Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Apple] Apple Canada Black Friday Shopping Event - Up to $210 in Gift Cards with Select Devices (November 27-30)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2020 5:17 am
Tags:
Aug 5, 2018
538 posts
751 upvotes
quanvon wrote: Ordered just after midnight and got the gc a few hours ago.

And for those wondering (can’t remember if I read on this thread of another) you CAN use the education portal discount plus get the giftcard
People reported that one can not combine the discounts, for the past few years.
So apple may cancel or adjust your order?

Good luck.
May 4, 2004
465 posts
89 upvotes
Without educational price, I can see gift card auto added, but with educational price, I didn't see it at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1944 posts
253 upvotes
Is there anywhere that offers deals on apple stuff like other retailers? Looking to get 3k+ of items but doesn't seem like anywhere is less.
Aug 5, 2018
538 posts
751 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: You can get 2 gift cards (promotional products) for each eligible product category during this promotion. The terms did not say both products must be purchased together.

Promotion Restrictions

This offer is valid only during the Promotion Period, while supplies last. Eligible Products and Promotional Products are subject to availability. For each Eligible Product Category, only two (2) Promotional Products per purchaser may be obtained during this promotion. You must be an individual end-user purchaser to obtain this promotional offer. Resellers, public entities, government entities, non-profit organisations, educational institutions, education purchasers, enterprise purchasers and business purchasers do not qualify, and Apple reserves the right to cancel purchases made by such purchasers. If Apple determines that you participated in this promotion but were not a Qualified Purchaser, Apple will seek a return of the Promotional Product or reimbursement for the value of the Promotional Product. Purchases of Eligible Products via any channel other than any of the Qualifying Locations are not eligible for this promotion. Subject to Apple Store Gift Card Terms and Conditions; see apple.com/legal/giftcards/applestore/ca. Election of the offer may require personal setup of your Eligible Product at the time of purchase. This offer cannot be combined with the Corporate Employee Purchase Program, education or business loyalty pricing. Availability of in-store promotion offerings may be limited by Apple Store location closures as a result of COVID-19.

From https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/gifts/sho ... conditions
Resellers, public entities, government entities, non-profit organisations, educational institutions, education purchasers, enterprise purchasers and business purchasers do not qualify, and Apple reserves the right to cancel purchases made by such purchasers.
Dec 5, 2017
40 posts
13 upvotes
any more data points for double dipping education pricing with apple black friday gc?
Feb 26, 2017
611 posts
424 upvotes
Roy2004 wrote: Without educational price, I can see gift card auto added, but with educational price, I didn't see it at all.
Same here, not sure how people are getting both.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8932 posts
4241 upvotes
Markham
beagleyguy wrote: The sales associate said that to you? That's just sad. I hope you told him that he needs to sort out his priorities.
I doubt that's original quote, he could get fired for it
Apr 21, 2008
148 posts
134 upvotes
When to an Apple Store that wasn't locked down due to COVID:

Traded in my iPhone 6
- Received a $35 gift card

Purchased an iPhone 11 using gift card ($849-$35)
- Received a $70 gift card

Purchased another iPhone 11 using gift card ($849-$70)
- Received another $70 card

Purchased 2 phone cases with gift card ($49 + $49) - $70

I know it's just an 11, but I don't know any better time to get a "deal" on an iPhone than Black Friday
(without changing your phone plan)
Sep 30, 2007
369 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
mighty_chef wrote: When to an Apple Store that wasn't locked down due to COVID:

Traded in my iPhone 6
- Received a $35 gift card

Purchased an iPhone 11 using gift card ($849-$35)
- Received a $70 gift card

Purchased another iPhone 11 using gift card ($849-$70)
- Received another $70 card

Purchased 2 phone cases with gift card ($49 + $49) - $70

I know it's just an 11, but I don't know any better time to get a "deal" on an iPhone than Black Friday
(without changing your phone plan)

The RFD way.
Oct 13, 2019
91 posts
99 upvotes
On from November 27th to November 30th. Buy you buy select Apple Ipad Pro you get a $140 Apple gift card. You can get a $70 gift card when buying iPad mini.
Last edited by Happyhellx on Nov 28th, 2020 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1941 posts
3362 upvotes
Toronto
The eligible iPads for $140 are literally on the website. And why this is Hot when you don’t even know the details of the deal Face With Tears Of Joy

Get a $140 gift card*
iPad Pro
From $1049

Get a $70 gift card*
iPad mini
From $529
Jun 19, 2018
96 posts
49 upvotes
$70 with the iPhone SE is a great deal. Thanks OP!
Oct 8, 2020
300 posts
271 upvotes
chiisana wrote: If they repeat the $280 gift card, except on the new M1 MacBook Pro, it would be amazing.
Boo hoo
MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) $70 Gift Card
(Apple Store locations only, subject to availability)

Apple forces you to go to CLOSED STORES in GTA
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Oct 8, 2020
300 posts
271 upvotes
NotMoneyGuy wrote: . Thought of getting the 16 memory for the extra $250,
Gotta love Apple $250 for an extra 8 gigs which does not cost then even $25
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
Nov 22, 2017
202 posts
213 upvotes
Got the SE as a gift for someone, will use the $70 gc for an ipad air for myself! May wait until Boxing Day just in case...

Ordered it online and was expecting it to be $599.99+tax (+$70gc) but it ended up being $599.99-$70+tax (+$70 gc) so saved a bit of tax there thanks apple!