Expired Hot Deals

[Apple App Store] The Great Coffee App, Free for limited time (Regular price is $5.49)

[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
898 posts
2738 upvotes

The Great Coffee App, Free for limited time (Regular price is $5.49)

Retailer:
Apple App Store
The Great Coffee App, Free for limited time (Regular price is $5.49)

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/the-great ... d534220544

Popular espresso-based drinks and alternative brewing methods by an expert barista with many years of experience.

Demonstration of drinks in cross-section, videos of every step of the process, interesting facts about coffee, specially created music and impressive graphic design – all this will help expand your horizons and teach you about the world of Coffee.

Reviews are good: 4.8 of 5.

Price history of the app (in US$):
https://appsliced.co/app?n=great-coffee-app

The price history indicates this app may be free for one or two days only.
18 replies
Feb 12, 2011
42 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria
Great that it’s free but the app is kind of useless. There is not measurements or weights provided in the recipes for coffee or water. What’s the point? You are only getting half the info.
Sep 15, 2015
801 posts
630 upvotes
Mooooonnn
dealdealboss wrote: Great that it’s free but the app is kind of useless. There is not measurements or weights provided in the recipes for coffee or water. What’s the point? You are only getting half the info.
Agreed. Making good coffee or espresso (bases drinks) should be properly measured with the given ratio for consistent result. But t appears this app is well made, swipe left right to switch drinks, up to see detailed menu, with detailed instructions and even videos...but their ratio and brew time seems to be off...18s is too short (flow too fast)
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15238 posts
3117 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
It's probably free to get more downloads and then associated user data mining
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2525 posts
364 upvotes
Burnaby
worth to have a try!
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2006
1448 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa
weedb0y wrote: It's probably free to get more downloads and then associated user data mining
Absolutely.
Did you notice how many apps are begging you to change your mind and “Allow” data tracking?
Jun 10, 2003
743 posts
347 upvotes
Yeah does the data privacy section raise any alarms? I may be paranoid but the app developer’s name....
Images
  • DD071309-2A5A-4B6D-9183-894CDAE66805.jpeg
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15238 posts
3117 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
sumguy12004 wrote: Absolutely.
Did you notice how many apps are begging you to change your mind and “Allow” data tracking?
I switched my personal phone to Apple, for this specific reason, after being on Android train for over a decade..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6447 posts
4710 upvotes
Ottawa
danomed wrote: Yeah does the data privacy section raise any alarms? I may be paranoid but the app developer’s name....
Yeah...if no details are provided, I ain't biting.
With Zoomer Wireless !
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
898 posts
2738 upvotes
dealdealboss wrote: Great that it’s free but the app is kind of useless. There is not measurements or weights provided in the recipes for coffee or water. What’s the point? You are only getting half the info.
I don't think this is a coffee recipe app. It is intended to "help expand your horizons and teach you about the world of Coffee". In other words, it provides information about different kinds of coffee and how they are made.

IMO it is a beautiful app and it is quite informative.
weedb0y wrote: It's probably free to get more downloads and then associated user data mining
This app has been available since 2013 and it rarely available for free (see link below). More likely the developer want to get more good reviews so that the app can sell more in future.

https://appsliced.co/app?n=great-coffee-app
danomed wrote: Yeah does the data privacy section raise any alarms? I may be paranoid but the app developer’s name....
I don't think there is any issue. This app does not request any special permission and all it does is just provide some information.

It was last updated in Oct. 2020. "The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update."
Oct 18, 2009
538 posts
204 upvotes
What a silly and useless app...the App Store is becoming like the Play Store if they will start approving junk like to be on there. At least iOS security settings are much stronger than Android, so our info is somewhat safer. Wouldn't download this ever.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
898 posts
2738 upvotes
sverige101 wrote: What a silly and useless app...
If you feel this app is useless to you, down vote the OP and move on.

This app is intended to provide information for coffee lovers. What is useless to you could be very useful for others.
Last edited by qfli78 on Jun 2nd, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 18, 2009
538 posts
204 upvotes
Mods --> why is sham thread even in Hot Deals...should be moved to Freebies and or locked/deleted.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
898 posts
2738 upvotes
sverige101 wrote: Mods --> why is sham thread even in Hot Deals...should be moved to Freebies and or locked/deleted.
If this is a sham thread, explain to me why there are 25 up votes?

Also, for clarification, this is a paid app available for free for limited time. My OP is simply sharing some information which in my judgement could be useful for some other RFD members. Why are you demanding Mods to delete/lock this thread?
May 17, 2017
535 posts
1341 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: If this is a sham thread, explain to me why there are 25 up votes?

Also, for clarification, this is a paid app available for free for limited time. My OP is simply sharing some information which in my judgement could be useful for some other RFD members. Why are you demanding Mods to delete/lock this thread?
Careful, the RFD police has arrived!
[OP]
Sep 5, 2019
898 posts
2738 upvotes
Deal has expired. Price goes back to regular price. Set thread to expired.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8480 posts
4409 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: If this is a sham thread, explain to me why there are 25 up votes?

I came here because of the 25 upvotes. I love coffee but I don't know if the app is for me! Anyways, didn't want to miss out. :)
Oct 19, 2009
327 posts
215 upvotes
- “App Store Best of 2013” in Chinese App Store;

That explains the good review.