Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Newbie
Oct 20, 2018
46 posts
28 upvotes
Is this only for students? Anyway to get student pricing without being in uni/college?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14192 posts
5390 upvotes
Ottawa
dinostars wrote: Why not get her the regular iPad + Apple Pencil 1? I can't imagine a situation where a 10 year old would need the power of an iPad Pro
his total indicates he wants to get the 12.9 it seems.

12.9 is definitely nicer for drawing. The Pros are more responsive for drawing than the regular ones.

You only live once?
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jr. Member
Jun 6, 2017
156 posts
80 upvotes
keyskiee09 wrote: Thanks OP! My daughter (10 years old) been wanting ipad pro for her drawing likes. She's really good at drawing and she's enjoying it so much, BUT dont know if i can afford it. :(

Tried adding ipad pro and airpods pro total came out $1420. Wow! Early birthday gift for her. Hmmm
Consider refurb iPad Pro 10.5" for $500 + Apple Pencil 1. Probably half the price with taxes. Can't imagine 10-year-old would see any benefit from the 2018 or 2020 Pro.
Last edited by tsx612 on Jun 15th, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2012
985 posts
801 upvotes
Surrey
dinostars wrote: Why not get her the regular iPad + Apple Pencil 1? I can't imagine a situation where a 10 year old would need the power of an iPad Pro
iPad Air should be good enough for her imo. You still get the Airpods with that.
Newbie
Jun 14, 2020
3 posts
Should had promotions for Airpods without buying mac or ipad.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1639 posts
489 upvotes
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with previous offers buying AppleCare as a standalone item.

I have a refurbished iPad Pro that I'm considering buying AppleCare for (in part because I also have the Apple-branded keyboard and an Apple Pencil, all covered under the same plan), but I see it at $149 and not 20% off. Wondering if that savings is only applied if bought at the same time as the iPad through this deal.
Member
Jun 14, 2017
252 posts
172 upvotes
Montreal
Sephora wrote: I'm wondering if anyone has experience with previous offers buying AppleCare as a standalone item.

I have a refurbished iPad Pro that I'm considering buying AppleCare for (in part because I also have the Apple-branded keyboard and an Apple Pencil, all covered under the same plan), but I see it at $149 and not 20% off. Wondering if that savings is only applied if bought at the same time as the iPad through this deal.
I went through this exact thing with apple last year and it's only at time of purchase.
Member
Nov 3, 2006
226 posts
128 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: iPad Air should be good enough for her imo. You still get the Airpods with that.
If cost is a concern and their daughter only wants to draw then the regular iPad is more than enough. There's a $220 difference between the base iPad and iPad Air, that's more than enough to pay for the pencil and a case
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1639 posts
489 upvotes
bman95 wrote: I went through this exact thing with apple last year and it's only at time of purchase.
Got it, thanks for the quick response!
Member
Dec 11, 2012
238 posts
105 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I've ordered a MacBook Pro-13 on June 9th via Apple student store, called Apple today and mentioned the Airpods Offer and they added it to my order without any issues Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes👌🏻
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2015
505 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto, ON
greenteal1 wrote: Anyone ever been audited though or have issues?
Yeah my cousin was audited by the Apple police and spent the weekend in jail and fined!!!
Newbie
Oct 29, 2012
75 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
winenaught88 wrote: Yeah my cousin was audited by the Apple police and spent the weekend in jail and fined!!!
Har har. Upside-down Face
Jr. Member
Dec 31, 2012
159 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
winenaught88 wrote: Yeah my cousin was audited by the Apple police and spent the weekend in jail and fined!!!
Let me guess... for dinner they were fed apples!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5911 posts
5127 upvotes
I see it says you can save 20% off AppleCare+, I'm guessing that's only available for the device at the time of purchase?

I just paid the $120 for AppleCare+ got my SE² last night 🤷🏻‍♂️

Top