Hot Deals

[Costco] Apple Airpods Pro - $268.99 (new low)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 6:40 pm
Newbie
Apr 19, 2019
76 posts
75 upvotes
craigslist123 wrote: Can I resell this for profit?
Risky business given this is probably the BF and Boxing Day price. Won’t be long before Apple has an upgraded version of these coming out as well.
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2016
144 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Is there an expiration date to the $268.99 deal?
Is the price the same online and in the warehouse?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13627 posts
7339 upvotes
Southern Ontario
MichaelYYZ wrote: Is there an expiration date to the $268.99 deal?
Is the price the same online and in the warehouse?
I was in store yesterday, it’s the same price. Might be the new norm, I don’t see anywhere to indicate it’s special pricing but could be wrong.
Member
Feb 28, 2020
256 posts
566 upvotes
milhaus wrote: Don't we all wish it worked that way. It's two years from purchase date, regardless of when you buy the AppleCare+. Might as well have all of the protection - eg. accidents - from when you start using it.
It actually does work that way with headphones. I purchased beats and bought AppleCare like 6 months later and the expiry is two years from the date I bought AppleCare. Agent said it was a new thing.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3149 posts
1696 upvotes
YUL/YVR
What's the shipping time for this to arrive from Costco.ca?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2012
3233 posts
1579 upvotes
Mississauga
AdamKing wrote: What's the shipping time for this to arrive from Costco.ca?
Usually get electronics within 3 days, they use UPS.
I love RFD! :)
Jr. Member
Nov 28, 2013
101 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Kinda related but hope not too far off the pricing discussion of ANR headsets

I live in a condo where I sometimes like to sit on the balcony and listen to music. However, there is road noise from the Gardiner wayyyy below.

What might be best for ANR in this application?

Apple AirPods Pro, Bose over the ear or the latest Sony over the ear?

All seem like good deals now.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2018
179 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
clinteast wrote: Kinda related but hope not too far off the pricing discussion of ANR headsets

I live in a condo where I sometimes like to sit on the balcony and listen to music. However, there is road noise from the Gardiner wayyyy below.

What might be best for ANR in this application?

Apple AirPods Pro, Bose over the ear or the latest Sony over the ear?

All seem like good deals now.
The Bose over ear headphones are closed back and would provide better noise reduction than the airpods pro. The airpods pro are much more portable though and are great for walks. From my understanding the Bose headphones have better ANR than Sony's cans.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13627 posts
7339 upvotes
Southern Ontario
clinteast wrote: Kinda related but hope not too far off the pricing discussion of ANR headsets

I live in a condo where I sometimes like to sit on the balcony and listen to music. However, there is road noise from the Gardiner wayyyy below.

What might be best for ANR in this application?

Apple AirPods Pro, Bose over the ear or the latest Sony over the ear?

All seem like good deals now.
So in our house we have APP, Bose QC35, 700 and Sony XM3. The XM3 have the best electronic ANC but depending on the APP tips and how they fit you, the APP will likely have better passive NC inserted inside your ears, combined with its ANC on, it has the superior overall noise cancellation. You will also appreciate buds in the summer over ear muffs.
Member
Feb 15, 2012
310 posts
165 upvotes
Couple questions if anyone can help!

1) Does Costco allow you to refund after opening and trying the AirPods Pros?

2) If I were to buy it from Shoppers, could I buy AppleCare from Apple themselves afterwards?

Thanks!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 6, 2011
535 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
darrenmak wrote: Couple questions if anyone can help!

1) Does Costco allow you to refund after opening and trying the AirPods Pros?

2) If I were to buy it from Shoppers, could I buy AppleCare from Apple themselves afterwards?

Thanks!
1. Costco will refund on virtually anything so this won’t be an exception. Double check when you purchase but I’m sure you have 90 days

2. Yes, you can
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14569 posts
5773 upvotes
Ottawa
clinteast wrote: Kinda related but hope not too far off the pricing discussion of ANR headsets

I live in a condo where I sometimes like to sit on the balcony and listen to music. However, there is road noise from the Gardiner wayyyy below.

What might be best for ANR in this application?

Apple AirPods Pro, Bose over the ear or the latest Sony over the ear?

All seem like good deals now.
For general use, I would go with airpods pro, as they are just most versatile because they are earbuds which you can keep with you all the time. I use them for calling, just lounging around, and also as excercise earphones. The noise cancelling is very good, just a tad below what the Bose/Sony offers.

The only time I use my Sonys/Bose (I have both) is for travelling where I need the most noise cancellation (otherwise I can't sleep) and need the most battery life.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Newbie
Apr 20, 2013
15 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
Just ordered mine online and used the $50 promo code, worked like a charm.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2005
135 posts
38 upvotes
ps3playa wrote: 1. Costco will refund on virtually anything so this won’t be an exception. Double check when you purchase but I’m sure you have 90 days

2. Yes, you can

I wonder what they do with all the returned AirPods?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3149 posts
1696 upvotes
YUL/YVR
jjpun wrote: I wonder what they do with all the returned AirPods?
Hand out to the homeless every Fri night. What do you think / want them to do with it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 23, 2005
2149 posts
2778 upvotes
Toronto
AdamKing wrote: Hand out to the homeless every Fri night. What do you think / want them to do with it?
Let me know where so i can hang out there as a homeless person !
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
1769 posts
94 upvotes
nardawg wrote: Just ordered mine online and used the $50 promo code, worked like a charm.
Can you elaborate on the bold?
Jr. Member
Feb 11, 2011
157 posts
61 upvotes
AdamKing wrote: What's the shipping time for this to arrive from Costco.ca?
Ordered on Fri late night (11pm+), got applecare registration email yesterday and received the AirPods today. (Richmond Hill ON). Loving it so far!
Sr. Member
Jun 3, 2007
522 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
djjosee wrote: Can you elaborate on the bold?
Probably got it from Costco gift membership card sale.

Top