Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Feb 8, 2011
270 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
No one ever cancelled on line order? i was expecting some help from community
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17489 posts
612 upvotes
Someone was telling me that you can, or will, be able to use app store credit to buy hardware directly from apple.

Is that true? Or is it something not in Canada? What is it called?
Feb 8, 2011
270 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
app store is only for apps not for hardware
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4692 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
yorkhvac wrote: No one ever cancelled on line order? i was expecting some help from community
No one paid by gift cards.
Jul 13, 2013
830 posts
564 upvotes
Super strokey wrote: Someone was telling me that you can, or will, be able to use app store credit to buy hardware directly from apple.

Is that true? Or is it something not in Canada? What is it called?
I haven’t heard of this becoming a thing and I frequent several Mac sites every day. The App Store credit can only be used for the App Store and store credit in the store.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17489 posts
612 upvotes
Wasp14 wrote: I haven’t heard of this becoming a thing and I frequent several Mac sites every day. The App Store credit can only be used for the App Store and store credit in the store.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I hadn't heard that either.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3626 posts
3223 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Wasp14 wrote: I haven’t heard of this becoming a thing and I frequent several Mac sites every day. The App Store credit can only be used for the App Store and store credit in the store.
It did in the US when they unified everything but they haven't done it in Canada yet. Not sure what they're holding out for but I suppose it is possible it's another thing that never comes or gets changed here.
Jan 18, 2018
298 posts
411 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: Forget if this has been answered but seeing as the airpods will be delivered weeks before an ipad pro what happens if you get the ipad pro 3 weeks after the airpods then want to return everything?

By the time the ipad pro is delivered it will technically be past the return period
I did something similar. I wanted to exchange payment method, which is a full refund & repurchase.
When I went to store, I had had the airpods for 3-4 weeks. But I explained that the iPad only arrived 1-2 days ago and he immediately said ok and processed the refund/repurchase.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2495 posts
367 upvotes
a2younis wrote: I did something similar. I wanted to exchange payment method, which is a full refund & repurchase.
When I went to store, I had had the airpods for 3-4 weeks. But I explained that the iPad only arrived 1-2 days ago and he immediately said ok and processed the refund/repurchase.
Yeah, it’s base on the last delivery item, we ordered for the kids online, but end up getting it in store. So I ask about if I have to return the AirPods first and they say no just save yourself the hassle and return all at once which I did when the iPad finally arrived few weeks after the AirPods
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
It happened in the US. I guess there was too much confusion. The problem is, US Costco pulled all their discounted cards, so no more discount on App Store purchases. It could come here, or never. But I would consider stocking up a bit in case they pull the same trick.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 7, 2007
236 posts
85 upvotes
1-anh wrote: I think he means it doesn't come with the free airpods for the back to school promo, it does allow for the student pricing though.
That is correct, only iPad pro has free airPods. it is confirmed by the apple phone support, for the new ipad air you can have student discount (start from 719) when it is available but no airpods
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7189 posts
7194 upvotes
The Prairies
vkizzle wrote: Did you try checking out?
No free airpods or discount on Apple Care+...
Oh I thought you meant for the discount.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)