Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Apple] Apple Canada Black Friday Shopping Event - Up to $210 in Gift Cards with Select Devices (November 27-30)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2020 5:17 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2050 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto

[Apple] Apple Canada Black Friday Shopping Event - Up to $210 in Gift Cards with Select Devices (November 27-30)

Thought I'd create a thread for those looking to buy from Apple directly.
One of the few times Apple actually 'rewards' you for buying their stuff. It's usually in the form of gift cards.

---
joey003 wrote: Detailed here - 27th through 30th, I guess like last year:

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/gifts/sho ... conditions

iPhone SE $70 Gift Card
iPhone XR $70 Gift Card
iPhone 11 $70 Gift Card
iPad mini $70 Gift Card
iPad Pro 11-inch $140 Gift Card
iPad Pro 12.9-inch $140 Gift Card
MacBook Pro 16-inch $210 Gift Card
iMac 21.5-inch LED-backlit display $210 Gift Card
MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) $70 Gift Card (Apple Store locations only, subject to availability)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) $70 Gift Card (Apple Store locations only, subject to availability)
Apple Watch Series 3 $35 Gift Card
AirPods with Charging Case $35 Gift Card
AirPods with Wireless Charging Case $35 Gift Card
AirPods Pro $35 Gift Card
HomePod $140 Gift Card
Apple TV HD $70 Gift Card
Apple TV 4K $70 Gift Card
Beats $70 Gift Card
Last edited by RFDSimon on Nov 23rd, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added 2020 sale details
264 replies
Jun 6, 2017
187 posts
128 upvotes
Do you know if those gift cards were also for the education store pricing?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2050 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
tsx612 wrote: Do you know if those gift cards were also for the education store pricing?
My understanding is that it’s one or the other. So unfortunately, no double dipping.
Google search says no.
But it’s worth a look on Black Friday to see if you can.
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London
tsx612 wrote: Do you know if those gift cards were also for the education store pricing?
Nop! I tried last year and my attempt was failed!
Dec 19, 2011
532 posts
154 upvotes
Looking to get an iPhone 12 Pro in the next few weeks. Currently have 2 lines on Bell and Rogers.

What's the best deal to upgrade outside of a contract?
Nov 30, 2019
257 posts
270 upvotes
Just a note, these are usually their older or budget/entry level models that have these gift card bonuses

Set expectations accordingly
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2050 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
roccerfeller wrote: Just a note, these are usually their older or budget/entry level models that have these gift card bonuses

Set expectations accordingly
True. That said their budget MacBook Air and Mac mini just received upgrades to the M1 chip.

I could see them not including these, but these are the entry models computers.
Apr 21, 2008
148 posts
134 upvotes
I'm hoping the iPhone 11s get discounted this year or with a gift card promo. I need 2 new IPhones.

My 16gb 5c is on it's last legs!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5980 posts
2085 upvotes
nickscott wrote: Looking to get an iPhone 12 Pro in the next few weeks. Currently have 2 lines on Bell and Rogers.

What's the best deal to upgrade outside of a contract?
You mean buying without a carrier contract? There will be no BF/BD deals on iphone 12 pro/pro max for buying outright without a carrier contract. This is based on past history, yr before with 11 pro/pro max, yr before that with xs/xs max, etc. The older/entry level iphones might get a $70 gift card based on past history but not the newest/flagship iphones
Nov 21, 2010
470 posts
295 upvotes
Surrey
If they repeat the $280 gift card, except on the new M1 MacBook Pro, it would be amazing.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3531 posts
2210 upvotes
Vancouver
mighty_chef wrote: I'm hoping the iPhone 11s get discounted this year or with a gift card promo. I need 2 new IPhones.

My 16gb 5c is on it's last legs!
You definitely deserve an upgrade!
May 30, 2017
593 posts
196 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
Does anyone know if these BF deals stack with education pricing? Probably not, but worth a shot to ask.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go for a Macbook at all (Windows user here), and if I should get the M1 Pro over the M1 Air. I'll be going to OSX from Windows after a decade so everything will be new to me... and I want to keep any Macbook I get as a daily driver for as long as possible, as in, more than 5 years, so I'm planning on getting maxed out specs. I was initially considering the Pro but I'm not a fan of that gimmicky touchbar, but I want a proper cooling system and not a fanless design.

I'm so torn, I don't know what to choose.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2050 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
anotherbargainhunter wrote: I sure hope they include the M1 on promotion this year.
Even if they are included, just understand that you can't apply the discount on the item you're buying.

The gift card can only be used on future purchases.
Jun 1, 2015
69 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Same.. looking for a new Mac book air
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2050 posts
635 upvotes
Toronto
cellnerd wrote: Does anyone know if these BF deals stack with education pricing? Probably not, but worth a shot to ask.

I'm still trying to decide if I should go for a Macbook at all (Windows user here), and if I should get the M1 Pro over the M1 Air. I'll be going to OSX from Windows after a decade so everything will be new to me... and I want to keep any Macbook I get as a daily driver for as long as possible, as in, more than 5 years, so I'm planning on getting maxed out specs. I was initially considering the Pro but I'm not a fan of that gimmicky touchbar, but I want a proper cooling system and not a fanless design.

I'm so torn, I don't know what to choose.

It truly depends on your use case. If you don't do any heavy lifting ie. sustained processing like coding or rendering, then the Air is fine.
But if you do, get the MacBook Pro.
And if you don't need it to be portable, get the Mac mini for even less money.

Oh, I wouldn't count on stacking the edu discount and gift card.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2934 posts
1199 upvotes
, ON
blindemboss wrote: Even if they are included, just understand that you can't apply the discount on the item you're buying.

The gift card can only be used on future purchases.
Yes I know. I will use the gift card for Final Cut Pro
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2855 posts
1369 upvotes
Waiting for a deal on the iPad Pro 2020 12.9". Need to upgrade my 2018 iPad Pro 11"......the extra 1.9" really makes a difference.

If you say size doesn't matter.......
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14589 posts
5817 upvotes
Ottawa
cellnerd wrote: Does anyone know if these BF deals stack with education pricing? Probably not, but worth a shot to ask.
Nope, it doesn't stack. About 10+ years ago it did stack, but not in the recent years.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.