Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
I do like that they offer the option to upgrade to pros. This should make everybody happy

There should be more demand for AirPods than Beats. Airpods are unique offering. Beats not so much
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
3880 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is amazing, better than the refurb deals lol imo
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2785 posts
1325 upvotes
Sudbury
GAH...now do I return my 2018 iPad Pro 1TB LTE and purchase a 2020 iPad Pro 128GB LTE and with the AirPods Pro? I already have AirPods Pro and 2nd Gens.....i'd have to worry about selling these ones.

....decisions....decisions.
Jan 7, 2020
10 posts
9 upvotes
I ordered a laptop last Wednesday from the education store - just called (only 8 min hold time!) and they added the airpod pros to my order for $110 without issue. Should be here by the 21st.
Nov 13, 2019
163 posts
266 upvotes
Anyone have experience getting them to add this offer to an existing purchase? Family member just ordered a Mac the other day, hasn't even arrived yet. Would like to avoid the hassle of returning and repurchasing if they'll just send the headphones separately.
Nov 13, 2019
163 posts
266 upvotes
kwvvlpbwyj wrote: I ordered a laptop last Wednesday from the education store - just called (only 8 min hold time!) and they added the airpod pros to my order for $110 without issue. Should be here by the 21st.
Good timing, I guess that answers my question just below your post, thanks :)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1643 posts
3292 upvotes
Markham
kanewtz wrote: GAH...now do I return my 2018 iPad Pro 1TB LTE and purchase a 2020 iPad Pro 128GB LTE and with the AirPods Pro? I already have AirPods Pro and 2nd Gens.....i'd have to worry about selling these ones.

....decisions....decisions.
I'm sticking with the iPad Pro 1TB.

I've done a search on Kijiji and ebay comparing 1st gen 12.9 and 2nd gen 12.9 pricing (since those 2 ipads are similar to the situation with the current iPad Pro 3rd and 4th gen), and the storage size makes a way bigger difference in selling price than whether it was gen 1 or gen 2 since they're similar.

I think most people will do without Lidar or Wifi 6, even in 3 years time, but a small storage will definitely be a limitation for a lot of people by then.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54013 posts
18955 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: I'm sticking with the iPad Pro 1TB.

I've done a search on Kijiji and ebay comparing 1st gen 12.9 and 2nd gen 12.9 pricing (since those 2 ipads are similar to the situation with the current iPad Pro 3rd and 4th gen), and the storage size makes a way bigger difference in selling price than whether it was gen 1 or gen 2 since they're similar.

I think most people will do without Lidar or Wifi 6, even in 3 years time, but a small storage will definitely be a limitation for a lot of people by then.
Can the Lidar be used for a carputer? :)
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4694 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
2 months ago I got an iPad Pro from Apple education, can I ask an AirPods for free?
May 3, 2015
103 posts
20 upvotes
BC
How long is this back to school offer available? Anyone know?
Last edited by Grahamk on Jun 15th, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 9, 2019
105 posts
386 upvotes
Feel bad for people who bought new Macbook Air and Pro at launch.

This is better deal than free beats as APs are much easier to resell. Beats is more of a lifestyle product for teens, I personally don’t want to be seen wearing those tiny Beats Solo.
Jan 24, 2016
95 posts
63 upvotes
Thanks OP! My daughter (10 years old) been wanting ipad pro for her drawing likes. She's really good at drawing and she's enjoying it so much, BUT dont know if i can afford it. :(

Tried adding ipad pro and airpods pro total came out $1420. Wow! Early birthday gift for her. Hmmm
Mar 28, 2017
34 posts
15 upvotes
is the entry macbook air any good? or i need the pro?