Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
Did anyone get the iPad Pro 12.9" with a bright spot? Mine comes with a bright spot about 1.5" below the face ID sensor.

From my experience with an LG phone, if a bright spot appears, it doesn't go away. Does anyone one had a bright spot on an iPad Pro that goes away on its own?

I chat with an Apple rep, and they said it would have to be inspected by a technician and repaired if necessary.
Disappointed for a brand new product.
Member
Nov 6, 2014
440 posts
332 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Fllay wrote: Did anyone get the iPad Pro 12.9" with a bright spot? Mine comes with a bright spot about 1.5" below the face ID sensor.

From my experience with an LG phone, if a bright spot appears, it doesn't go away. Does anyone one had a bright spot on an iPad Pro that goes away on its own?

I chat with an Apple rep, and they said it would have to be inspected by a technician and repaired if necessary.
Disappointed for a brand new product.
Maybe not common but actually often reported if you Google it and also some note here on RFD in this discussion BestBuy deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
Bluiis48 wrote: Maybe not common but actually often reported if you Google it and also some note here on RFD in this discussion BestBuy deal.
Thanks, I thought it was sorted out for 2020 model. I'm surprised their rep trying to talk me into getting it repaired under warranty for few days old item.
Guess it's like buying a lottery for every item. Just never had an issue with Apple product before.
Member
Nov 6, 2014
440 posts
332 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Fllay wrote: Thanks, I thought it was sorted out for 2020 model. I'm surprised their rep trying to talk me into getting it repaired under warranty for few days old item.
Guess it's like buying a lottery for every item. Just never had an issue with Apple product before.
Have the 11” coming Tuesday, fingers crossed, yes they should have it sorted, totally new design. Most interesting thought I read was battery expansion causing it.
Sr. Member
Sep 28, 2011
501 posts
177 upvotes
Alberta
Bluiis48 wrote: Have the 11” coming Tuesday, fingers crossed, yes they should have it sorted, totally new design. Most interesting thought I read was battery expansion causing it.
Got my 11” a week ago and no bright spot.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1955 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting for my iPad Pro 11 to arrive...another week and a half.

Just curious, if I return the iPad (thinking of going with the Air 4), do I need to return the AirPods too?

I spoke to an Apple specialist on the phone, and I was confused with her saying something about just keep the AirPods based on how they invoice.
I was expect they would simply credit me the cost of the iPad less $219 for the AirPod.
Newbie
Dec 25, 2007
34 posts
13 upvotes
Dictate wrote: Best to ask Apple support, but return periodic should align to last item received.
still waiting for my MBA ,probably arrive at Nov. I received AirPods on 10/14, today I called apple customer service, they said they extended the return from 15 days to 45 days. But If I want to return the AirPods, I need to return the MBP as well. Anyone has experience to return the AirPods before receive MacBook?

Top