Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4694 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
a16107 wrote: It is available to download now?? I am still using Cataline and feel smooth overall for 2012 air.

but I will upgrade to 2020 Macbook Air and try to sell my 2012 Macbook air for cheap haha
beta edition、 I heard Catalina only works on 2013 air after.
Nov 20, 2019
40 posts
10 upvotes
Why APPLE still don’t open stores in Mississauga or Toronto?
Jul 9, 2017
69 posts
56 upvotes
iPad Air 3 arrived earlier today after ordering on June 15th! (Ottawa)
Dec 19, 2010
763 posts
227 upvotes
Dilemma- after ordering an MBP i5 quad core with 16GB/512GB, I chickened out following the ARM announcement and ordered the i5 MBA with 16GB/512GB. The MBP just arrived - still in the box - and the MBA arrives mid July. Ideally I would’ve liked to have both on hand to try them out but will need to return the MBP within the return window before the MBA arrives.

The laptop is for my wife’s small business and her use case is primarily- MS Office, mainly Outlook which is always running (very large Outlook data file) and Word, PowerPoint, lots of tabs open in Safari (20+ tabs, browsing, YouTube, Social media), the odd light graphics work (not intensive).

My logic was the MBP would give her headroom and future proofing but the ARM announcement changed that view. I still believe once the laptop is working for her needs, ARM or not, she won’t be changing the laptop for a minimum of 5 years. And the software she uses is straightforward enough that she’s not concerned that it will be unusable when ARM machines are out.

Given the above, I decided to look at the MBA i5 but upgraded with 16GB for some future proofing (again she will keep the machine 5+ years). I’ve heard of some heating issues but her use case doesn’t strike me as something that will tax the system. The fact that it has no touchbar and static function keys and is $500 cheaper are added benefits.

The $500 isn’t a major concern and she doesn’t mind spending the extra $ if the MBP is better for her purposes and will be better in the long term. Given all this, would you go with the Quad core i5 MBP or quad core i5 MBA?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9824 posts
5856 upvotes
callmebob wrote: Dilemma- after ordering an MBP i5 quad core with 16GB/512GB, I chickened out following the ARM announcement and ordered the i5 MBA with 16GB/512GB. The MBP just arrived - still in the box - and the MBA arrives mid July. Ideally I would’ve liked to have both on hand to try them out but will need to return the MBP within the return window before the MBA arrives.

The laptop is for my wife’s small business and her use case is primarily- MS Office, mainly Outlook which is always running (very large Outlook data file) and Word, PowerPoint, lots of tabs open in Safari (20+ tabs, browsing, YouTube, Social media), the odd light graphics work (not intensive).

My logic was the MBP would give her headroom and future proofing but the ARM announcement changed that view. I still believe once the laptop is working for her needs, ARM or not, she won’t be changing the laptop for a minimum of 5 years. And the software she uses is straightforward enough that she’s not concerned that it will be unusable when ARM machines are out.

Given the above, I decided to look at the MBA i5 but upgraded with 16GB for some future proofing (again she will keep the machine 5+ years). I’ve heard of some heating issues but her use case doesn’t strike me as something that will tax the system. The fact that it has no touchbar and static function keys and is $500 cheaper are added benefits.

The $500 isn’t a major concern and she doesn’t mind spending the extra $ if the MBP is better for her purposes and will be better in the long term. Given all this, would you go with the Quad core i5 MBP or quad core i5 MBA?
Go with the MBP. Applications are not taxing now for her use cases, but if you're to use it till it dies, then you might also want to expect the processor headroom will be utilized in future software updates (more features, more complex websites...etc).
Nov 2, 2015
965 posts
400 upvotes
Markham
What so special for ARM vs Intel for normal user in 5-7 years ?

Mostly Internet, redflagdeal, Youtube, business,,basic photo/video editing, basic coding etc
Dec 12, 2016
61 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if its possible to change online order into in store pick up? My AirPod Pro’s already came yesterday but the iPad Pro is still processing (ETA July 7-14). I think Markville has them in stock.
Apr 5, 2019
37 posts
7 upvotes
Placed order iPad Pro 11 with free AirPods, was charged $247 on credit card. Can someone explain the partial charge?
Dec 6, 2009
163 posts
72 upvotes
Montreal
For the Ipad Pros, anyone experiencing really slow ship out times? It’s been 10 days since I ordered online and it’s still in the processing stage, not even close to shipping. Expected arrival is mid July to 20 July, so I know this might be normal, but it’s not a new device, what’s taking so long.

The option to pick up from store just appeared today as the stores in Montreal are open today, could i change my order to store pickup? I’m just worried to pick it up in store since I got the student discount, and i’m not a student (I’m a monster I know).
Oct 14, 2017
891 posts
715 upvotes
moh786 wrote: Placed order iPad Pro 11 with free AirPods, was charged $247 on credit card. Can someone explain the partial charge?
You pay for the AirPods first. The $247 is deducted form the price of the iPad Pro 11 (it should show on your confirmation).
Nov 3, 2006
226 posts
128 upvotes
moomoosaurus wrote: For the Ipad Pros, anyone experiencing really slow ship out times? It’s been 10 days since I ordered online and it’s still in the processing stage, not even close to shipping. Expected arrival is mid July to 20 July, so I know this might be normal, but it’s not a new device, what’s taking so long.

The option to pick up from store just appeared today as the stores in Montreal are open today, could i change my order to store pickup? I’m just worried to pick it up in store since I got the student discount, and i’m not a student (I’m a monster I know).

This a very popular promotion, hence the delayed ship times. You could try in-store pickup but there's a good chance they'll ask for some kind of verification. Depending on how old you are, you could claim to be the parent of a student? Not sure if they ask for anything in that case
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10231 posts
1365 upvotes
a16107 wrote: What so special for ARM vs Intel for normal user in 5-7 years ?

Mostly Internet, redflagdeal, Youtube, business,,basic photo/video editing, basic coding etc
well... let me give you the absolute best case.

it will give you.

1.way higher performance than what you get with current i7 or i9
2. way longer battery life (maybe 20 hours)
3. maybe it will give you touchscreen, to better interact with all the ios apps

that's the dream, but who knows, you could get 1 or 2 or 0 this year...
Mar 16, 2015
50 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
tsx612 wrote: AirPods probably. Then charged iPad cost minus cost of AirPods later
What's the logic behind this? Can't someone return the Airpods and get the money back in this case technically cuz people are getting charged for the airpods?

I'm just lowkey worried that I might not get all the aeroplan points cuz of the multiple transactions, but imma follow up manually if I dont.
another one.