Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 1:58 pm
Sep 14, 2012
10 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
The educational price is available for the new Ipad air, but i don't think they will offer free airpods with this new model coming only next month :/
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1692 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
desiringdeals wrote: guys, the ipad air will only be released next month. Unless it can be pre-ordered with this deal, it is not part of this deal.

Just checked, there is only this "View Pricing" button, no pre-order yet.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-air
The old air was part of the deal but you cant get to it anymore since it got replaced with the newly announced one. Maybe they'll put up the old air later or they could include this one with it fingers crossed
Aug 1, 2012
847 posts
182 upvotes
Cambridge
stanleylai wrote: The old air was part of the deal but you cant get to it anymore since it got replaced with the newly announced one. Maybe they'll put up the old air later or they could include this one with it fingers crossed
For the new Air to be included in the deal, they need to open pre-orders for it.. what are the chances of that happening?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3398 posts
3059 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jansh84 wrote: For the new Air to be included in the deal, they need to open pre-orders for it.. what are the chances of that happening?
Well from the sounds of things they were supposed to open preorders today but they're not open on the US site yet either.

However the new iPad 8 is already open...
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14085 posts
5257 upvotes
Ottawa
sonyHdr12 wrote: The new iPad Air looks much better than the pro, do you guys regret to get the iPad Pro?
How is the Air better than the Pro?

Air starts with 64GB base storage, Pro has 128
Pro has Face Id
Pro has 2 cameras with Lidar vs 1
Pro has ProMotion 120Hz
Pro has brighter screen
Pro has 4 speakers vs 2

The main advantage of the Air is the newer chip

I might not buy the 11 inch Pro now, but I definitely prefer my 12.9 Pro
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jul 19, 2010
100 posts
13 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: How is the Air better than the Pro?

Air starts with 64GB base storage, Pro has 128
Pro has Face Id
Pro has 2 cameras with Lidar vs 1
Pro has ProMotion 120Hz
Pro has brighter screen
Pro has 4 speakers vs 2

The main advantage of the Air is the newer chip

I might not buy the 11 inch Pro now, but I definitely prefer my 12.9 Pro
Would it make more sense to buy the ipad pro with free airpods and sell the airpods afterwards?
May 9, 2015
220 posts
83 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Here is the Canadian pricing:
64gb from $779. $949 with Cellular
256gb from $979. $1,149 with Cellular

can NOT be ordered right now.

Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3335 posts
2001 upvotes
Vancouver
jbvigneux wrote: The educational price is available for the new Ipad air, but i don't think they will offer free airpods with this new model coming only next month :/
I don't think anyone expected it to be eligible for the AirPods offer.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1551 posts
2857 upvotes
Markham
EDU Pricing:

Wifi Models:
64GB - $719
256GB - $919

LTE Models:
64GB - $889
256GB - $1089

Assuming you can get $150 (conservative estimate) for your Airpods selling on Kijiji, iPad Pro 11 at 128GB will be effectively 979-150 = 829 (not gonna do tax math cause I'm lazy), and 258GB = 1109-150 = $959.

I think the Pro is worth the extra $40 or so if getting the 256GB version.
Last edited by Dave510 on Sep 15th, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3335 posts
2001 upvotes
Vancouver
jansh84 wrote: For the new Air to be included in the deal, they need to open pre-orders for it.. what are the chances of that happening?
About the same probability as someone successfully returning their promo AirPods for cash.

The whole idea of the BTS promo, which started in June, was to get consumers to buy Apple's mature products before the fall.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2054 posts
717 upvotes
So it looks like the EDU pricing for the Air 4 is more expensive than the Air 3.

I paid $989 for 256GB Wifi + LTE for the Air 3 and the Air 4 is $1,089.00 for the same specs.

I guess they're not offering the same discount on the new one.
Oct 16, 2011
248 posts
131 upvotes
The new Air is gorgeous but too expensive.

The 8th Gen regular iPad is the best value right now.

I’m holding out for a Mini upgrade to the new Air’s design.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14085 posts
5257 upvotes
Ottawa
parm09 wrote: Would it make more sense to buy the ipad pro with free airpods and sell the airpods afterwards?
I would buy the Pro with Airpods now. It's still the better overall device and the Airpods makes it a good deal.

If they offer this new Air next summer with Airpods I might go for that instead.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.