Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Sep 16, 2012
625 posts
444 upvotes
GTA/London
Gtaphotog wrote: I see it says you can save 20% off AppleCare+, I'm guessing that's only available for the device at the time of purchase?

I just paid the $120 for AppleCare+ got my SE² last night 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes. The iPhones are also never part of the education promos.
💳: Amex Pers Plat, Scotia Amex Gold, Rogers WE, CTFS WE, Brim WE
Sep 12, 2006
924 posts
53 upvotes
Im here for some airpod pro's whoever is selling BNIB please DM me. Thanks !
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2786 posts
1326 upvotes
Sudbury
Too bad you can't save 20% on the Apple Pencil without having to buy the iPad.

Need an Apple Pencil Gen 2
Jul 19, 2008
39 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
bigtuna99 wrote: Anyone have experience getting them to add this offer to an existing purchase? Family member just ordered a Mac the other day, hasn't even arrived yet. Would like to avoid the hassle of returning and repurchasing if they'll just send the headphones separately.
I can report that I just got off the phone with Apple and mentioned how I'd ordered an iPad Pro on June 5th (now shipped, to be delivered late this week) and confirm that they WILL be sending me a set of AirPods with charging case! She didn't offer me the Pros, however. So if you recently placed an order definitely call and ask. I will also be adding Apple Care at 20% off.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5089 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
carsncars wrote: The "next step up" MacBook Air is a significant upgrade - going from the dual-core processor to the quad-core is a major difference and will help with the laptop's longevity. It's $400 but well worth considering.

Between the quad-core Air and entry-level Pro, it comes down to your usage. If you do things that require sustained CPU usage at all, the Pro will serve you better as it has a cooling system that has more hope of keeping up with those workloads. Otherwise, the Air has twice the SSD storage at that price, and is marginally thinner/lighter.
Or you can remove the case cover on the MacBook Air and add a copper shim.

Apple purposely removed contact with the heat pipe on the AIr to persevere the 13” Pros.

There’s a whole thread on MacRumors with folks adding copper shims to dramatically improve the cooling performance on the i5/I7 MacBook Airs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5911 posts
5127 upvotes
DaveProductions wrote: Yes. The iPhones are also never part of the education promos.
I don't feel too bad then as I still had a couple weeks left to decide on adding it.

The new iPads do look enticing though, gotta do some research on the Pro vs the Air for photography and social networking.
Dec 9, 2013
457 posts
220 upvotes
Surrey
CalemC90036 wrote: Is this only for students? Anyway to get student pricing without being in uni/college?
This is a great question, anybody have answer to this?
Can't anybody just use the online link and buy it? (Would like to buy it as a gift for nephew)
May 3, 2015
105 posts
20 upvotes
BC
Still wondering how long this offer will be for.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5089 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote: I don't feel too bad then as I still had a couple weeks left to decide on adding it.

The new iPads do look enticing though, gotta do some research on the Pro vs the Air for photography and social networking.
For Lightroom and Photoshop work (not a lot of layers) the Air is more than enough.
Video work won’t happen on the Air.
Aug 21, 2013
173 posts
95 upvotes
Wait who the hell is going back to school? COVID lifted?
Oct 14, 2017
897 posts
717 upvotes
yondaime604 wrote: This is a great question, anybody have answer to this?
Can't anybody just use the online link and buy it? (Would like to buy it as a gift for nephew)
It's basically on the honour system. They do limit it to a certain number of devices per year.
Desktop: One (1) may be purchased per year
iPad: Two (2) may be purchased per year
Oct 14, 2017
897 posts
717 upvotes
Brewsky wrote: Wait who the hell is going back to school? COVID lifted?
University classes are still running and at least for my school some smaller classes will be in person (eg. labs etc.)
Nov 30, 2017
176 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Shame, already ordered iPad Air on May 22nd, delivered last week. Would have loved to get the AirPods too as I'm now shopping for a deal on them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5911 posts
5127 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: For Lightroom and Photoshop work (not a lot of layers) the Air is more than enough.
Video work won’t happen on the Air.
Does the Pencil work on the Air?

What happened to the Pro 3rd gen?
The various version get me really confused with their lineup.

I honestly rather add 3 more shares of Apple Stock to my portfolio then buy an iPad Pro, that price is ridiculous.

Currently for mobile work I have a SP6 and Tab A 10.1, the Surface is an incredible device but the Tab A is slower than a Galaxy S3 phone from a decade ago it makes no sense.

Knowing Apple's software and hardware optimization I doubt I'd need anything powerful to do the light editing and social media posting I'm trying to do, right now I'm using my SE² for that instead of my Note 10+ because iOS has the superior version of the apps I use.
Jun 15, 2010
387 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best way to get a Mac mini? Looks like that's excluded from this promotion.