Expired Hot Deals

[Aosom] 55lbs adjustable dumbbells (not bowflex style) $207 + tax (pair)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2021 12:47 pm
[OP]
Mar 25, 2017
163 posts
239 upvotes
GTA

55lbs adjustable dumbbells (not bowflex style) $207 + tax (pair)

Deal Link:
Price:
$207
Retailer:
Aosom
If you’re looking for dumbbells which you can change the weight then these seem to be a good option. These arent the blowflex style so it’s a bit less convenient but they’re probably more durable because of that. I don’t remember how I came across this company but I had signed up to be informed when this was back in stock. It seems like they’re located in toronto(Scarborough) so maybe those that are local can pick it up? The cost is $230 + 10% discount if you use the code LOVE10 which is a good deal in the current environment (~$2 a pound). I ended up buying the CAP set from Costco a couple weeks ago but if I didnt I would have got these. Shipping seems pretty quick as well ~1 week from what I can tell.
Price is for a pair of dumbbells so total 110lbs
25 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10050 posts
69535 upvotes
Ontario
Ive seen some cold deal from this website posting on rfd.

Maybe a paid ad?

Edit: it was from amazon kids bmw deal. 2 for $380.

With horrible return policy. Quality seems like aliexpress products. 20% restocking feee for all returns and you need to ship it back to them.

110lb costs $70+ with CP
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2883 posts
2215 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Thanks, I've looked at dumbbell sets a few times and never found anything I wanted to buy, but this seems to be a really good deal on a pretty decent set. Ordered.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2017
163 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
I think I found out about this company through Facebook ads or this brand of dumbbells is being sold at other retailers (through 3rd party). I don’t really remember. If I was ordering though I would pay with PayPal and if I didn’t receive it in 2 weeks call for a refund. Besides that, this seems to be about the best value you can get that is in stock
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1036 posts
1661 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
For whoever buys this, be aware that the pictures of the dumbbells shows the collars on backwards - the rubber gasket should face the weight plate to provide a bit of shock absorption and to securely lock the collar. Having it on backwards like this will make it very easy for the collar to come loose. I can't believe it, but all the pictures show the collars put on the wrong way. Yikes.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3561 posts
5006 upvotes
BC
The handles are $25 at Walmart so you're essentially paying $2/lb for vinyl weights. That's a really bad deal, go to Walmart/Canadian tire/fitness Depot and get standard cast iron plates, they'll retain value much better.
Jul 1, 2020
129 posts
253 upvotes
Also found the soozier dumbbells available at loblaws/RCSS for 209.99, free shipping and you get an estimated 32400 Optimum points:
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/m ... 93-B1-0127
https://www.loblaws.ca/mp/soozier-110lb ... 93-B1-0127

I could use some opinions; I'm on the fence between these soozier dumbbells or a pair of 10-90lb bowflex style adjustable dumbbells. I could get the soozier 110lb dumbbell set plus this 66lb set of four plates for a total of 176lbs (88lbs per dumbbell) for a combined 420$ + tax and get 64800 optimum points which would be half the price of a pair of a pair of 10-90lb bowflex style adjustable dumbbells which go for about 799$ +tax. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about being as delicate with the soozier dumbbells when dropping them and such

Can anyone who has the soozier dumbbells comment on their experience using them? I understand the plates are very large like shown in the image.
Images
  • RCSS soozier.png
  • soozier diam.png
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3561 posts
5006 upvotes
BC
oxytocin wrote: Plus I wouldn't have to worry about being as delicate with the soozier dumbbells when dropping them and such
If you can get your hands on the Bowflex I'd go with them over the plastic dumbbell set. You could also look at the knockoff novalook dumbbells, I think they carry the 90lb variant.

If the soozier are sand filled then you have be more careful as they crack easily and will leak. Can they even fit that much weight on each handle? Plastic weights are pretty thick.

