• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 12:11 am
[OP]
Jan 28, 2013
314 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver

[Apple] Apple Watch Milanese Loop

Not for everyone. But the official Milanese loop Apple Watch bands are on sale at the Apple Store.

Not sure if it’s a permanent price drop or limited time sale.
18 replies
Dec 15, 2017
49 posts
10 upvotes
The link says 119, isn’t that regular price? How much is it in store ?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4868 posts
1398 upvotes
No interest in this band

But, do the other bands ever go on sale (sport loop or band)?
Let's hug it out
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
10385 posts
3225 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
SaiyamSethi wrote: The link says 119, isn’t that regular price? How much is it in store ?
The price in on the American site is US$99, so this price is lower, considering exchange rates.

But really? C$119 for a watch band? That also says,
Strap is not water resistant.

Band contains magnets and may cause interference with Compass on Apple Watch.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Dec 11, 2003
423 posts
66 upvotes
I would just buy one of these from Amazon, no need to have an Apple original for that price. I had a third party version for over a year no issues.
Apr 26, 2009
713 posts
508 upvotes
Calgary
I’ve had great success with Apple Watch bands off AliExpress. I got a few of the leather loop straps for less than $15 while they retail for $120 with Apple. Quality is great.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1410 posts
128 upvotes
Agreed with the above, I’ve purchased 3 leather straps from amazon and no complaints. I’ve also just ordered 2 Milanese loops from AliExpress last month (still waiting on them) but they were both shipped for under $10.

Cheers
Dec 15, 2017
49 posts
10 upvotes
I can’t speak for Apples band since I’ve never owned one - but have owned duplicates off of amazon and found those fade/scratch very quickly.

I think Apple claims these bands are stainless steel, so may be a bit more durable?
Jan 17, 2014
57 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
It was $200 CAD before. It looks and feels really nice. But I am still going to have to pass at $119 CAD.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15146 posts
6538 upvotes
Ottawa
MexiCanuck wrote: But really? C$119 for a watch band?
Nice watch bands on a real luxury watch can easily cost many hundreds, but I wouldn't go out of my way to spend $$ on an Apple watch band...the regular one that comes with the watch is comfortable and does the trick.

95% of the Apple watches I see have the regular plastic bands so it seems like most people feel the same

My wife bought the watch and decided to get a spare band in a different color, and got one of these cheap ones on Amazon. The metal bits all rusted out so she went back to the original one. I guess for the price of the original, you can buy a few and replace them when they rust out.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
[OP]
Jan 28, 2013
314 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve ordered several from Amazon from different sellers are different times but I have never received one that truly matches the gold.

Is $119 necessary for a band? No. But it’s definitely better than the original $199.

Good enough for me. Got one for myself and the wife.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1602 posts
452 upvotes
Canada
This used to be $199 CAD. Dropped in price after the September iPhone event to $119 CAD. Leather loop also got price drop to $119. Sport bands saw $10 drop to $59. The space black Milanese was $279 in 2016.
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1809 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
UltimateB wrote: I’ve had great success with Apple Watch bands off AliExpress. I got a few of the leather loop straps for less than $15 while they retail for $120 with Apple. Quality is great.
Could you link to the Ali express seller? I’d like some more leather loops
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2475 upvotes
Is there concern that it'll break and your apple watch falls off?
Jul 19, 2013
50 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Been using the Black Milanese Loop from Apple for about 2 years now, no issues with it nor does it have any scratches.
Oct 25, 2001
650 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
I have both the  one and the knockoffs. The official one has lasted longer with much less signs of wear, and the magnet is just the right strength. I would opt for it if you use it as your main strap, but otherwise to each their own if they would rather save the money for multiple third party straps.

Same case with the Sport bands. The Taobao/AliExpress sport ones seem great at the beginning but they fade, and don't feel of the same quality.