Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4323 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
blindemboss wrote: Currently, Kijiji is flooded with Airpods 2 asking $180-$200 in the GTA.

I'm not sure there's that much demand. Perhaps if priced at $150.
Yep you are right, the market does appear to be flooded. However, with the deal set to end in 2 days, if I was selling airpods I'd just wait a couple weeks for the market to settle - the price should creep back up towards the holiday season!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2006
1073 posts
590 upvotes
jiffylube1024 wrote: Yep you are right, the market does appear to be flooded. However, with the deal set to end in 2 days, if I was selling airpods I'd just wait a couple weeks for the market to settle - the price should creep back up towards the holiday season!
Unless they announce updated AirPods before then.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2005
1175 posts
442 upvotes
Navon01 wrote: What are the chances for the aeroplane or airmiles promo to be back before the end of this?
Rakuten 10% cashback is on Monday, not sure if it will include Apple.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3758 posts
1835 upvotes
karthiks wrote: Delays in Macbook Pro delivery lately. Available for next-day pickup though.

Thanks to my pathetic credit limit, I will now have to call and place the order, and ask the representative to split the payment across two cards. Means I don't get extended warranty either as the whole charge is not made to one card (wouldn't matter any way because I am going with Apple Care).
You could overpay your card that offers extended warranty so you have a credit on it and then purchase Mac on that one. I’m guessing it might be too late now though
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2006
1055 posts
164 upvotes
Markham
Anyone got their 7.5% from Drop yet? Made my purchase July 15th and nothing yet, sent receipt details Monday and haven’t heard back
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1873 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
seshwan wrote: Rakuten 10% cashback is on Monday, not sure if it will include Apple.
Is Apple’s main store even on Rakuten? I only see the refurbished store.
Jr. Member
Mar 31, 2020
134 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
MyNameWasTaken wrote: You could overpay your card that offers extended warranty so you have a credit on it and then purchase Mac on that one. I’m guessing it might be too late now though
Oh I'd already checked with Amex (CA); I was told they don't accept over-payments and that any attempt would lead to a "hold" on my account. Also, even if I did over pay, I was told any purchase value above my credit limit would not go through.

Bizarre...
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2004
1137 posts
95 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know if I can purchase Apple care with edu discount at a later date?

Backstory: purchase mac air a month ago, now thinking I should pick up Apple care, while education discount is still on.
Last edited by OracerO on Oct 10th, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3758 posts
1835 upvotes
karthiks wrote: Oh I'd already checked with Amex (CA); I was told they don't accept over-payments and that any attempt would lead to a "hold" on my account. Also, even if I did over pay, I was told any purchase value above my credit limit would not go through.

Bizarre...
Looks like I am mistaken then, but what Amex says makes sense.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3758 posts
1835 upvotes
OracerO wrote: Anyone know if I can purchase Apple care with edu discount at a later date?
Better to do it now, and then you can get a refund if you change your mind. Best thing to do is call Apple and ask if they can put a note on your file.
Jr. Member
Mar 31, 2020
134 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Looks like I am mistaken then, but what Amex says makes sense.
The very first agent I spoke to regarding this topic - around the time I'd almost decided to go ahead with the purchase - said overpaying was possible and that the top up would act as a "pre-paid" card. Everything seemed set.

Not sure what prompted me to check again later, but boy am I glad I trusted my instinct.

Ended up making around six separate calls (spread out over a few days) and each time, I was told that over paying was not possible and there was no such "pre-paid" concept. Furthermore, I also got to know that attempting to go over limit would mean I'd be slapped with other penalties (which would not be waived). So... Not worth taking any chances.

I'm unsure if other credit cards offer this flexibility, but I had only two options with me - Amex and Tangerine - and Amex was always going to be the first choice.
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Member
User avatar
Mar 16, 2005
231 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
OracerO wrote: Anyone know if I can purchase Apple care with edu discount at a later date?

Backstory: purchase mac air a month ago, now thinking I should pick up Apple care, while education discount is still on.
Does not look like it is possible. You may try adding it by providing your serial number on apple site and see if it gives you edu discount.
Image
Newbie
Sep 5, 2008
50 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys ever try to return air pods /pro by calling apple before shipping out?

Or this is only for store return.

Thx
Newbie
Sep 8, 2014
33 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wilson881 wrote: Anyone got their 7.5% from Drop yet? Made my purchase July 15th and nothing yet, sent receipt details Monday and haven’t heard back
Received my points. Sent a points inquiry through the app and attached screenshots of my invoice directly to the auto-reply email ticket, and heard back one week later.
Newbie
May 6, 2018
31 posts
18 upvotes
Stupid question, the promo ends on Oct 12, does this mean today is the last day to purchase with free airpods or does tomorrow still count as part of the promotion duration?

Also can someone advise whether I should get a iPad pro or MacBook air? My main uses for the device would be to watch movies, browsing the internet, and checking e-mails, no video or photo editing or running any sort of heavy applications.

Top