Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1260 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
The next gen iPad pros are they rumored to have the mini led screens?
Sep 28, 2011
395 posts
107 upvotes
Alberta
profpt98 wrote: Got MacBook Air 2020 a week before. Charged 100% day before and today with casual work ( no music,no gaming,ad free worksite)battery percentage dropped to 60% in 2 hours.
Is it something normal on new MacBook Air or should I return it and get another one?
First time Mac user.
It's somewhat normal when you first get the computer as it's indexing for Spotlight (the Mac's internal search function). Screen brightness is also something that can affect battery life. My MacBook battery drains pretty quickly if I'm video conferencing.

But I'm pretty sure it's the indexing if it's a brand new Mac. Should see improvement in the next few days. If not, contact Applecare.

There's also an app called Coconut Battery (https://coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/) that will tell you how healthy your battery is and how many cycles it has on it. It's a fantastic tool.
Sep 28, 2011
395 posts
107 upvotes
Alberta
brensavoyton wrote: The next gen iPad pros are they rumored to have the mini led screens?
Yes, and that would be 2021 (so say the rumours). So far, it might only be the 12.9" as none of the rumours talk about the 11" Pro.
Jun 14, 2017
251 posts
172 upvotes
Montreal
stanleylai wrote: Its from the drop app, the dollar value for the points makes it 7.5% off.
ArtJobs wrote: ok, thnx. that would be a better deal compared to aeroplan 7x.
turtlepower11 wrote: https://www.earnwithdrop.com/

It used to be like Ampli where you link a credit card and they give you points for scraping your purchase history.

But it's pivoted more toward ebates where if you use their referral link to shop online then they give you points which you can use for gift cards. Or you sign up for services. I think I've gotten over $600 worth of gift cards so far (with spouse).

Drop has a extra points promo until July 15th where you get 75 points (instead of 15) per $1 you spend at Apple. So if you spend $2,000 then you get 150,000 points which is good for $150 in Starbucks or Amazon gift cards.

There's also a $5 sign up referral. I'm assuming I cannot solicit such a referral here...
user95 wrote: I guess the shipping estimate was pretty accurate then. I ordered one today (Absolutely NONE available at local stores for pickup) and the shipping window is Aug 17-Aug 24. Pretty nuts that they are backlogged a month for a product released ~3 months ago. I didn’t know the demand was this strong for these (maybe exacerbated by COVID shutdowns in China). The AirPods shipped within 3 hours though.

Also shopped via the Drop link. Hope I get the bonus points.
Have any of you received the points from this drop 7.5 promo?
Nov 30, 2019
175 posts
198 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: The next gen iPad pros are they rumored to have the mini led screens?
They are yes. But not coming until early 2021, at earliest per Kuo (seasoned apple hardware and supply chain analyst)
Nov 30, 2019
175 posts
198 upvotes
angrydingo wrote: It's somewhat normal when you first get the computer as it's indexing for Spotlight (the Mac's internal search function). Screen brightness is also something that can affect battery life. My MacBook battery drains pretty quickly if I'm video conferencing.

But I'm pretty sure it's the indexing if it's a brand new Mac. Should see improvement in the next few days. If not, contact Applecare.

There's also an app called Coconut Battery (https://coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/) that will tell you how healthy your battery is and how many cycles it has on it. It's a fantastic tool.
I second this. Its a great tool and can check iDevices as well as your laptop battery
Jul 13, 2017
27 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
bman95 wrote: Have any of you received the points from this drop 7.5 promo?
I probably no longer qualify, since I changed the credit card I paid with before it shipped, as my card offered me 10% cash back, which ended up being a better deal. Not sure about others.
Nov 15, 2003
70 posts
25 upvotes
Terrace
Here is my proof you can return the Airpods. This was 3 weeks ago so no idea if they are cracking down. But it was super easy for me. No questions asked.
Images
  • 20201002_082825.jpg
  • 20201002_083128.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1548 posts
1457 upvotes
My experience:
Bought some mall gift cards at discount (AMEX promo). Went in to Apple store to buy Apple gift card.
With airmiles 10X promotion a couple of days ago, order online ipad pro 11. Used the gift card online. Available for pick up the next day. No student ID check needed and picked up with no issues.
Hopefully, the airmiles go though. $50 worth of airmiles.
Public Mobile , Freedom Mobile, Tangerine
Jul 31, 2015
456 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bman95 wrote: Have any of you received the points from this drop 7.5 promo?
Nope not yet. I'm just a couple days away from the 80 day deadline before I can make a customer service request. I think I've done this every year with Drop/Air Miles for large points payouts.

They count on users to forget or give up.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4692 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
tallshorty wrote: Here is my proof you can return the Airpods. This was 3 weeks ago so no idea if they are cracking down. But it was super easy for me. No questions asked.
Did you get that with iPad Pro?
Jun 30, 2015
45 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If I place an order for delivery am I able to change to pickup option when it comes in stock? Or will I have to cancel and place a new order?

For an iPad pro with an estimated shipping date of oct 27
Nov 7, 2007
629 posts
316 upvotes
I didn’t bother to figure this out. Would be too much hassle and the in stock sell out very quickly. They only charged me for the AirPods since only the AirPods were shipped. So I just placed another in stock order and returned the AirPods when I picked up the iPad and the AirPods on the 2nd order
uhdimzy wrote: If I place an order for delivery am I able to change to pickup option when it comes in stock? Or will I have to cancel and place a new order?

For an iPad pro with an estimated shipping date of oct 27
Dec 31, 2016
36 posts
6 upvotes
Can we return AirPods for a refund as someone above mentioned?