Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 30, 2015
1 posts
Madden, AB

APEGA requesting more years of experience to grant P.Eng

Hi folks:

I'm a newbie here and just want you guys opinion about my ordeal with APEGA ( Association of professional Engineer and geoscientist of Alberta. It happened that i applied for transfer of my EIT membership to P.Eng membership after acquiring the required 4 years of experience practising as an Engineer. (20 months an On-site Engineer in Oil battery and 28 months as a Process Engineer in Office. To my amazement, APEGA board member sent me a letter requesting additional 16 months of experience or I should apply for appeal. They failed to reference the factor they used to come into that conclusion.

My questions are

1) Has anybody here been in similar situation? What did you do? Please advice me
2) What are my changes if i appeal (According to the letter, I will have to pay for the appeal and would be bound by whatever new decision the executives make)
3) If i'm waiting to gain 16 months more years of experience, would i have to pay the processing fee again? would my application take another 1 year to process?
4) According to the letter i received, they only require an updated experience for the 16 months and a P.Eng reference, how would i go about this? would i apply online or send paper application?
5) any other helpful info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2010
1088 posts
348 upvotes
Did you messed up on experience record form? Upload form with personal information removed so we can give you advice .
Feb 1, 2015
3 posts
Edmonton, AB
I am sort of in the same situation. APEGA asked me to have 14 extra mnths of work experience to my surprise. Later, it turned out that they did not give enough credits to my master degree. I had to write back to them asking to check the assessment towards the master degree. After 3 months, I got a letter saying they had a mistake while assessing, and so the extra months of work experience reduced to 8 months. I acquired that many months and re-submitted updated work experience. You don't have to pay the application fee if you are resubmitting your work exp. records. I don't think it will take a year of processing time. However, you know its APEGA and its processing timeline. The updated work experience will go to experience examiner, and then to board of examiner. Mine is with the examiner now, Hopefully, it will be finalized sooner this time.

Good Luck.

everlytony wrote: Hi folks:

I'm a newbie here and just want you guys opinion about my ordeal with APEGA ( Association of professional Engineer and geoscientist of Alberta. It happened that i applied for transfer of my EIT membership to P.Eng membership after acquiring the required 4 years of experience practising as an Engineer. (20 months an On-site Engineer in Oil battery and 28 months as a Process Engineer in Office. To my amazement, APEGA board member sent me a letter requesting additional 16 months of experience or I should apply for appeal. They failed to reference the factor they used to come into that conclusion.

My questions are

1) Has anybody here been in similar situation? What did you do? Please advice me
2) What are my changes if i appeal (According to the letter, I will have to pay for the appeal and would be bound by whatever new decision the executives make)
3) If i'm waiting to gain 16 months more years of experience, would i have to pay the processing fee again? would my application take another 1 year to process?
4) According to the letter i received, they only require an updated experience for the 16 months and a P.Eng reference, how would i go about this? would i apply online or send paper application?
5) any other helpful info would be appreciated.

Thanks,