Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1548 posts
1457 upvotes
Airmilesshop.ca has a flash promotion today only for 10X site wide. Extra airmiles for people who are interested.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1315 posts
418 upvotes
GTA
I picked up my MacBookAir + AirPods at Sherway, no one asked for student ID. Sold my AirPods for $175, old iPad for $100 and old MBP for $300. Not a bad upgrade.
Jul 31, 2015
456 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Got an email for a flash 10x Air Miles promo on their airmilesshops.ca website. Could translate to an 5% points redemption for your purchase.
Nov 24, 2012
31 posts
11 upvotes
Brampton
Got MacBook Air 2020 a week before. Charged 100% day before and today with casual work ( no music,no gaming,ad free worksite)battery percentage dropped to 60% in 2 hours.
Is it something normal on new MacBook Air or should I return it and get another one?
First time Mac user.
Apr 23, 2011
389 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
angrydingo wrote: After hemming and hawing during the Aeroplan 7X the points deal, I missed out on it. And so I wasted the summer away and finally pulled the trigger mid-September.
I missed on the 7X Aeroplan as well.
Did the Aeroplan promo come back in September again?
I was looking out for the promo, hope I didn't miss it.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1634 posts
3281 upvotes
Markham
MartletMedia wrote: I missed on the 7X Aeroplan as well.
Nope, I'm still waiting on it as well. If it doesn't come back I'll just wait for next year. Not in a hurry and tech only gets cheaper and better.
Apr 23, 2011
389 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
Dave510 wrote: Nope, I'm still waiting on it as well. If it doesn't come back I'll just wait for next year. Not in a hurry and tech only gets cheaper and better.
I'll place my order now with the 10X Airmiles. I think it turns out to be 5.5% cash back.
Jul 31, 2015
456 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
profpt98 wrote: Got MacBook Air 2020 a week before. Charged 100% day before and today with casual work ( no music,no gaming,ad free worksite)battery percentage dropped to 60% in 2 hours.
Is it something normal on new MacBook Air or should I return it and get another one?
First time Mac user.
What does the energy tab under the activity monitor say? It'll show what's been draining the battery the most.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1260 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
apple doesnt seem included in this promo? is just says 1 mile for $20 spent
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1548 posts
1457 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: apple doesnt seem included in this promo? is just says 1 mile for $20 spent
Apple is part of promo. It is site wide 10x. Regular AM is 1M for each $20 spent. It should be 1X + 9X AM for Total of 10 X
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Jun 29, 2009
191 posts
63 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP. Partner was looking for an iPad Pro for her design work as well as for more portability for school.
I’m glad I stumbled on this thread. Now I have some shiny new AirPod Pros to assist me with my daily online meetings.
Jul 6, 2018
79 posts
17 upvotes
airmilesshop bonus miles take huge amount of time to show up for me (Or maybe it will never show ?) I still don't have my bonus miles from last month purchase.
Sep 28, 2011
395 posts
107 upvotes
Alberta
MartletMedia wrote: I missed on the 7X Aeroplan as well.
It didn't come back. I waited as long as I could and finally ordered. I need the iPad for work by November and shipping times are a month in.
Nov 24, 2012
31 posts
11 upvotes
Brampton
Energy tab shows only Safari. And that's what I was working on. I was quite surprised with quick draining with only use of browser. And only one website was open.
Mar 5, 2018
39 posts
43 upvotes
Edmonton
profpt98 wrote: Got MacBook Air 2020 a week before. Charged 100% day before and today with casual work ( no music,no gaming,ad free worksite)battery percentage dropped to 60% in 2 hours.
First time Mac user.
I'd give it another day or two and see if you keep getting such poor battery performance. New computer could be indexing files, downloading photo library or whatever. Once settled, see how long it takes to get to 0%. Maybe go with 75% brightness as well. Looked like you were going to get only 5 hours on the battery whereas reviewers are showing over 9 hours with internet browsing. https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/macbook-air-2020

If it doesn't get better after a couple days, I'd take it in.