• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2020 11:11 pm
[OP]
Oct 13, 2013
32 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto

[Apple] AirPods Pro $296 + Free engraving + FS w/ Perkopolis

First post here and I know it's Apple, so please go easy on meSmiling Face With Sunglasses

Log in to https://www.perkopolis.com/Apple then shop on Apple EPP site, AirPods Pro currently is $296, you also get Free engraving + Free shipping.

Plus if you don't care extra protection from credit card, you can buy Apple store gift card through Brim eShop and pay your order, it should give you another $10 cash back - 3%.
75 replies
Dec 10, 2005
790 posts
1733 upvotes
Apple's firmware update has significantly downgraded noise reduction ability. Many people have complained. There is no way to revert to older firmware. Buyer beware.
Jun 14, 2017
269 posts
177 upvotes
Montreal
I'm fairly certain you can't stack brim shop with Perkopolis... You would be using double affiliate links. Anyone with experience on this?
Sep 20, 2013
27 posts
11 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This is probably a stupid question but I've seen so many postings about buying through Perkopolis or other EPP but can regular people that are not employed by corporations buy through Perkopolis?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2270 posts
322 upvotes
Edmonton
dcxx wrote: Apple's firmware update has significantly downgraded noise reduction ability. Many people have complained. There is no way to revert to older firmware. Buyer beware.
Did they not stop the update already? I think it’s people who updated their AirPod pros that got pooched. Apple pulled the firmware off after.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15304 posts
12765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dcxx wrote: Apple's firmware update has significantly downgraded noise reduction ability. Many people have complained. There is no way to revert to older firmware. Buyer beware.
New update came out couple days ago...
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12249 posts
19937 upvotes
I’ll skip this one , I got my Oh Henry’s........... Winking Face

Now if I could only find them ...... didn’t check trash yet ....
Jul 30, 2018
18 posts
11 upvotes
Yeah this is exactly right. Any new airpods pro can’t get the super botched firmware that some existing airpods users have. And if anyone had the botched firmware I heard you can ask Apple for a replacement
Oct 19, 2011
567 posts
183 upvotes
cursayer wrote: New update came out last week to revert noise cancellation to the previous version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/airpods/commen ... _thoughts/
Newest version of the firmware still has worse anc than the launch firmware.

Every firmware update apple has done since launched has nerfed the ANC. 2D15 doesn't lower as much as the pulled firmware, but it still does.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1129 posts
2484 upvotes
mcfart wrote: Newest version of the firmware still has worse anc than the launch firmware.

Every firmware update apple has done since launched has nerfed the ANC. 2D15 doesn't lower as much as the pulled firmware, but it still does.
Source? I updated from 2B588 to 2D15 and notice no difference in ANC. It seems like placebo at this point that people are complaining so much about it.
Jul 9, 2019
110 posts
386 upvotes
Not a bad price, these AirPods Pro have good profit margin. Retailers get it for $249.99
Mar 6, 2019
164 posts
194 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Source? I updated from 2B588 to 2D15 and notice no difference in ANC. It seems like placebo at this point that people are complaining so much about it.
It's subjective, google any ANC headphones using the phrase "X_BRAND update reduced ANC".

I bet even if Apple released the EXACT original firmware they shipped with, gave it a different name, people would still say "this is much worse than the original firmware".

Was there an issue with the 2C54? Definitely, Apple would not have pulled it otherwise. But I also feel as though ANC has improved drastically with this new firmware compared to the 2C54 firmware I was using for months. It's completely subjective now, and nothing I say will change someone's mind. For the record, I love my APP more than my Bose QC35s.
[OP]
Oct 13, 2013
32 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
bman95 wrote: I'm fairly certain you can't stack brim shop with Perkopolis... You would be using double affiliate links. Anyone with experience on this?
Not order AirPods Pro through Brim eShop. As I said, buy Apple store gift card through Brim then pay your EPP order with Apple store gift card.
Jun 18, 2017
419 posts
286 upvotes
When I signed up through my work they went a activation link to the work email to confirm so I’m thinking if you don’t work for a qualifying company you won’t be able to get in.