Hot Deals

[Costco] Apple Airpods Pro - $268.99 (new low)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 9:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1428 posts
838 upvotes
What8ever8left wrote: The $60 you payed out for the membership was not hard cash?! The renewal wasn't free, was it?
Like this out guy say he gets it for $120 less. Sure after paying $120 for the membership. So at the end he is paying $268 for the item. No?!
I think this causes confusion.
Unless Costco is paying you to get a membership.....in case I will sign up to.
Agreed completely. Just because you are paying for a membership and happen to get a voucher back to use on this purchase doesn’t mean the price of the item was $120 less lol. Are we gonna start adding the 2% credit card rebates in our calcs for “final price” of an item too?

I was already planning on buying $270 in Costco gift cards, guess I got my pair for free Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
May 14, 2017
154 posts
51 upvotes
What8ever8left wrote: The $60 you payed out for the membership was not hard cash?! The renewal wasn't free, was it?
Like this out guy say he gets it for $120 less. Sure after paying $120 for the membership. So at the end he is paying $268 for the item. No?!
I think this causes confusion.
Unless Costco is paying you to get a membership.....in case I will sign up to.
you are interpret it in the wrong way. He needed the membership anyway, but now he got a $120 coupon which he used towards the airpods, which means he got a discount. If you do not need the membership, there is no point signing up because you will end up paying same. You get a $120 coupon if you sign up for the $120 membership, then you use the coupon towards the airpods. For him, its like he got the airpods at at 120 off, but it might not be for others, or it might not be for you. Its only for people who want sign for a membership and shop there often.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13622 posts
7336 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Of course the $120 voucher counts as an APP discount if you were already planning to get a membership. If you get gas and shop there regularly, you can make enough cashback rewards for the following renewal to be free too.

The membership cost and voucher only nulls if you don't end up buying anything else at Costco for the duration of the membership, but who does that?

The up to $140 in vouchers is probably one of the best membership promos I've seen, it's not a common occurrence.
May 14, 2017
154 posts
51 upvotes
i think to add on top of the costco deal is that their return policy is superior, you can even cancel your membership to get the full refund, but then you cant sign up for 6month/1year depending. but then ya its all different based on each person's siutation.
Nov 17, 2018
18 posts
8 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Of course the $120 voucher counts as an APP discount if you were already planning to get a membership. If you get gas and shop there regularly, you can make enough cashback rewards for the following renewal to be free too.

The membership cost and voucher only nulls if you don't end up buying anything else at Costco for the duration of the membership, but who does that?

The up to $140 in vouchers is probably one of the best membership promos I've seen, it's not a common occurrence.
Where is this voucher coming from? I am not currently a costco member but have considered getting a membership. I'm not seeing a $120 voucher when I try to sign up.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13622 posts
7336 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DouglasM66946 wrote: Where is this voucher coming from? I am not currently a costco member but have considered getting a membership. I'm not seeing a $120 voucher when I try to sign up.
This seems to indicate it hasn't expired, perhaps it's been extended, deadline Nov22/20 in fine print. But the RFD thread is in Expired Hot Deals.
https://www.costco.ca/reactivation-offer.html
Nov 29, 2010
278 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
AncasterRFD wrote: Of course the $120 voucher counts as an APP discount if you were already planning to get a membership. If you get gas and shop there regularly, you can make enough cashback rewards for the following renewal to be free too.
Just FYI - gas does not count towards the cash back.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1073 posts
848 upvotes
I swear I chuckle when I read some of these comments. The logic here is just next level on what constitutes a discount or not. Let me make it very simple. For those that shop at Costco a lot and are going to renew their card anyways, it makes sense to take advantage of the 120 voucher offer because whether the promo was there or not, the 120 is going to get spent on the membership.

