Hot Deals

[Apple] 1 Year of Free Apple TV+ Subscription with the purchase of Apple Hardware

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2019 3:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto

[Apple] 1 Year of Free Apple TV+ Subscription with the purchase of Apple Hardware

If you were planning to buy a new apple device, apple is giving a free 1 year Apple TV+ subscription with all hardware.

Refurbished Apple Products from Apple are eligible as well.

This subscription is a family subscription, so up to 6 ppl can watch it.

The service goes live on November 1st.

These are the hardwares eligible:

A new iPhone
A new Mac
A new iPad
A new iPod Touch
A new Apple TV

After the initial year it becomes $5.99/month

**Devices purchased after September 10th. You have up to 3 months after the launch of the service, Novermber 1st to go on the Apple TV app and claim the offer.
Last edited by Nexzen on Sep 15th, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
77 replies
Jul 5, 2010
311 posts
125 upvotes
I have a new apple tv which I got couple of months ago. Its sealed.

Does it qualify for the 1 yr free service.
Nov 22, 2018
29 posts
51 upvotes
chicu1981 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:49 pm

"$5.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply."

So unclear, if you wait for November 1, maybe?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7859 posts
1825 upvotes
Scarberia
does apple tv have any sports?
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
chicu1981 wrote:

It's not, any device purchased after September 10th which is when the promotion went live. This was the day the Apple conference took place where they announced the new hardwares and services.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:56 pm
does apple tv have any sports?
no get a tsn/sporstnet or dazn subscription for that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
nikkynak wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 1:52 pm
"$5.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply."

So unclear, if you wait for November 1, maybe?
No, apple wouldn't start a promotion and expect customers to keep it in the box til Novermber 1st lol. You can activate and use your device, the service launches on November 1st and the customers have 3 months from that launch to go on the Apple TV app and claim their offer. It is any of the devices listed that was purchased after September 10th.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3359 posts
631 upvotes
Calgary
I am almost certain I read refurbished units will also qualify.

Edit.

Customers who purchase any new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch starting September 10 can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free. Beginning November 1, customers can initiate the one-year free offer in the Apple TV app on the device running the latest software. Customers have three months after device activation to claim the offer, or if the device was purchased and activated before the launch of Apple TV+, they will have three months starting November 1. The subscription will automatically renew at $5.99 (CAD) per month after one year. Customers can cancel at any time in Settings at least one day before each renewal date. Customers who cancel during the offer period will forfeit the remainder of their offer. This limited time offer applies to both new and refurbished models, including devices from the iPhone Upgrade Program, is not restricted to any specific sales channel (e.g., Apple Store, resellers) and will be available in all countries where Apple TV+ will launch. Up to six family members can share one Apple TV+ subscription and watch using their own Apple ID and password. Only one one-year offer is available per family, regardless of the number of devices purchased.

Link
https://www.apple.com/ca/newsroom/2019/ ... rytellers/
Last edited by casperr on Sep 15th, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1812 posts
205 upvotes
NB
Would an apple tv 4k purchased last year still in sealed in the box qualify?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2825 posts
1413 upvotes
Vancouver
chicu1981 wrote:

Technically, no.

Practically, yes. The eligibility depends on device activation date.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2825 posts
1413 upvotes
Vancouver
Which devices are eligible to receive 1 year free Apple TV+?
Any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, or Mac purchased after September 10, 2019 and capable of running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS is eligible. Both new and older (refurbished) models purchased at an authorized retailer qualify, including devices from the iPhone Upgrade program. This offer is not restricted to any specific sales channel (e.g., Apple Store, resellers) and will be available in all countries and regions where Apple TV+ will launch.
Terms & Conditions of the offer:
Beginning November 1, you can initiate the one-year free offer in the Apple TV app on the device running the latest software. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your Apple ID on your new device. You have three months after first setting up your device to claim the offer, or if the device was purchased and set-up before the launch of Apple TV+, you will have three months starting November 1.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1488 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
so if two people in our home upgrades to the new iphone 11 pro's do we get 2 years, meaning can they stack? i wonder if its a code included in the box to redeem....
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3359 posts
631 upvotes
Calgary
No only first year regardless of how many hardware you purchase after September 10
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3184 posts
2871 upvotes
Toronto
casperr wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 2:05 pm
I am almost certain I read refurbished units will also qualify.

Edit.

Customers who purchase any new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch starting September 10 can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free. Beginning November 1, customers can initiate the one-year free offer in the Apple TV app on the device running the latest software. Customers have three months after device activation to claim the offer, or if the device was purchased and activated before the launch of Apple TV+, they will have three months starting November 1. The subscription will automatically renew at $5.99 (CAD) per month after one year. Customers can cancel at any time in Settings at least one day before each renewal date. Customers who cancel during the offer period will forfeit the remainder of their offer. This limited time offer applies to both new and refurbished models, including devices from the iPhone Upgrade Program, is not restricted to any specific sales channel (e.g., Apple Store, resellers) and will be available in all countries where Apple TV+ will launch. Up to six family members can share one Apple TV+ subscription and watch using their own Apple ID and password. Only one one-year offer is available per family, regardless of the number of devices purchased.

Link
https://www.apple.com/ca/newsroom/2019/ ... rytellers/
Added that, thanks
Dec 31, 2018
134 posts
78 upvotes
Ok this is actually a great deal for an apple ecosystem family. Perfect to go along with my DAZN subscription and whatever movie/tv show catalogues they have available.