• Dec 14th, 2010 12:46 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 5, 2007
51 posts
Mississauga

Apple Boxing Day thoughts?

So as you all know, the great boxing day is in exactly two weeks from today! So my question to all the RFD'ers is if anyone thinks Apple will be participating in boxing day? This is a tough question because saving 10% doesn't count since taxes are more than that, lol. I've gone through last years forums, but I thought to see if anyone has any info as to what they may be promoting or whatnot! Only thing is that Apple is a store people go to shop because it's Apple. Either way if it's boxing day or not, people will crowd and a few percent of those that crowd will actually buy. Hopefully someone has some info which would be helpful!

*Side note: Does anyone know if Apple will be coming out with any sort of "new" or "upgraded" macbook pro in January? I've heard so many different things I don't know which is truthful and/or not.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1191 posts
255 upvotes
Build your own computer or just bend over to the Apple tax.
Mar 19, 2010
8 posts
Vancouver
1. you are posting in the wrong section
2. I don't think I've ever seen apple have any big deals. the most was $150 off macs during the past black friday sale in the US.
3. They are most likely going to announce new macbook and macbook pros in January
May 27, 2007
15718 posts
3190 upvotes
Toronto
sameer12 wrote: So as you all know, the great boxing day is in exactly two weeks from today! So my question to all the RFD'ers is if anyone thinks Apple will be participating in boxing day? This is a tough question because saving 10% doesn't count since taxes are more than that, lol. I've gone through last years forums, but I thought to see if anyone has any info as to what they may be promoting or whatnot! Only thing is that Apple is a store people go to shop because it's Apple. Either way if it's boxing day or not, people will crowd and a few percent of those that crowd will actually buy. Hopefully someone has some info which would be helpful!

*Side note: Does anyone know if Apple will be coming out with any sort of "new" or "upgraded" macbook pro in January? I've heard so many different things I don't know which is truthful and/or not.

oh comon. you should know this is not the right place for Apple discussions.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8909 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
i think i like boxing day. minus the crowds it can be a pretty enjoyable experience. it's all about the deals and we know all about deals here don't we. we dont' call it redflagdeals for nothing. btw watching 'devil' now. pretty good movie minus the reviews. m. night shamylan back in the win column? I hope so. 5th sense was a while ago. signs was pretty good but he could've really upped the budget on the cg near the end of the movie

oh yeah

and ibtl. or moved to another forum
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18176 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:
Moved from "Hot Deals" to "Shopping Discussion".
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6548 posts
1176 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
As I recall Apple never has any deals other than Black Friday, so likely there won't be any deals during Boxing Day.

Highly unlikely that new Macbooks Pros will be out in January. If anything we should be hearing about new iPad first in the new year, then maybe they will update the laptops.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1593 posts
528 upvotes
Apple is an American company, and Boxing Day is a Canadian thing. They might not do anything special for us other than maybe a token discount.

I think as far as Apple is concerned, the big sales (if you can even really call it that) are over (e.g, Black Friday).
Mar 14, 2006
635 posts
22 upvotes
GreyingJay wrote: Apple is an American company, and Boxing Day is a Canadian thing. They might not do anything special for us other than maybe a token discount.

I think as far as Apple is concerned, the big sales (if you can even really call it that) are over (e.g, Black Friday).
You are right, on Black Friday Apple had their largest discount. Apple stores in Canada were very busy selling to all the people who waited for those nice discounts.

Boxing day in Canada never had large sales from Apple, if any at all. Best chance for a sale on Apple computers might be at Future Shop or Best Buy.
Mar 10, 2004
156 posts
1 upvote
GreyingJay wrote: Apple is an American company, and Boxing Day is a Canadian thing. They might not do anything special for us other than maybe a token discount.
BestBuy is also an American company (as are many others) which do have boxing day sales. Apple simply doesn't have huge discount/sales, nothing to do with being American.