Hot Deals

[Costco] Apple Airpods Pro - $268.99 (new low)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 4:31 pm
Jul 22, 2015
29 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have the impression that AirPod Pro supply seems to more or less be plentiful out east.

Am I wrong?

No stock as of last night in the Lower Mainland (west coast) - the Costco distribution depot hasn't received them yet.

Apple Pacific Centre and Apple on the phone would not match Costco's price.

I'd order them online... however, I don't want to wait until the end of the month to receive them (ten days from today). I'd rather take the chance they appear in store by then.
Last edited by davidvh on Oct 17th, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iPhone X
Koodo $40 - 8 GB + 5 GB Add-On = 13 GB Total Data - Unlimited Canada Wide - 1000 International Minutes/Month

iPhone 6
Koodo $35 - 5 GB + 5 GB Add-On = 10 GB Total Data - Unlimited Canada Wide - 1000 International Minutes/Month
Jul 21, 2020
7 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
AirPods Pro now available at Toronto Overlea Costco
Images
  • 014AAA89-6E50-45DF-8E52-00CEB10A172A.jpeg
Apr 30, 2011
41 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
Lots of stock at Ajax location if anyone wondering. Picked one up last night
Aug 19, 2013
726 posts
561 upvotes
TORONTO
anyone know how much the regular airpods cost in store?
EDIT: looks like they are the same as online. 188
Aug 21, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Lots in stock at Markham Costco.
Just picked one up myself today.
Images
  • IMG_0527.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1815 posts
763 upvotes
Antarctica
brand404 wrote: Meanwhile, in China its $4 :(
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... hweb201603_

Granted i understand the power of the psychology behind veblin type goods and people's desperate need for higher status via over-paying but just think it's humorous.
That knockoff doesnt even come close to the $20-30 blackweb Bluetooth buds sold by Walmart, let alone airpods lol.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14539 posts
5730 upvotes
Ottawa

Granted i understand the power of the psychology behind veblin type goods and people's desperate need for higher status via over-paying but just think it's humorous.
lol

https://www.macworld.com/article/331145 ... y-for.html

From review:
These may look superficially like AirPods, but don’t let the photos throw you off. Everything about them is substantially larger—the case, the earbuds, the stems. I couldn’t get them to stay put in my ears.

The charging case feels chintzy and cheap, and is easily twice the size of the AirPods case. Like most AirPod replicas, these don’t have the accelerometers or sensors to make them tap-able or automatically pause playback when you take one out of your ear.

I had a really tough time getting them to stay paired to my iPhone. One earpiece or the other would frequently disconnect, or simply drop sound for a few seconds. When they did work, the sound quality was terrible; tinny, thin, and distant. Definitely worse than most cheap $30 wired headphones.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2144 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto

Aside from the quality / hardware difference that goes into these... The user experience is just absolutely ridiculous. I have a pretty old iphone 7........ i just bought the pro from costco yesterday with apple care, yes its truly expensive in my books, but while working from home i need something that just works... I decided to give these a try as I know apple does play well with each other, and i am truly impressed. Note that I am very much a geek with electronics out the wazoo and have been anti apple for a long time.

The user experience starts at costco, buying apple care just took me 2 minutes for someone to register it and I didn't even have to log on to any account when i get home and register anything with any serial numbers.

Second, i opened the wrapper, and didn't require taking out knifes and keys to jab at it... its got a tab that helps you lol....

Third, i take out the case, opened the top, my phone asked me to accept a few things, and boom. it was working. I have never had any bluetooth device that just worked and didn't need charging for a few hrs... or something to do.

If I buy this for my parents, i don't even need to set it up for them... if i buy that china headset, I'd be getting calls from them every day about why which one isn't working or the mic is not working...

You ever try to teach your parents how to print over the phone???
Oct 16, 2020
41 posts
71 upvotes
Hi All,

Is it worth to get extended apple warranty for 30$? As my usage is minimal. Thanks.
Mar 4, 2010
302 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Given Costco’s awesome return policy is it necessary to get AppleCare?
Jun 10, 2020
223 posts
159 upvotes
kanewtz wrote: Have had AirPod Pro since launch. With the update last week to include spatial audio they are truest magical. It’s like listening to Dolby Atmos with a set of earbuds.

Honestly thinking of picking up another pair for work Teams meetings.

Has anyone paired these to a windows PC and used for Teams? Audio/voice work ok??
Funny you mentioned it. My exec director was wearing these on a recent teams call and they kept cutting out. Connection was crap. Overrated, IMHO. You want reliable and good quality guaranteed -- go wired.