Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] 2nd Gen Apple Pencil Refurb $145 (save $24)

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 12:58 pm
[OP]
Feb 28, 2020
280 posts
651 upvotes

[Apple] 2nd Gen Apple Pencil Refurb $145 (save $24)

The Apple Pencil is never cheap and never goes on sale, so knowing that, this is a good deal if you need one (calling all those who snagged the 11” refurb Pro a month ago!)

If you don’t already know, Apple refurbished is good as new.

The 2nd gen pencil only works with the 11” and 12.9” iPad Pro that use Face ID (no home button)
Last edited by jmons20 on Apr 30th, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
32 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20173 posts
779 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Label the product as refurbished.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2019 posts
2581 upvotes
GTA
Also verify which Apple Pencil you can use with your iPad.

Apple Pencil (original, v1): all iPads, except the ones listed below

Apple Pencil 2: only the ones listed below; not compatible with other iPads (e.g. iPad, iPad Air, older iPad Pros)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
Last edited by karlb on Apr 30th, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 11, 2014
319 posts
234 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Should probably tell everyone it’s refurbished in the title.

With that being said though, Apple Refurbs are excellent
Jan 16, 2004
932 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
karlb wrote: Also verify which Apple Pencil you can use with your iPad.

Apple Pencil (original, v1): all iPads

Apple Pencil 2: only the ones listed below; not compatible with other iPads (e.g. iPad, iPad Air, older iPad Pros)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
Except original pencil won’t work with any of the ones that work with pencil 2
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6891 posts
2421 upvotes
I've had horrible experiences with apple refurbs. Got scratches in mine years ago and I recently bought an ipad with more scratches. They say they replace the outer coveering but I think they only do it if it's too bad condition.

Don't forget that people bring these devices to places like the bathroom with them. Never again.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2019 posts
2581 upvotes
GTA
protege2k wrote: Except original pencil won’t work with any of the ones that work with pencil 2
Thanks. Fixed my post above.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2020
280 posts
651 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Label the product as refurbished.
I did in the post. But I also updated the title now so it’s blatantly clear for people who don’t know what Apple refurbished is.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1132 upvotes
Surrey
vivibaby wrote: I've had horrible experiences with apple refurbs. Got scratches in mine years ago and I recently bought an ipad with more scratches. They say they replace the outer coveering but I think they only do it if it's too bad condition.

Don't forget that people bring these devices to places like the bathroom with them. Never again.
This is why I’ll ever buy personal electronics and accessories refurbished.
Jun 3, 2016
132 posts
258 upvotes
For those on the fence about Apple refurb:

I've purchased a few items from the Apple refurb store (iMac 27" 5K, Macbook Pro with Touch Bar, iPad Air), very satisfied with the savings vs. what I got.

I read somewhere in the T&C that the refurbished devices directly from Apple all come with a new casing (only parts like RAM, processor etc. are re-used), comes with the same 1 yr warranty as well.

If you do get unlucky and receive a unit that's scratched, I'm sure Apple will replace it with a brand new unit if you complain enough. Their customer service is top notch.

While some might say that they'll never buy personal electronics and accessories refurbished, I'll always buy APPLE refurbished products when available because of their guarantee (not like Best Buy where they just reset and put on the shelf).
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1450 posts
1132 upvotes
Surrey
goovangle wrote: For those on the fence about Apple refurb:

I've purchased a few items from the Apple refurb store (iMac 27" 5K, Macbook Pro with Touch Bar, iPad Air), very satisfied with the savings vs. what I got.

I read somewhere in the T&C that the refurbished devices directly from Apple all come with a new casing (only parts like RAM, processor etc. are re-used), comes with the same 1 yr warranty as well.

If you do get unlucky and receive a unit that's scratched, I'm sure Apple will replace it with a brand new unit if you complain enough. Their customer service is top notch.

While some might say that they'll never buy personal electronics and accessories refurbished, I'll always buy APPLE refurbished products when available because of their guarantee (not like Best Buy where they just reset and put on the shelf).
Oh, I wasn’t aware of that. If that’s how Apple refurbished products are, then that’s pretty safe.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2020
280 posts
651 upvotes
goovangle wrote: For those on the fence about Apple refurb:

This has been my exact experience as well. I have never had an major issue with any Apple refurbs. Once a Mac I got had the smallest scratch in the corner and being ocd I contacted them and they replaced the entire outer shell to be brand new at the Apple store. Just being a pencil I doubt you’d find any scratches or signs of wear. And if you did, return it and continue to live your life!
Sep 7, 2003
729 posts
282 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: I've had horrible experiences with apple refurbs. Got scratches in mine years ago and I recently bought an ipad with more scratches. They say they replace the outer coveering but I think they only do it if it's too bad condition.

You didn’t buy them from Apple then.
Oct 26, 2016
294 posts
266 upvotes
If you ever want the Apple pencil 2 with a slight discount you can go to their Education page at 159 instead of 169:

Code: Select all

https://www.apple.com/ca_edu_93120/shop/product/MU8F2AM/A/apple-pencil-2nd-generation
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6891 posts
2421 upvotes
vistokid wrote: You didn’t buy them from Apple then.
I did, hence I said apple refurbs.

They do not replace the outer shell or it wouldn't have a scratch on it. But now the stores are closed so I"m SOL even after spending more than 4 hours on the phone and speaking with several managers. The best they can do is give a refund which si not what I want.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3315 posts
2151 upvotes
GTA
Everything I’ve purchased refurbished from the Apple.ca website has been pristine, brand new condition,

I would be shocked if anything arrived with even the slightest hint of being used, let alone scratched.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1479 posts
623 upvotes
Bought a refurbished iPad Pro 11 (2018) and it was mint condition - like new.