Since you seem to be pressing heavy I wouldn't recommend that type of adjustable handle as the ends will dig into your thighs when getting into pressing position. It's pretty annoying/painful

You could check out Pepin dumbbells handles and try to find weight plates for ~$1.50/lb. I have them myself and they're great. Got the handles for $280 shipped then bought 200lbs of weight plates at Walmart for $1/lb so roughly $500 for adjustable Dumbbells that to up to 100lb each.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1940 posts
1811 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Ive seen some cold deal from this website posting on rfd.

Maybe a paid ad?

Edit: it was from amazon kids bmw deal. 2 for $380.

With horrible return policy. Quality seems like aliexpress products. 20% restocking feee for all returns and you need to ship it back to them.

110lb costs $70+ with CP
ive bought a few things from them in the past. the quality is solid. a couple exercise equipment. quit spreading false information.
May 22, 2012
712 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: You could check out Pepin dumbbells handles and try to find weight plates for ~$1.50/lb. I have them myself and they're great. Got the handles for $280 shipped then bought 200lbs of weight plates at Walmart for $1/lb so roughly $500 for adjustable Dumbbells that to up to 100lb each.
Where would you find weights for $1.50/lb? They all seem over $2/lb or not in stock
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2603 posts
3788 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: The handles are $25 at Walmart so you're essentially paying $2/lb for vinyl weights. That's a really bad deal, go to Walmart/Canadian tire/fitness Depot and get standard cast iron plates, they'll retain value much better.
The aosom handles are 17.7" long. The Walmart handles are 14".

Agreed with everything else though.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3561 posts
5006 upvotes
BC
platinumtiger19 wrote: Where would you find weights for $1.50/lb? They all seem over $2/lb or not in stock
Yeah sourcing reasonably priced plates is the toughest part, I got all my 10lb plates from Walmart (instore and online) which they seem to restock regularly. The gozone brand ones were $1/lb for the longest time then in the last month or so they raised it to $1.40/lb.

Canadian tire has some CAP plates for $1.60/lb and are a little nicer than the Walmart gozone ones. They also seem to restock regularly
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3347 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
Amazon reviews for these are pretty bad, i'd probably avoid them for now.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10050 posts
69535 upvotes
Ontario
karnige wrote: ive bought a few things from them in the past. the quality is solid. a couple exercise equipment. quit spreading false information.
There are awesome qualities on aliexpress and ebay as well but that doesn't mean all of their qualities are solid.

and no. I am not spreading false information. You can check out the reviews about this company.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1940 posts
1811 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: There are awesome qualities on aliexpress and ebay as well but that doesn't mean all of their qualities are solid.

and no. I am not spreading false information. You can check out the reviews about this company.
give me a break. most places reviews are low because ppl only post the negative experiences. look at trustpilot. walmart canada 1.2. costco 1.4. best buy 1.2
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2603 posts
3788 upvotes
Check stocktrack.ca for Gozone weight plates locally. Walmart has been restocking them.

I went in and there was none on the shelves, but I mentioned that the website said it was in stock (didn't reference stocktrack) but the Walmart website, and they checked the back. And yup, they had them, but weren't putting them on the shelves.

Stocktrack Gozone - 10lb ($13.98)
Stocktrack Gozone - 5lb ($6.98)

Gozone.jpg

Yes, I absolutely cleaned out that particular location. No, I'm not scalping any of them. They're for my gains baby! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I do need to get longer handles though, since I've only got 14" ones and they can't hold more than 60lbs...
Oct 31, 2020
41 posts
25 upvotes
these styles of weights are absolutely atrocious, how do you even use these to bench press without stabbing your quads?? Lol just terrible
Nov 16, 2010
8 posts
9 upvotes
I ordered on Friday, got shipping notification Sunday, they seem decent. I actually returned the ones I bought at Costco as they were individual, I prefer the ability to stack the weight vs storing 10 different sizes...will update when the arrive with timing and satisfaction level.