Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2533 posts
2410 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
bigtuna99 wrote: Anyone have experience getting them to add this offer to an existing purchase? Family member just ordered a Mac the other day, hasn't even arrived yet. Would like to avoid the hassle of returning and repurchasing if they'll just send the headphones separately.
Did you family member order it on the education store? If not they wouldn't qualify so would definitely have to return/rebuy. If you received it already you mightl have to return/rebuy, but I'm not sure. The other person was able to edit their order easily because it hadn't been delivered yet. Either way Apple is pretty accommodating if you're within the return window it won't be too much of a PITA to get it.
Nov 10, 2013
57 posts
73 upvotes
Calgary
keyskiee09 wrote: Thanks OP! My daughter (10 years old) been wanting ipad pro for her drawing likes. She's really good at drawing and she's enjoying it so much, BUT dont know if i can afford it. :(

Tried adding ipad pro and airpods pro total came out $1420. Wow! Early birthday gift for her. Hmmm
That's an incredible birthday gift
Dec 6, 2009
168 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, i bought a 2020 Ipad Pro on 20 May. Deal masters here, is there a way I can still get in on this deal? I think my return period from the Apple store is 2 weeks?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5094 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
N8Magic wrote: Back to school sale? In mid-June?

#COVIDthings
Some campuses are starting up faster due to condensed spring term in the US.

Now to see if Microsoft will follow suit and offer better pricing on Surface line.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5094 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
moomoosaurus wrote: Damn, i bought a 2020 Ipad Pro on 20 May. Deal masters here, is there a way I can still get in on this deal? I think my return period from the Apple store is 2 weeks?
Wait for the physical stores to open and ask them.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1044 posts
839 upvotes
Surrey
rebel_rfd wrote: Some campuses are starting up faster due to condensed spring term in the US.

Now to see if Microsoft will follow suit and offer better pricing on Surface line.
AFAIK, all campuses in BC aren’t going to be opening up for a while (next year at the earliest I believe). Not sure what the heck a province with so many more cases like Ontario is thinking.
Last edited by henrik112 on Jun 15th, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 8, 2008
506 posts
579 upvotes
htp1498 wrote: is the entry macbook air any good? or i need the pro?
The "next step up" MacBook Air is a significant upgrade - going from the dual-core processor to the quad-core is a major difference and will help with the laptop's longevity. It's $400 but well worth considering.

Between the quad-core Air and entry-level Pro, it comes down to your usage. If you do things that require sustained CPU usage at all, the Pro will serve you better as it has a cooling system that has more hope of keeping up with those workloads. Otherwise, the Air has twice the SSD storage at that price, and is marginally thinner/lighter.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9306 posts
56646 upvotes
Ontario
MuffinHombre wrote: Upgrade to Airpods Pro is a no brainer + edu pricing + aeroplan 7x!!
Where is the edu link? Everyone can use it?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14270 posts
5480 upvotes
Ottawa
Thatdealguy wrote: Where is the edu link? Everyone can use it?
OP posted it
https://www.apple.com/ca_edu_93120/shop/back-to-school

It's an honor system. They don't check
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Aug 24, 2018
589 posts
814 upvotes
Langley BC
Time to check and see when I purchased my Ipad air from costco. I really hope its within the 90 days because that thing is going back.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Dec 6, 2009
168 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
I’m in Montreal, it’s not opening anytime soon sadly. I will call and ask, but I was hoping some deal guru here who knows the system can suggest a way of doing this that gives me a better chance of getting this deal.

rebel_rfd wrote: Wait for the physical stores to open and ask them.
Jul 9, 2019
109 posts
386 upvotes
htp1498 wrote: is the entry macbook air any good? or i need the pro?
Air is really good performance wise, heck it scores more than MBP 16 in single core geekbench as it got 10th gen CPU with LPDDR4 RAM. Issue is cooling solution, fan is not placed right atop on heatsinks. So it runs kinda hot all the time.

Pro has 2 tiers, cheaper one is basically last gen MBP13 with upgraded keyboard. No performance gains, still running 8th gen CPU with LPDDR3. Expensive one is really nice but price wise is so close to MBP 16.
Nov 3, 2006
227 posts
128 upvotes
keyskiee09 wrote: Thanks OP! My daughter (10 years old) been wanting ipad pro for her drawing likes. She's really good at drawing and she's enjoying it so much, BUT dont know if i can afford it. :(

Tried adding ipad pro and airpods pro total came out $1420. Wow! Early birthday gift for her. Hmmm
Why not get her the regular iPad + Apple Pencil 1? I can't imagine a situation where a 10 year old would need the power of an iPad Pro