Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Apple back to school promotion 2021 (free AirPods with Mac, ipad pro/air)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2022 3:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7478 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
I ordered the ipad pro 11 with 10x Airmiles promotion. Somehow I am already have second thought before it arrives that I should have ordered 12.9, I bought 11 mostly for the cheaper price, but I feel the experience from 11 may not be significantly different than a regular ipad while 12.9 pro would be a different experience especailly with the mini-LED. And if I bought more accessaries like Magik keyboard etc., it will be more expensive in the future to upgrade.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
rivet wrote: I ordered the ipad pro 11 with 10x Airmiles promotion. Somehow I am already have second thought before it arrives that I should have ordered 12.9, I bought 11 mostly for the cheaper price, but I feel the experience from 11 may not be significantly different than a regular ipad while 12.9 pro would be a different experience especailly with the mini-LED. And if I bought more accessaries like Magik keyboard etc., it will be more expensive in the future to upgrade.

I sold my iPad 11 2018 and got the iPad 12.9. Absolutely regret it. With magic keyboard this is freaking heavy, and not portable. Anyways, you are right, iPad pretty much have all the same experience since a lot of it are limited by iPadOS. I will just get the iPad Mini 6 when it comes out so I have something portable.
Aug 8, 2019
84 posts
90 upvotes
Yes I am curious as well.
I wonder if they will allow exchange of airpods for anything other than the magic keyboard (eg. smart folio keyboard + applecare).
Has anyone tried this?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2935 upvotes
Markham
pathoma wrote: Yes I am curious as well.
I wonder if they will allow exchange of airpods for anything other than the magic keyboard (eg. smart folio keyboard + applecare).
Has anyone tried this?
I believed someone reported last week or 2 weeks ago that he was able to exchange for pencil2 plus a gift card for the balance.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
Off topic but any issue trying pods and returning them if they dont fit?
how do they clean them?
Jul 9, 2019
733 posts
2692 upvotes
rivet wrote: I ordered the ipad pro 11 with 10x Airmiles promotion. Somehow I am already have second thought before it arrives that I should have ordered 12.9, I bought 11 mostly for the cheaper price, but I feel the experience from 11 may not be significantly different than a regular ipad while 12.9 pro would be a different experience especailly with the mini-LED. And if I bought more accessaries like Magik keyboard etc., it will be more expensive in the future to upgrade.
If it will be your main device go with 12.9, but if it's a companion 11 is much better. 12.9+keyboard is heavier and thicker than a MBP. I won't mind if I am not carrying a MBP with me. I have 12.9 and love the size and feel but without a keyboard case, once I add a case it starts to give me remorse and guilt feeling as it becomes really expensive, thick, heavy for something which is basically a oversized iPhone with mobile OS (in fact you get worse cameras, lose WhatsApp, Instagram and many other apps). That's why I am sticking to my 2018 Pro, iPad OS is a bottleneck.
Jul 13, 2016
784 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
blindemboss wrote: I’m surprised they gave you credit for the AirPods.
I’m wondering if this would be the case if you only spent less than the value of AirPods.

For instance, would they put the remaining balance on your account if you purchased say a $130 Apple Pencil?
Stores are cracking down on the refunds of the AirPods. So, to circumvent it, I needed a case, anyways. Not sure if they would refund the difference on to the Apple ID balance or an Apple gift card.
Aug 8, 2019
84 posts
90 upvotes
May I ask which Apple store you were able to exchange airpods for magic keyboard for?
Jul 13, 2016
784 posts
1294 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
pathoma wrote: May I ask which Apple store you were able to exchange airpods for magic keyboard for?
Metrotown shopping centre in Burnaby, BC. Paid the difference. Used my employers purchase plan corporate discount for the magic Keyboard, so got $24 off, plus the AirPods credit of $245. Paid $175.
Images
  • 55B444B2-9FC8-4A1E-8E75-57AE9EDEA744.jpeg
Aug 8, 2019
84 posts
90 upvotes
StevenW038982 wrote: Metrotown shopping centre in Burnaby, BC. Paid the difference. Used my employers purchase plan corporate discount for the magic Keyboard, so got $24 off, plus the AirPods credit of $245. Paid $175.
Thank you!
I live by metrotown too, I shall give this a try!
Aug 23, 2020
7 posts
6 upvotes
I was able to return the Airpods today at Upper Canada Mall. No questions asked, in and out only in about a minute.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3272 posts
387 upvotes
So I did the pick up airpods in store, but ship the macbook to my house trick, and the order had said to pick up the airpods by July 26th, and as of last night, the airpods' status changed to "processing - your item will be available for pick up shortly". Is this normal before the order changes to cancelled/refunded? Since today is technically the last day I have to pick up the airpods
Jan 24, 2013
361 posts
178 upvotes
Ontario
BlissKira wrote: So I did the pick up airpods in store, but ship the macbook to my house trick, and the order had said to pick up the airpods by July 26th, and as of last night, the airpods' status changed to "processing - your item will be available for pick up shortly". Is this normal before the order changes to cancelled/refunded? Since today is technically the last day I have to pick up the airpods
This happened to me where the status of the Airpods changed to "processing" after the initial "ready for pick up" status. Today, on the 15th day since I placed the order, I received an email saying my order has been cancelled and they are processing the return to my credit card.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
Nguygie wrote: This happened to me where the status of the Airpods changed to "processing" after the initial "ready for pick up" status. Today, on the 15th day since I placed the order, I received an email saying my order has been cancelled and they are processing the return to my credit card.
Dang, so Apple refunded the $219 + taxes and not just cancelling?
Jun 3, 2007
579 posts
211 upvotes
Scarborough
Got this email Your pickup has been cancelled.We’re working on your refund now.
Hopefully it works out otherwise I will return my iPad Pro 12,it’s too heavy and not portable at all compared to my old 11.Only added benefit is bigger screen to read magazine etc,mini led is good but sometimes it has some issues.
Jun 11, 2018
124 posts
72 upvotes
Damn, the M1 chip is ridiculous. LOL, this might turn Mac haters into Mac owners, Intel PC's/AMD PC's does not have anything at this price point to beat the M1.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3017 upvotes
Toronto
insuranceproblem76 wrote: Damn, the M1 chip is ridiculous. LOL, this might turn Mac haters into Mac owners, Intel PC's/AMD PC's does not have anything at this price point to beat the M1.
Highly doubtful...the hate is strong.
And I'm not sure why the unwavering faith to a platform. And this goes both ways.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1809 posts
224 upvotes
GTA
crispwolf wrote: Got this email Your pickup has been cancelled.We’re working on your refund now.
Hopefully it works out otherwise I will return my iPad Pro 12,it’s too heavy and not portable at all compared to my old 11.Only added benefit is bigger screen to read magazine etc,mini led is good but sometimes it has some issues.
Hey, how did you split the order for airpods for pickup, and ipad for delivery? I do not see any option to do so.

Thanks in advance
A penny saved, is a penny earned!
Jul 22, 2015
797 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
Took advantage of this offer last year. I ended up selling the airpods on Kijiji for $150. I'm sure I could have sold them for more, but I wanted them sold asap. I had a lot of inquiries on them too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)