right away? i'm not sure my current phone will last until then.

im on public mobile right now paying $23 per month, so i dont think it's worth getting a plan, but maybe there's a deal right now that makes it worth it. i dont need much data at all, just unlimited calls and texts. is there an offer right now that works out cheaper? the best i can see myself is koodo with the $45 plan and the phone being $10 a month for 24 months. so that's quite a bit more than just buying the phone for $399.
thank you
6 replies
Oct 17, 2010
637 posts
298 upvotes
Terrace
I would just hope your phone last till then. If I were you and happy with the $23 mtm plan I would never get into a contact for no absolute reason..
[OP]
Sep 29, 2008
329 posts
130 upvotes
Tobsterboi wrote: I would just hope your phone last till then. If I were you and happy with the $23 mtm plan I would never get into a contact for no absolute reason..
i agree, but sometimes with the discounts etc it can work out a better deal to take a plan with a "free" phone.
Mar 31, 2018
120 posts
73 upvotes
Ordered the 3a (non XL ) on Dec.26th for wife. Delivery shows Dec.31 to Jan.2. 5 to 7 days, so quite fast.
I did pay 12.99 shipping.
This is for the Clearly White model.
[OP]
Sep 29, 2008
329 posts
130 upvotes
orveas wrote: Ordered the 3a (non XL ) on Dec.26th for wife. Delivery shows Dec.31 to Jan.2. 5 to 7 days, so quite fast.
I did pay 12.99 shipping.
This is for the Clearly White model.
mine is showing 21 January.
Mar 31, 2018
120 posts
73 upvotes
They tried to deliver it yesterday to a friends house as we are in Mexico for a few months.
He is picking it up today. That is only 4 days from ordering. We can't ask for much faster.
[OP]
Sep 29, 2008
329 posts
130 upvotes
i got a pixel 4 yesterday.
it actually worked out basically the same for me to get a pixel 4 as it would to keep my old plan and pay out for a pixel 3a.