Hot Deals

[Apple App Store] Thimbleweed Park - iOS/Mac/Android Old School Point-and-Click Adventure Game - 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 3:52 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2020
345 posts
379 upvotes

Thimbleweed Park - iOS/Mac/Android Old School Point-and-Click Adventure Game - 50% off

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Apple App Store
There are great deals on iOS right now, including many fine games entirely free.

Thimbleweed Park is a bit of a specialty game though, for fans of old school computer point-and-click adventure games. It was developed by Ron Gilbert, who was the creator of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion.

Here are some reviews of Thimblewood Park, including:

"Thimbleweed Park isn't exactly a 1990s LucasArts game in 2017, but it is what a 2017 game would look like from the people that made those games, and I think that's a lot more interesting than just diving for happy memories."

According to AppShopper, the iOS version has only gone on sale once previously, from March 30th - April 1st, 2018.

Thimbleweed Park is a pay once and own it game, not a "freemium" game.

Note: This game is also available on iPadOS and on other platforms including Switch, PS4, PC, & XONE.

Edit: Thanks to shadarap for pointing out the sale is also available on Android too.
shadarap wrote: Looks to be on sale for Android as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... arkandroid
Edit 2: Thimbleweed Park is also available and on sale for Mac at 50% off - - again, according to AppShopper, this is only the second time it has been on sale for Mac since its launch in 2017 (previously 50% off from March 29 - April 1, 2018).
Last edited by goodking on Apr 1st, 2020 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
15 replies
Feb 6, 2008
734 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
I loved all the old Lucas Arts adventure games! Thank you for this — I had no idea it existed and I’m happy to get it for half price.
Oct 14, 2017
652 posts
687 upvotes
bwr827 wrote: I loved all the old Lucas Arts adventure games! Thank you for this — I had no idea it existed and I’m happy to get it for half price.
This isn't old; I'm sure you didn't mean that but just wanted to clarify. :-) The game came out a few years ago. It's made by Ron Gilbert - the maker of the first two Monkey Island series. He wanted to give the look and feel of the classic game and hence made it as such.

Great game!
Dec 6, 2017
701 posts
346 upvotes
Manitoba
Is the purchase via Appstore transferable to PS4?
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Apr 17, 2014
14 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
amazing game! If you are a fan of maniac mansion or any lucasarts old school games I would highly recommend at this price.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1203 posts
1131 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Thanks! Monkey Island is one of my favorite games of all time. I saw this on Kickstarter or something a while back and forgot about it.

Also check your Google Play accounts since I got a random $2 USD off voucher in one of my accounts. This came to $3 USD :-)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5719 posts
319 upvotes
Mulder and Scully? lol.
Feb 6, 2008
734 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
xtrmDeals wrote: This isn't old; I'm sure you didn't mean that but just wanted to clarify. :-) The game came out a few years ago. It's made by Ron Gilbert - the maker of the first two Monkey Island series. He wanted to give the look and feel of the classic game and hence made it as such.
Definitely understood -- I just meant I thought these games were a thing of the past, and nostalgically my own past.

Related, one of my favourite vacation purchases of all time was Lucas Archives Volume 1, a collection that included Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Sam and Max Hit the Road, and I think Full Throttle. Having loved the Monkey Island games, it was amazing to find this treasure trove of similar experiences.
Apr 26, 2009
599 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
I loved these games when I was younger. Missed out on the iOS sale but at least the steam one is still active
Aug 9, 2007
304 posts
38 upvotes
Great game. I own the own the PC version but never had time to sit down and play. I'll give the android version a try

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)