Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 3:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9807 posts
5841 upvotes
Hyphy wrote: how is hackintosh these days? worth the trouble?
They're good. Go with OpenCore and Ryzen.
Mar 13, 2010
426 posts
121 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Got my iPad Air today after ordering on Monday. My first apple product in over 12 years lol been mostly all android but I must say I’m liking it so far. Was going to buy a Samsung tablet but glad I went with this promo instead!
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1470 posts
881 upvotes
Simran2427 wrote: Why APPLE still don’t open stores in Mississauga or Toronto?
there are multiple Apple stores in Mississauga and Toronto
Nov 20, 2019
40 posts
10 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote: there are multiple Apple stores in Mississauga and Toronto
My question was when they gonna open?
Aug 29, 2011
111 posts
73 upvotes
Ontario
kingofwale wrote: Alright.. got my MBP 10th Gen, 16GB, 1TB. $3100 with applecare. here is my mini review:

Pro:
*Much better keyboard than my old 2015 mb
*some unique uses of touchbar, especially with first party app
*finally more ports so i don't have to pray that my time machine will drain my battery
*battery seems to be pretty good so far
*build quality you expect from apple

Con
*horrible gaming performance. I got 10th gen because i thought i'd play some casual games. first game loaded "Heroes of the Storm" 5 year old title with 1440x900 at Medium. the game is not playable when there is a teamfight. I see FPS dip under 15.... I was too afraid to boot up overwatch at this point. Now i know "mac isn't for games". but i didn't expect it to be this bad....

so...... it's going back. for 3K, i could get gaming rig and a cheap mba (or wait for ARM). Come on Apple, get your act together.
This is the model with the AMD Radeon Pro 5600M ? or the Intel Iris Plus Graphics because that would make a difference.

A fairly recent option is to accept the weak Intel Iris graphics card and get an external thunderbolt 3 graphics card if you don't need to be mobile when playing.

In fact, your 2015 may already support this:

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/quest ... UTPAACYX72

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/macbook-p ... -box-1080/
Nov 20, 2019
40 posts
10 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Thought you asked "why"...
I am waiting for stores to open in Mississauga area So that I can return Reburfished iPad pro 10.5 bought in March end?
New ipad pro 2020 already ordered.
Jan 29, 2007
656 posts
87 upvotes
Simran2427 wrote: I am waiting for stores to open in Mississauga area So that I can return Reburfished iPad pro 10.5 bought in March end?
New ipad pro 2020 already ordered.
Can you still return that iPad? Won’t they ask why you did not mail it back?
TIA
Nov 20, 2019
40 posts
10 upvotes
sujat wrote: Can you still return that iPad? Won’t they ask why you did not mail it back?
TIA
All Apple stores have 15 day return Policy ,when stores are open after pandemic.
Apr 4, 2007
185 posts
115 upvotes
yvr
LadiesFromHouston wrote: Ordered a macbook pro on the 29th.. should I bother calling Apple?
I ordered a Pro on May 3; delivered on May 20. I called they first day of this promo and they put in a request to a manager for an "appeasement." Didn't hear back... AirPods were delivered yesterday. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 29, 2009
178 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I ordered iPad Pro around June 15th, due to be delivered in mid July. AirPods to be delivered today.... very slow.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1260 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
duren11 wrote: This is the model with the AMD Radeon Pro 5600M ? or the Intel Iris Plus Graphics because that would make a difference.

A fairly recent option is to accept the weak Intel Iris graphics card and get an external thunderbolt 3 graphics card if you don't need to be mobile when playing.

In fact, your 2015 may already support this:

https://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/quest ... UTPAACYX72

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/macbook-p ... -box-1080/
10th gen is the 13” mbp
May 10, 2015
252 posts
161 upvotes
Orillia, ON
kingofwale wrote: Alright.. got my MBP 10th Gen, 16GB, 1TB. $3100 with applecare. here is my mini review:

Pro:
*Much better keyboard than my old 2015 mb
*some unique uses of touchbar, especially with first party app
*finally more ports so i don't have to pray that my time machine will drain my battery
*battery seems to be pretty good so far
*build quality you expect from apple

Con
*horrible gaming performance. I got 10th gen because i thought i'd play some casual games. first game loaded "Heroes of the Storm" 5 year old title with 1440x900 at Medium. the game is not playable when there is a teamfight. I see FPS dip under 15.... I was too afraid to boot up overwatch at this point. Now i know "mac isn't for games". but i didn't expect it to be this bad....

so...... it's going back. for 3K, i could get gaming rig and a cheap mba (or wait for ARM). Come on Apple, get your act together.
Hey that sucks it didn’t turn out how you expected. I received a mbp 16 with the 5500m a couple days ago. One of the perks of these intel macs still is you can dual boot windows. Gaming under Mac OS X sucks. I installed xcom 2 right away since it runs in either Mac or windows. 1440x900 frame rate, and wasn’t totally smooth. I installed a copy of windows 10 and booted into that and installed xcom 2. Running at max resolution and medium/high graphics and it looks and runs amazing. So, it’s a fantastic gaming laptop if you run games in windows. Also tried a few other titles and same result. Way higher res and details in windows. Oh and btw the chip in it is 9th gen, 10th hasn’t been released yet but won’t be much different in this model based on its power required.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10227 posts
1360 upvotes
ryawesome wrote: Hey that sucks it didn’t turn out how you expected. I received a mbp 16 with the 5500m a couple days ago. One of the perks of these intel macs still is you can dual boot windows. Gaming under Mac OS X sucks. I installed xcom 2 right away since it runs in either Mac or windows. 1440x900 frame rate, and wasn’t totally smooth. I installed a copy of windows 10 and booted into that and installed xcom 2. Running at max resolution and medium/high graphics and it looks and runs amazing. So, it’s a fantastic gaming laptop if you run games in windows. Also tried a few other titles and same result. Way higher res and details in windows. Oh and btw the chip in it is 9th gen, 10th hasn’t been released yet but won’t be much different in this model based on its power required.
i've definitely considered mbp16. but having previous experience owning a MBP17. that kind of sizing just isn't for me anymore. Same goes for bootcamp. It's definitely an option (same goes for external gpu), but i game so rarely and only play 1 game exclusively. It's just such a shame that the best intel iris chips can't power a 5 yr old moba on macOS.

I'm going to try to test it again with turbo boost turned off. see if that stablizes it. If not, it's going back to Apple and i will wait for ARM