So whatever you buy whether it’s AirPods, underwear, plants, diapers, lights, a back scratcher, leotard or whatever else crap ppl buy from Costco.ca, 120 is taken off the bill assuming you spend 250 or more

If you are not a frequent Costco shopper or don’t have a membership then this may not be the right offer for you

Hopefully that simplifies what constitutes “a discount”
Jan 28, 2010
297 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal
Hi RFD

what I understand is that is a good deal for any one looking to get the costco membership , or is already a costco member (better return policy). but beside that , is there anything I am missing?
I got it form Staples with price match and it comes out as $270 all in all. is Costco deal any better (especially for non member)?

Here is what I got.
329-25(coupon) = 304.99 + tax = 344.64
344.64 - 6.10 (ebates) - 68.94 (price match credit) = $269.6 shipped
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13622 posts
7336 upvotes
Southern Ontario
1MFK1 wrote: Just FYI - gas does not count towards the cash back.
I should explain better. Exec gets 2% reward (not on gas, you're correct), 2% gas comes from CapitalOneMC (same card as membership). The combined cheques surpass our renewal fee. However, the real benefit is if the nearby Costco has a gasbar as at least in my area, is the cheapest for regular unleaded and is top tier gas.
Aug 24, 2018
339 posts
133 upvotes
Langley BC
It is really easy, I just wasn't sure.
The discount is for the membership not the item in discussion.
That already has thread.
No need to double claim the $50.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1136 posts
625 upvotes
Burlington
Yeah come on guys this is not rocket science. The $120 voucher allows you to renew your executive membership and also get two $50 coupons that can only be used for online purchases of $250 or more. So, essentially you get up to 20% off of two larger ticket items if you want to renew your membership. In the case of Airpods Pro, this makes it a very good deal IMO.
Mar 23, 2018
179 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
sks8100 wrote: I swear I chuckle when I read some of these comments. The logic here is just next level on what constitutes a discount or not. Let me make it very simple. For those that shop at Costco a lot and are going to renew their card anyways, it makes sense to take advantage of the 120 voucher offer because whether the promo was there or not, the 120 is going to get spent on the membership.

So whatever you buy whether it’s AirPods, underwear, plants, diapers, lights, a back scratcher, leotard or whatever else crap ppl buy from Costco.ca, 120 is taken off the bill assuming you spend 250 or more

If you are not a frequent Costco shopper or don’t have a membership then this may not be the right offer for you

Hopefully that simplifies what constitutes “a discount”
The cheaper gas already pays for the membership for many people.
Mar 28, 2015
259 posts
75 upvotes
Rural AB
mwahahaa wrote: Yeah come on guys this is not rocket science. The $120 voucher allows you to renew your executive membership and also get two $50 coupons that can only be used for online purchases of $250 or more. So, essentially you get up to 20% off of two larger ticket items if you want to renew your membership. In the case of Airpods Pro, this makes it a very good deal IMO.
Just renewed my exc’ membership for another year
but now fancy a pair of AirPods can I take advantage of the $120 offer and if so how would it work having just paid my membership for another year
Aug 24, 2018
339 posts
133 upvotes
Langley BC
mwahahaa wrote: Yeah come on guys this is not rocket science. The $120 voucher allows you to renew your executive membership and also get two $50 coupons that can only be used for online purchases of $250 or more. So, essentially you get up to 20% off of two larger ticket items if you want to renew your membership. In the case of Airpods Pro, this makes it a very good deal IMO.
There he goes again....I spend $120 then get $100 back so that 20% off for him ......to me you spend and extra $20 to get the Airpods. (yes I know you get a membership but why mix that with this offer?!)
Jun 3, 2007
522 posts
134 upvotes
Scarborough
Seems SDM deal is better with $75 gift card now?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1437 posts
202 upvotes
Montreal
Shoppers has them at 300$ + tax - 75$ GC on Sat = 300 + 45$ (Quebec) - 75$ = 270$
Costco has them at 268$ + tax (40$) - 50$ GC = 260$

Depending on whether Shoppers has any additional points back, Costco wins this round especially combined with stellar return policy.