• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2020 6:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2065 posts
667 upvotes

Apple AirPods Max (in-stock) - $779.99

This is not a deal at all, but simply for those who desperately want these overpriced headphones before Christmas without paying a scalper.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audio-he ... /108092601
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audio-he ... /108092598
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audio-he ... /108092596

Personally, I buy a lot of unnecessary stuff, but even I'm passing on these for now.

MOD edit: if this item isn't for you just ignore the thread. Derailing the thread helps no one.
Last edited by FreezingCanada on Dec 18th, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
89 replies
Dec 10, 2020
16 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I'd like to / would be surprised to see a single person from here actually buy these lol
May 8, 2016
99 posts
733 upvotes
So you're aware that these are overpriced AND also not a discount. I'm confused as to why you're posting it in "Hot Deals"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2065 posts
667 upvotes
Oyangutan wrote: I'd like to / would be surprised to see a single person from here actually buy these lol
Each to their own. Honestly, if I didn't already have Bose NC 700's, I'd probably be tempted even with the ~$200 Apple tax.

I mostly posted this to see how fast they go out of stock. They've been in stock all morning.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2065 posts
667 upvotes
hotandsoursoup wrote: So you're aware that these are overpriced AND also not a discount. I'm confused as to why you're posting it in "Hot Deals"
So you're aware of the title AND the post?

I literally already agreed with both points you're making, and clarified the only "deal" is that you get them now before Christmas (compared to sometime in 2021 if ordered directly from Apple).
Feb 8, 2020
145 posts
316 upvotes
No rush to by these, they are gonna be sitting on store shelves collecting dust in approx 2 weeks

Apple did their usual thing and only pre-produced very few units and is now doing build to order for any new orders through their website. That's why it looks like the product is in crazy demand when really its all manufactured "demand"

EDIT: Also, retailers have an incredible amount of margin on these, so expect some very aggressive sales once stock stabilizes in a couple weeks
Last edited by 23LeBronJames on Dec 18th, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello World!
Aug 28, 2013
722 posts
449 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not a good deal for people who use hair products. lol
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9830 posts
9475 upvotes
Markham
As consumers we shouldn’t enable Apples blatant attempt to feel just how much we would be willing to buy their crap.

Seriously, almost a thousand dollars after tax for a pair of headphones?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2065 posts
667 upvotes
23LeBronJames wrote: No rush to by these, they are gonna be sitting on store shelves collecting dust in approx 2 weeks

Apple did their usual thing and only pre-produced very few units and is now doing build to order for any new orders through their website. That's why it looks like the product is in crazy demand when really its all manufactured "demand"
That's definitely possible. Even 2 weeks is still too late for most of us if it's supposed to be a Christmas gift, so that's why I posted this to try to help others..
Nov 2, 2011
47 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
23LeBronJames wrote: No rush to by these, they are gonna be sitting on store shelves collecting dust in approx 2 weeks

I'll take a bet on this. I think it's going to be popular for a few months. at least. This is Apple we're talking about.
Mar 26, 2015
219 posts
543 upvotes
Montreal, QC
FreezingCanada wrote: So you're aware of the title AND the post?

I literally already agreed with both points you're making, and clarified the only "deal" is that you get them now before Christmas (compared to sometime in 2021 if ordered directly from Apple).
I think @hotandsoursoup's point is that this is the Hot Deals forum, not the Hot "Deals" forum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2065 posts
667 upvotes
quasarito wrote: I think @hotandsoursoup's point is that this is the Hot Deals forum, not the Hot "Deals" forum.
It's a "hot" deal compared to the alternative places to currently buy this product.

Also, I get everyone loves to Apple hate, but seriously, if it's not for you, it's not for you. You should have been able to figure that out from the title alone.
Nov 2, 2011
47 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
Anikiri wrote: As consumers we shouldn’t enable Apples blatant attempt to feel just how much we would be willing to buy their crap.

Seriously, almost a thousand dollars after tax for a pair of headphones?
$880 isn't quite close to $1000.

But there's definitely an $80 Canada tax on these. Might be worth shipping from the US.
Feb 28, 2020
280 posts
651 upvotes
cold and definitely overpriced - but hey can't you get $10 off the $779 price tag with an email sign-up coupon? For those that are interested in buying (if any are out there)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1451 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any in depth reviews yet? Not the general unboxing and such
Nov 2, 2011
47 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
brensavoyton wrote: Are there any in depth reviews yet? Not the general unboxing and such
Yep! A bunch came out this morning. Google!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2065 posts
667 upvotes
jmons20 wrote: cold and definitely overpriced - but hey can't you get $10 off the $779 price tag with an email sign-up coupon? For those that are interested in buying (if any are out there)
It's also worth trying GCR. It's technically excluded, but worst case you just don't get a rebate.
Nov 2, 2011
47 posts
107 upvotes
GTA
quasarito wrote: I think @hotandsoursoup's point is that this is the Hot Deals forum, not the Hot "Deals" forum.
I think you mean the "Hot" forum. I mean this is a hot product, whether you like it or not.

Is there a more appropriate place to post this?
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1032 posts
1647 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
I agree with this BUT, is this really any different than the PS5 Xbox Series s/X threads that were/are basically just post noting regular priced items being in stock? This is not directed at you, or hotandsoursoup, just me thinking out loud.
Aug 11, 2018
934 posts
856 upvotes

EDIT: Also, retailers have an incredible amount of margin on these, so expect some very aggressive sales once stock stabilizes in a couple weeks
wait until the nba season starts and the players wearing these during shootaround/walking into arenas.