Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Apr 5, 2019
39 posts
7 upvotes
Looking for iPad Pro 11 protective case For kids use any recommendations?
Dec 19, 2010
797 posts
254 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: any one can suggest clear case that fits 2020 MacBook Pro ? most on amazon only support 2019 and not 2020 which is slightly thicker because if new magic keyboard
I'm in the same boat, doesn't look like amazon has many 2020 MBP cases yet.
Oct 29, 2009
183 posts
80 upvotes
Montreal, QC
linskinhell wrote: is the free air pods for iPad / mac still on ? I just checked apple website, don't see the option to add the free air pods to our checkout bag. Did anyone try it today ?
still active, you have to do to the education store.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14284 posts
5490 upvotes
Ottawa
moh786 wrote: Looking for iPad Pro 11 protective case For kids use any recommendations?
these look pretty beefy
https://www.amazon.ca/Poetic-TurtleSkin ... B086BRVCDC

With screen protector
https://www.amazon.ca/Poetic-Revolution ... B0868Z8VF9
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sep 3, 2009
695 posts
378 upvotes
Calgary
I was going to order a iPad with Airpods pro, but the Airpods ship right away and the iPad ships in a month. In case I need to return the iPad in Aug, I already own the Airpods for over a month, is it going to be a problem?
Dec 19, 2010
797 posts
254 upvotes
puzokumar wrote: call Microsoft support and explain that you bought a new computer and your previous license from the old MBP is not working on the new one. Might have to try two or three customer service reps. act absolutely dumb saying you don't know how or where the key is because the previous software came with the last mac you bought.

they will do few checks and get you a new Key for 64bit with a download link. Viola .. You just got free MS Office !!!
Called Microsoft but as I was on Office 2011 on my old MBP and 32 bit apps don’t work on Catalina, the support rep basically said I can either downgrade the macOS to High Sierra or buy a new copy of Office since 2011 is no longer supported. It was worth a shot, but I just got Office 365 subscription instead. I got a discount through the HUP program through my employer at $55/year so it’s better than paying full price.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1081 posts
744 upvotes
Does anyone know if you can price match this promo at bestbuy?
Dec 13, 2010
42 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria
I received the Aeroplan points today for the Apple iPad + AirPods Pro purchase, but it is only 1x. I purchased on June 16th 2:00AM PST, so it should be well within the 7x deal window. Anyone have the same problem?

Anyone have experience contacting Aeroplan to fix point mismatches?
Last edited by MrAndrewAu on Jun 28th, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2010
996 posts
286 upvotes
Edmonton
MrAndrewAu wrote: I received the Aeroplan points today for the Apple iPad + AirPods Pro purchase, but it is only 1x. I purchased on June 16th 2:00AM, so it should be well within the 7x deal window. Anyone have the same problem?

Anyone have experience contacting Aeroplan to fix point mismatches?
Interesting... I just checked and I got 7x the miles, but it seems like the amount was only for the AirPods (which shipped well before the Mac). I'll have to keep an eye on it
Oct 29, 2009
183 posts
80 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Trav wrote: Interesting... I just checked and I got 7x the miles, but it seems like the amount was only for the AirPods (which shipped well before the Mac). I'll have to keep an eye on it
Same I have 2303 pts which is 329 x 7. I’m gonna wait until iPad is shipped.
Apr 19, 2019
78 posts
30 upvotes
Trav wrote: Interesting... I just checked and I got 7x the miles, but it seems like the amount was only for the AirPods (which shipped well before the Mac). I'll have to keep an eye on it
tinybullet wrote: Same I have 2303 pts which is 329 x 7. I’m gonna wait until iPad is shipped.
same here, 1533 (7*219), MBA points missing...
Dec 13, 2010
42 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks. Looks like you guys are ok.

I got 1320 Aeroplan points. Total value of purchase before tax was $1318 (iPad Pro 11 + Airpods Pro + Apple TV 4k). I used the aeroplan points link.

Going to have to contact them. Sigh
Mar 15, 2010
631 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
callmebob wrote: I'm in the same boat, doesn't look like amazon has many 2020 MBP cases yet.
Even Apple doesn't have it (Not even $99 Case is for 2020)
Am I the only one looking for case for Macbook 2020 :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2186 posts
469 upvotes
Red Deer
callmebob wrote: Called Microsoft but as I was on Office 2011 on my old MBP and 32 bit apps don’t work on Catalina, the support rep basically said I can either downgrade the macOS to High Sierra or buy a new copy of Office since 2011 is no longer supported. It was worth a shot, but I just got Office 365 subscription instead. I got a discount through the HUP program through my employer at $55/year so it’s better than paying full price.
You should have checked to see if you get O365 through work for free. We previously got MSFT HUP but when we switched to O365, every employee got it automatically for free.

And with that you go to office.com at home and sign in with your work email, it then allows you to install all the latest office apps on all your personal devices (iOS, Android, Windows and macOS).