Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple 2020 Back To School Promotion - Free AirPods with eligible Mac or iPad - can upgrade to AirPods Pro!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:05 pm
Sep 28, 2011
491 posts
173 upvotes
Alberta
geokilla wrote: Any possibility of the new iPad Air being available with this back to school promotion? I doubt it since Apple probably won't sell it for at least another week right? Meaning the chance of the current generation iPad Air is probably higher?
I think it would depend on when it’s available for purchase. The new iMac was added to the promotion when it came out.

Maybe they want to clear out all the AirPods as new models are supposed to come out.
Jul 31, 2015
476 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
dbi43252 wrote: I am divided.

On one hand I want to take advantage of this promo. On the other, if the rumours are true, the new iPad Air looks like it might be a significant improvement. The AirPods would be nice, but a quality iPad is a more important factor.

I am thinking of waiting until close to the end of this promo and buying a current model with AirPods. If the new iPad air is announced or comes out for a similar price I can initiate a return of the previous iPad within 15 days. Factoring in shipping times and the 15 days, that could give me until the end of October.

Does anyone see any unexpected hitches with this plan?
I'd wait. The event is on September 15th. The back to school promo doesn't end until Sept 29th. Apple usually keeps their order/shipping dates close to their launch announcements. Apple could exclude the new iPads (and Macbooks ?) from the promo though.

The reason I pulled the trigger with a Macbook Air is because of the Drop point promo which would give me ~$150 back in gift cards. And I didn't think Apple would touch the Macbook Air for the rest of this year after the March refresh.
Sep 5, 2020
3 posts
turtlepower11 wrote: Yeah absolutely. As long as you don't go over your annual limit (it's mostly 2 of each) for the product type.
Awesome! That’s exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3397 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
dbi43252 wrote: I am divided.

On one hand I want to take advantage of this promo. On the other, if the rumours are true, the new iPad Air looks like it might be a significant improvement. The AirPods would be nice, but a quality iPad is a more important factor.

I am thinking of waiting until close to the end of this promo and buying a current model with AirPods. If the new iPad air is announced or comes out for a similar price I can initiate a return of the previous iPad within 15 days. Factoring in shipping times and the 15 days, that could give me until the end of October.

Does anyone see any unexpected hitches with this plan?
If you look at the current lead time for any iPad, you can’t get one from the factory until October at the earliest.

I doubt the new iPad Air will be included in this BTS promo. Apple is backlogged as it is and I doubt they have any problem with starting the sale of the new iPad Air in October.
Aug 21, 2015
8 posts
Toronto, ON
Too lazy to go through the whole thread to check if this has already been asked, but the promo is available if buying the 7th gen 10.2" ipad right?
TIA
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34484 posts
20519 upvotes
Center of Universe
Curie2 wrote: Too lazy to go through the whole thread to check if this has already been asked, but the promo is available if buying the 7th gen 10.2" ipad right?
TIA
No, for the iPads, only AIR and Pro.
Aug 7, 2019
822 posts
283 upvotes
turtlepower11 wrote: I'd wait. The event is on September 15th. The back to school promo doesn't end until Sept 29th. Apple usually keeps their order/shipping dates close to their launch announcements. Apple could exclude the new iPads (and Macbooks ?) from the promo though.

The reason I pulled the trigger with a Macbook Air is because of the Drop point promo which would give me ~$150 back in gift cards. And I didn't think Apple would touch the Macbook Air for the rest of this year after the March refresh.
Is this drop promo still ongoing? How do you get it? I've been waiting for something of sort of points/cash back promo before making my purchase.
Jul 31, 2015
476 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
DrDoomsday wrote: Is this drop promo still ongoing? How do you get it? I've been waiting for something of sort of points/cash back promo before making my purchase.
Just download/install the Drop app. Check it everyday.
Nov 24, 2016
152 posts
134 upvotes
Vancouver
Warning to anyone trying to return the AirPods in the Apple Store for cash. Don't do it, as it will only bring you headaches.

The Apple Store worker told me the system will not allow me a refund as it takes the money off the price of the MacBook I bought. Then because he already attempted processing the return in the system, he said the AirPods were no longer mine and I had to bring in my MacBook to claim the AirPods again as they had to "resell" the computer to me and they couldn't do that without the computer present.

So now, not only did I not get the money back for the AirPods, I basically relinquished the AirPods to the Apple Store unless I bring in my MacBook again which I didn't have time to do today as I had to go to work.

Will try again on Monday to claim the AirPods again. I will also try and get the CF gift card promotion as I forgot that existed. Easy $75 off the computer when they "resell" the computer to me.
Aug 5, 2013
167 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
jdayellow wrote: Warning to anyone trying to return the AirPods in the Apple Store for cash. Don't do it, as it will only bring you headaches.

The Apple Store worker told me the system will not allow me a refund as it takes the money off the price of the MacBook I bought. Then because he already attempted processing the return in the system, he said the AirPods were no longer mine and I had to bring in my MacBook to claim the AirPods again as they had to "resell" the computer to me and they couldn't do that without the computer present.

So now, not only did I not get the money back for the AirPods, I basically relinquished the AirPods to the Apple Store unless I bring in my MacBook again which I didn't have time to do today as I had to go to work.

Will try again on Monday to claim the AirPods again. I will also try and get the CF gift card promotion as I forgot that existed. Easy $75 off the computer when they "resell" the computer to me.
No shit
Last edited by pineapplesuck on Sep 13th, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6242 posts
2090 upvotes
jdayellow wrote: Warning to anyone trying to return the AirPods in the Apple Store for cash. Don't do it, as it will only bring you headaches.

pineapplesuck wrote: No shit
LOL. You think apple would let you game the system?.
Aug 7, 2019
822 posts
283 upvotes
turtlepower11 wrote: Just download/install the Drop app. Check it everyday.
What was the most points they have offered so far? Will check and wait for something better
Jul 31, 2015
476 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
DrDoomsday wrote: What was the most points they have offered so far? Will check and wait for something better
I got it when they boosted it to 75 points per $1 where 1000 points = $1 in gift card value.

The highest I've seen it get boosted in 150 points per $1 during their anniversary promo.

Normal is 15 points per $1.

Aeroplan and AirMiles have comparable random promos as well.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1208 posts
647 upvotes
Ajax

The fact that you actually thought that this was going to work is comical 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