Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
May 4, 2020
78 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote: ...but almost everyone needs a good resell value when the time comes.
Zero intention to resell. And not everyone is gonna be something used, unless its a good deal
Oct 29, 2009
183 posts
80 upvotes
Montreal, QC
2018 refurbished iPad Pro 64 gb for $838 tax included and $11 rakuten
2020 new iPad Pro 128 gb for $1126 tax included with $150 AirPods and 7880 Aeroplan pts

Which is better? Am I missing anything?
Jun 9, 2007
104 posts
62 upvotes
Richmond, BC
goob3r wrote: The other sizes when they were available on BB were great deals too. Definitely better than Apple refurbs. BB still better than this back to school deal, but the margin shrinks if

1) you don't need AirPods or don't want to waste energy selling them on Kijiji
2) you don't need the extra space that the 2020's provide (other than the 1 TB model)
I got the $850 BestBuy bundle (64G+ LTE) and am going to keep it.

I thought about this back to school bundle, but like you said, I don't need the AirPods, and don't want to waste time / energy to sell them. I also don't think I will take advantage of the 6GB RAM either.
Dec 19, 2010
797 posts
254 upvotes
Is AppleCare+ @ $239 for a Macbook Pro 13 worth it? I will be using my Visa Infinite Privilege credit card to buy and it provides 2 additional years of warranty: "Extended Warranty Insurance automatically triples the original manufacturer’s warranty up to a maximum of two (2) years." Only thing missing would be accidental damage protection.

Thoughts?
Mar 31, 2020
178 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
This might be a rank silly question, but I thought I'd ask here nonetheless before reaching out to Apple Support.

There is a very good chance my purchase will be worth around $4,000 because I am looking at the top-range Macbook Pro. Now, I have two credit cards and my credit limit—on each—is only $3,000 (sigh, sh*tty newcomer limits, and both TANG and SCO wouldn't accept any request for a credit limit increase in spite of my saying I was having a fairly decent income).

Any idea if I will be allowed to split my purchases over both cards? I don't think any online platform anywhere allows it, but I wasn't sure if I could place the order over phone (then again, I don't have a student ID). Of course, that will—sadly—mean that I forego points/cashback as both cards will net a paltry 0.5%.

As a last-ditch effort, I have applied for an Amex (via Global Card Transfer) and I'm hoping I get a decent credit limit there. Fervently wishing they don't consider my credit score here in Canada (its a solid 800+ in my home country though and fingers crossed they value that instead).

Oh well... ... Disappointed Face
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19867 posts
680 upvotes
Shanghai, China
chatbox wrote: ...but almost everyone needs a good resell value when the time comes.
Absolutely!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19867 posts
680 upvotes
Shanghai, China
domlee03 wrote: I am in similar situation. BestBuy 512Gb LTE+ Telus deals. I think I will return both and get the 2020 iPad + Aeroplan Miles.

To be honest, I don't use more than 60gb on my iPad and I don't need LTE. all these are just there and Won't be used when I sell it in 2 years.
What Telus deal?
Jul 9, 2017
69 posts
56 upvotes
karthiks wrote: This might be a rank silly question, but I thought I'd ask here nonetheless before reaching out to Apple Support.

There is a very good chance my purchase will be worth around $4,000 because I am looking at the top-range Macbook Pro. Now, I have two credit cards and my credit limit—on each—is only $3,000 (sigh, sh*tty newcomer limits, and both TANG and SCO wouldn't accept any request for a credit limit increase in spite of my saying I was having a fairly decent income).

Any idea if I will be allowed to split my purchases over both cards? I don't think any online platform anywhere allows it, but I wasn't sure if I could place the order over phone (then again, I don't have a student ID). Of course, that will—sadly—mean that I forego points/cashback as both cards will net a paltry 0.5%.

As a last-ditch effort, I have applied for an Amex (via Global Card Transfer) and I'm hoping I get a decent credit limit there. Fervently wishing they don't consider my credit score here in Canada (its a solid 800+ in my home country though and fingers crossed they value that instead).

Do they have financing options through Apple that would allow you to pay like 2000 with one and then 2000 with the other? Typically financing is like a monthly payment, but if you pay it all right now, would it come out to be the same?
Sep 16, 2012
633 posts
456 upvotes
GTA/London
karthiks wrote: This might be a rank silly question, but I thought I'd ask here nonetheless before reaching out to Apple Support.

Yes! You should've done an Amex Global Transfer in the first place, if you have a good and long history with Amex back home then you'll be fine, of course you'll have to wait for the card to arrive though.

Otherwise if you want to do the double capture, you'll have to do that at an Apple Store in person. As for student ID, I'm sure you can be creative...

(full disclosure i am actually a student but i also have no remorse for apples coffers.)
💳: Amex Pers Plat, Scotia Amex Gold, Rogers WE, CTFS WE, Brim WE
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6250 posts
2095 upvotes
Where is the cheapest place to get AppleCare? I heard you can get it cheap at the source? Or costco? Or is it cheaper to get at costco?

I”m looking to get AppleCare for ipad and accessories such as AirPods.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1087 posts
433 upvotes
Edmonton
Been waiting an eon for the BTS and "fixed" keyboard deal to align. Looking to replace a 2008 MBP with an MBA and had been waiting and waiting for the butterfly keyboard to flutter away. Had expected Beats. How well do the Airpods stay in the ear? For someone who has never had an earphone stay in their ear, I am super wary of getting one that is wireless. The only thing I've gotten to stay in my ear reliably are a set of earplugs with the tiniest tip. Every other I've tried just falls off (while sitting).
[OP]
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
747 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote: Does anyone know when this deal expires?
Apple has still not updated the terms and conditions for this offer, however for reference the 2019 Apple Back To School promotion ran from July 9th to September 26th.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12639 posts
3424 upvotes
Scarberia
What's the cheapest iPad that qualfies Tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>