Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Newbie
May 6, 2018
35 posts
19 upvotes
DYJ wrote: If you are going to get it, just get it today so you don’t miss the deal.

Personally I’d do the pro. It’ll last longer and it’s better built throughout.
I was hoping for a air miles promo on the 12th for thanksgiving but I guess it's not worth losing out on the free airpods. Thanks for the advice!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2310 posts
897 upvotes
Never used any original airpods but will say I love the airpod pros that came with my mb16. Theyre so good my wife basically took them from me. I ended up getting powerbeats pro for myself but wish I'd just gotten a second pair of airpod pros instead.
Sr. Member
Nov 21, 2007
561 posts
68 upvotes
gv9177 wrote: I was hoping for a air miles promo on the 12th for thanksgiving but I guess it's not worth losing out on the free airpods. Thanks for the advice!
Live by the rfd rule, buy first decide later. You can always return if the deal is better...
Newbie
Sep 8, 2014
33 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wilson881 wrote: Thanks! hopefully i hear back next week
You might have to follow-up on their reply as I only received the base 15 pts/dollar. But once a CSR is assigned to the ticket, I feel replies come much quicker. Was expecting to have to wait another week after pointing out that I should’ve received 75 pts/dollar but ended up getting the adjustment within the hour.
Member
Jan 22, 2003
249 posts
145 upvotes
Still on. Got mine in under the wire... may be based on PDT though.
Member
Mar 31, 2020
208 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Have a friend who's looking for AirPods/AirPod Pro (slight preference for Pros; but still having options open). Anyone here selling them?

Thank you.
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2040 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
EddieLeMayn wrote: To people inquiring about returning the AirPods, I had no problem doing so over the phone.

EDIT: *returning them for a full refund ie $379 or so after tax
This was for the Pros or regular AirPods?
Newbie
Dec 25, 2007
35 posts
13 upvotes
if received the AirPods earlier than MacBook Air, should I need to return AirPods within 15 days even before receive MacBook Air? Or 15 days after receive the MacBook Air?
Jr. Member
Jun 21, 2011
140 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
matix33 wrote: if received the AirPods earlier than MacBook Air, should I need to return AirPods within 15 days even before receive MacBook Air? Or 15 days after receive the MacBook Air?
Best to ask Apple support, but return periodic should align to last item received.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2012
721 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
I just noticed that Costco has app store & itunes gift cards on sale, 16% off if you go with the most expensive one:
Gift card

Is it possible to use the cards for this deal? They still haven't charged my cc, the order is processing, I understand that it's not an Apple store card, but I heard they are going to (or already) combine those different cards
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
2410 posts
1101 upvotes
Edmonton
Dennisrfd wrote: I just noticed that Costco has app store & itunes gift cards on sale, 16% off if you go with the most expensive one:
Gift card

Is it possible to use the cards for this deal? They still haven't charged my cc, the order is processing, I understand that it's not an Apple store card, but I heard they are going to (or already) combine those different cards
It's for iTunes and apps, been that price like eons ago....please share your "I heard" source. But if it were true don't you think everyone would have bought these first and buy apple computers??

Ps..this deal is dead
Sr. Member
Sep 28, 2011
534 posts
182 upvotes
Alberta
frankmp wrote: Thx for source. Great if it's ever available in Canada...
It's kind of silly that it isn't worldwide by now...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
Did anyone get the iPad Pro 12.9" with a bright spot? Mine comes with a bright spot about 1.5" below the face ID sensor.

From my experience with an LG phone, if a bright spot appears, it doesn't go away. Does anyone one had a bright spot on an iPad Pro that goes away on its own?

I chat with an Apple rep, and they said it would have to be inspected by a technician and repaired if necessary.
Disappointed for a brand new product.
Member
Nov 6, 2014
451 posts
351 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Fllay wrote: Did anyone get the iPad Pro 12.9" with a bright spot? Mine comes with a bright spot about 1.5" below the face ID sensor.

From my experience with an LG phone, if a bright spot appears, it doesn't go away. Does anyone one had a bright spot on an iPad Pro that goes away on its own?

I chat with an Apple rep, and they said it would have to be inspected by a technician and repaired if necessary.
Disappointed for a brand new product.
Maybe not common but actually often reported if you Google it and also some note here on RFD in this discussion BestBuy deal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2004
1082 posts
199 upvotes
PACIFIC
Bluiis48 wrote: Maybe not common but actually often reported if you Google it and also some note here on RFD in this discussion BestBuy deal.
Thanks, I thought it was sorted out for 2020 model. I'm surprised their rep trying to talk me into getting it repaired under warranty for few days old item.
Guess it's like buying a lottery for every item. Just never had an issue with Apple product before.
Member
Nov 6, 2014
451 posts
351 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Fllay wrote: Thanks, I thought it was sorted out for 2020 model. I'm surprised their rep trying to talk me into getting it repaired under warranty for few days old item.
Guess it's like buying a lottery for every item. Just never had an issue with Apple product before.
Have the 11” coming Tuesday, fingers crossed, yes they should have it sorted, totally new design. Most interesting thought I read was battery expansion causing it.
Sr. Member
Sep 28, 2011
534 posts
182 upvotes
Alberta
Bluiis48 wrote: Have the 11” coming Tuesday, fingers crossed, yes they should have it sorted, totally new design. Most interesting thought I read was battery expansion causing it.
Got my 11” a week ago and no bright spot.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2040 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting for my iPad Pro 11 to arrive...another week and a half.

Just curious, if I return the iPad (thinking of going with the Air 4), do I need to return the AirPods too?

I spoke to an Apple specialist on the phone, and I was confused with her saying something about just keep the AirPods based on how they invoice.
I was expect they would simply credit me the cost of the iPad less $219 for the AirPod.

Top