• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2012 8:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2007
1409 posts
106 upvotes
OP - you're not getting any sympathy cuz it is tough to find a job without hookups. I'd also suggest applying to Centreville - I worked there for a couple of summers and commuted by taking the GO Train to Union. Again, it will be tough to land the job when you don't know anyone. I'm assuming you've asked all your friends and maybe parent's friends for hookups and but you still have no luck. In that case, just enjoy your summer. When you hit uni, make sure you have top notch grades (I hope you picked a program that is job oriented) to land those coveted interviews. The rest is up to you.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4992 posts
2123 upvotes
Just finished high school and not willing to travel from mississauga to wonderland for a job .....

Man ....

Just work quit complaining and work at Wonderland.

It should be fun, just bring a lunch and you will be good to go!

You have no skills and high school is next to nothing .....

It really is, because they just give it away.

This isn't an insult to you .... but to the system itself.

I mean they ask parents if they should fail students ...... they no longer make all decisions based upon marks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9277 posts
1401 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Just finished high school and not willing to travel from mississauga to wonderland for a job .....

Man ....

I mean they ask parents if they should fail students ...... they no longer make all decisions based upon marks.
It is fun, worked there a few times when I was a kid. Had this coworker girl travel from high park to maple for the job. Not a big deal.

I think he is too late to apply though, if they want a job in April then you apply in Feb. If you want a job by June, you apply in April. If he applies in June, then he might get something in July or early August. Not that much time to earn much, but better than nothing.
Aug 1, 2010
498 posts
2 upvotes
GTA Area
OP : Enjoy your summer..
But next year be a bit more earlier when applying ...
and Network in UNI
RFD Hero
[OP]
May 17, 2012
53 posts
5 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
sirex wrote: Whats the point?

The kid has self esteem issues, easily noted in his post about how "i am not good looking and not caucasian."

The only thing he is going to get from every employer is a smack on the face. I just picture OP, one of the guys that studied really hard, didn't make alot of friends, alienated most of his peers, etc.

My only advice to you, judging by how your posts read are to go and get laid this summer. Make it your mission.
You're right. I'll try getting laid.

d182 wrote: OP - you're not getting any sympathy cuz it is tough to find a job without hookups. I'd also suggest applying to Centreville - I worked there for a couple of summers and commuted by taking the GO Train to Union. Again, it will be tough to land the job when you don't know anyone. I'm assuming you've asked all your friends and maybe parent's friends for hookups and but you still have no luck. In that case, just enjoy your summer. When you hit uni, make sure you have top notch grades (I hope you picked a program that is job oriented) to land those coveted interviews. The rest is up to you.
I'll go apply there. Thanks for the suggestion.

renoldman wrote: Just finished high school and not willing to travel from mississauga to wonderland for a job .....

Man ....

I'll apply there!
Mar 4, 2010
515 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
as someone who also graduated in January of my final year (a long time ago might i add) your best bet is to get a job in a restaurant. best way to do it is to walk in, ask for the kitchen manager (guys usually work in the kitchen) give him a resume and ask him if he has a minute of his time for you. Tell him you want to work in the dishpit or prep area.

Those areas usually are for the not as experienced and they get the longest hours (if thats what you want).

Make sure you go during off peak time in the afternoon, around 3-4 NOT during rush lunch or dinner (most KM's do not appreciate being bothered during the rush)

I would say go to a chain restaurant for this as your shifts will most likely start at 5 or 6pm and run till about 2-3 am especially on fri and sat. its really your only option if you want to start immediately.