Expired Hot Deals

[Apollo] E-scooters (including mercane 2020 edition 1499)

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 7:29 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 10, 2018
46 posts
110 upvotes

E-scooters (including mercane 2020 edition 1499)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100$
Retailer:
Apollo
Just went for a test ride of Apollo scooters in person and bought their entry-level 'light' scooter. (The only one currently not on special but the price was ok). So far the only downside is the chirpping of the motor during launch but it quiets down once cruising and is not the end of the world for me. I went up inclines and it worked without issue (I am 125 lbs for reference).

The city was decent and had the extra brake so it was better attuned for the cyclist in me who kept reaching for the right-side for the brake, it also has nicer lighting and a slightly higher speed without motor noise for 300 extra +special on accessories if you preorder)

The mercane widewheel 2020 edition was in stock and is on special for 1499 but it was just too much of a beast for me, the propulsion was like a jet engine! Great specs and all but does not include the 24 month guarantee that the apollos come with.

Highly recommended for anyone searching for e-scooters and have the budget of around 1000-2000
8 replies
[OP]
May 10, 2018
46 posts
110 upvotes
stephroll wrote: . A whole $100 off
It was about giving alternatives to the Xiaomi and ninebot people who were considering group buying in another forum, this is a Canadian company who stands by their product :)
Aug 13, 2019
167 posts
307 upvotes
Ive bought the Mercane Widewheel off them back in Feb. and I’ve put over 400 KMS on it. I love ti
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2883 posts
1278 upvotes
Kingston
Good grief, is that what these things go for? Heading up towards $2k I can get a used reasonable motorcycle.

Are these high end models?
Apr 20, 2011
132 posts
105 upvotes
$950 is not too bad for the Apollo Light. I got a Ninebot Max for $850 from Best Buy and the specs are similar. The Max goes a bit slower (25-30km) with a longer rated range (65km but I've been getting 33-40km on sport mode).

Edit: Image added for reference.
Images
  • BBYNineMax.jpg
Nov 7, 2017
114 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
JC69 wrote: Good grief, is that what these things go for? Heading up towards $2k I can get a used reasonable motorcycle.

Are these high end models?
2k is more like mid range.

High end is brands like Dualtron and Rion. They can go up to 8k...
Jun 3, 2011
55 posts
21 upvotes
Whitby
Some these prices for these scooters r ridiculous.. cool toy to have but if ur gonna pay anything over 1500.. u might aswell buy a used mitorcycle and or a low priced car..
Nov 29, 2012
98 posts
39 upvotes
TORONTO
Also the top end one advertises up to 70km! Are these even legal? It seems like you'd need a LSM license.. interestingly, the regs in Ontario say, amongst other things:
Minimum seat height, when not laden, of 650 millimetres
Minimum wheel-rim diameter of 250 millimetres
Minimum wheelbase of 1,016 millimetres

There's no seat at all, and wheel rims are pretty small...
What would this be classified as? A gap in legislation?
Jan 24, 2018
73 posts
72 upvotes
Re: jc69

Could get a lot of things for 2k. What's your point?

You're like the dude coming into laptop threads saying that you could get a desktop.

Yeah, but we are in a scooter thread. Derp.