Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Apr 24, 2018
100 posts
109 upvotes
Ontario
Looking to buy Airpod Pros. Located in Brampton. PM offers
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1235 posts
614 upvotes
tinybullet wrote: People who placed order during the Aeroplan 7x offer, have your iPad pros shipped yet?
I received my airpod pros about a week ago and a macbook air shortly after but still no aeroplan miles.
Last edited by CantMissADeal on Jul 1st, 2020 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 29, 2009
205 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal, QC
My iPad Pro shipped as well, coming fresh from China.
[OP]
Jan 12, 2020
493 posts
753 upvotes
romeoz wrote: More details in my UPS tracking, its coming from china?? wtf lol.
oscar1999 wrote: Wait are you surprised it's coming from China ...?
The 1970's called. They want their supply chain management back. ;)
Dec 28, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
GTA
Bought my iPad Pro with AirPod Pro yesterday. Selected in store pickup at Square One in Mississauga. No student I’d required just a drivers license to validate I was the right person picking up. Thank you OP and others for the info in this thread.
Feb 27, 2009
138 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
I bought ipad air 3 with airpod pro yesterday. Was wondering if ipad air is worth $700 plus
Its for 10 year old
Jun 18, 2015
532 posts
810 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Premium wrote: What happens if you buy the iPad or Macbook and then want to return the Airpods? Do you get full price back or just partial? Not that I did that, I sold mine at Kijiji at 30% loss. The buyer asked why didn't I return it. I said I got it from the Apple promo but I was wondering the same too.
You get full price back for the AirPods AND $100 Apple gift card.
Aug 23, 2014
375 posts
209 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
if I want to upgrade the airpods and pay the difference, can i just do that or I have to return everything, the ipad and the airpods and place a new order?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14564 posts
5754 upvotes
Ottawa
sorrowt wrote: if I want to upgrade the airpods and pay the difference, can i just do that or I have to return everything, the ipad and the airpods and place a new order?
you should be able to return just the airpods and pay the difference

The Canadian Policy is similar to the US one I found here https://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/EN_US_B ... TandCs.pdf
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14564 posts
5754 upvotes
Ottawa
Most people aren't as savvy as RFD'ers who got a Staples PM with $20 coupon. So I would say $180 is the minimum I would try unload it for. Of course, fair market value might drop a bit if people are flooding the market with these.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jun 28, 2013
179 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
For anyone who has the airpod pro and a Android device, DO NOT update the firmware. Apparently it can mess up the Bluetooth volume settings.

Got the pro from my gf who ordered a MacBook pro. Thanks for this thread @Goodking
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1330 posts
169 upvotes
randyxrandy wrote: For anyone who has the airpod pro and a Android device, DO NOT update the firmware. Apparently it can mess up the Bluetooth volume settings.
You need an iPhone to update the Airpods though, right?
Aug 23, 2014
375 posts
209 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
What do you think a fair price for the Airpods Pro would be?
Mar 21, 2020
1 posts
Anyone got theirs shipped yet? I ordered a 12.9" iPad Pro 256gb 30 minutes after the promo went live but still stuck on processing. I've seen other people who have ordered the 11" Pro have theirs shipped earlier in the week
Jun 28, 2013
179 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
shadowslaya wrote: You need an iPhone to update the Airpods though, right?
Yeah you can use any iOS device to pair it and it'll update automatically (mom's iphone).

Just letting others be aware of the issues of using airpods with android. I use a Pixel 2XL for example.

Otherwise pretty good headphones with ANC!
Jun 28, 2013
179 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
sorrowt wrote: What do you think a fair price for the Airpods Pro would be?
There was a thread for $300 at staples, anything around there would be a good deal for brand new airpod pro!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1001 posts
567 upvotes
London, On
eekaerf831 wrote: Just thought I'd share my DP: Placed order on the 18th, I received the airpods on the 26th (shipped from China) and the Macbook Air yesterday (from China as well). I purchased these during the Aeroplan 7x bonus and the base points just posted on Aeroplan, fingers crossed the 7x bonus points will be posted soon.
We are basically the same timeline. Ordered on the 18th. Airpods arrived on the 24th, and Macbook on the 29th. My daughter got the email on Friday the 26th that the Macbook shipped and it was here Monday morning so I'm guessing it didn't ship from China direct to us lol. I never tracked it though.